Thread: Razor Naga help

Razor Naga help

I am going to be purchasing a Naga mouse soon, and was just wondering about a few things. For starters, the placement of the two extra buttons up near the top, meant to be pressed with the index finger. I see that the regular Naga has the buttons up on the front of the mouse, however the Naga Epic has those buttons placed right behind the scroll wheel. Cost is a non-issue so I'm trying to figure out which option you Naga users seem to prefer.

I have heard that the Naga is very slim, making the Naga Epic seem like the better way to go because of the replaceable side that comes in 3 sizes, also the battery in the Naga Epic gives it a little needed weight which the Naga seems to lack. Any other information that may help me choose which to buy would be much appreciated.

Mainly just looking for some opinions about the ergonomic comparison of these 2 mice. Again, price is a non-issue

I personally use a regular Naga and have never used the index finger buttons for anything. I forget they're there for the most part. I don't see myself using them even if I had the epic and they were behind the scroll wheel, but that's because of how I have my hand placed. It feels unnatural to reach back behind the scroll wheel for me with my middle finger.

That said, I've never had an issue where I thought I needed more buttons. With the 1-12, alt, shift and control modifiers as well as mouseover macros available, it's just ... a lot of buttons to be able to be used. Using the modifiers is a lot easier since it still only takes 1 hand on the keyboard and you don't have to be in an awkward position to use them (hitting the modifier + the key).

I've had both RNE and RN. I personally prefer the RN just because it's more light-weight but everyone has their preferences.
    Also, I've never used the index finger buttons near the left mouse-button either, yet I have pretty big hands lol.

my hands are ... not big. So the normal naga feels better for me. BUT... i don't know i'm just used to the ''regular'' razer to this point. would not trade it for any other mouse

Using the regular Naga here, have nothing but good things to say about it.

Deleted
    I've never tried the Epic version, but the normal naga is fine for me, and I have massive hands. I use the buttons up front quite a lot, they're very useful for things that are important but not used all the time, counterspell for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic version here, would not trade it for any other mouse, weight is very nice, I use the large side piece, I only use 1 of the 2 buttons behind the scrollwheel, and i hit that with the bottom of my finger near where it meets my palm, well because I find it easier to slide my finger right a bit instead of bend the whole finger back to hit the button
    lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The buttons to the left side can be weird to click for most people. I find them a bit annoying to hit regularly (have to shift my whole hand, including my middle finger off the right button) so I have them bound to things I don't do often, and yet need keybinds for.

I use one for auto run, and the other brings up sets of Opie Rings via different modifier keys... (one for raid target icons, one for world markers, and one for a few macros I use as raid leader)

Buttons under the wheel seem to be easier to press for most people, when I had the original SteelSeries WoW mouse, I disliked the button directly under the scroll wheel. I have large hands and long fingers.

Didnt use Epic naga , its have more options than normal one , but really dosent make diffrence for playing game to me

I use top buttons , as moonkin they do heal and cleanse , rogue stealth and kick , i dont rememeber others

xXx English is not my first language xXx

Thanks for all the quick replies everyone!

My main concerns about these mice at first was the index finger button placement, I didn't want to buy one and wish I had bought the other simply because of the extra buttons accessibility.

I went ahead and looked up a bunch of reviews for these mice, and i have got to say, its not looking good for the naga epic. It seems many people are having issue's with the wireless connectivity and a short battery life. I'm going to go with the safest route for this purchase and take the regular Naga. Had i not come across these bad reviews for the Naga Epic, it would have been my selection in this case.