Trueshot Lodge - Hunter Forum

Hey.

Trueshot Lodge is a new hunter forum/community website by Jademcian.

https://trueshotlodge.ca/

Hope to see you all there.

It's like, super new. It's the newest new thing there has ever been, but if you have any questions ask below.

Blademaster
    Just... why?

With mmo-c we have one of the most well known and established forum platforms for not only hunter but all classes.. i really dont get why you need now a new forum..
    Just to get "alone" from the other classes? Or is it, because there you are a mod?

It's so new... and new!

Design isnt rly good. I would move bot paragraphs on first page at the center under each line. Also that background (the red one) is getting broken for me. Prob from JS or something.

Now it looks like this http://prikachi.com/images/521/8760521t.png
    I think it will looks better like this - http://prikachi.com/images/522/8760522j.png

Keyboard Turner
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneri View Post
    Just... why?

With mmo-c we have one of the most well known and established forum platforms for not only hunter but all classes.. i really dont get why you need now a new forum..
    Just to get "alone" from the other classes? Or is it, because there you are a mod?
    Cause some people can't take if others are a little harsh on them. So they go off QQing to the nazi mods

Quote Originally Posted by Aneri View Post
    Just... why?

There's no moderation on this forum as such. If you shitpost, it's just moved to the Jar. So no, I don't really see where you are getting the "you must want a new forum just so you can be a mod on it" idea.

Look at the quality of posts and threads alike on MMO-C where there is moderation, but it's completely misguided. It's shit. Most of the people who know what they're talking about don't come here because it's AIDS. This is the main reason a new forum would be good.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2016-04-19 at 07:58 PM.

If it's where the hunter info I need is, I'll bookmark it. Don't really see a huge reason to put it in a different place though.

*Enters thread to see what it's about*

First post asks a ridiculous question.

(Because never in the history of game-related forums has there ever been more than one, right?)

First post then takes passive aggressive swipe at OP.

Gee, I really can't imagine why anyone might want to start a forum somewhere else.

*Shakes head amused and sees herself out*

P.S. Oh, and Godwin by response no. 4. Classic lol.
    Last edited by Keyimin; 2016-04-20 at 05:36 AM.

MMO-C will continue to function the purpose that it serves. It is a large catch all where the majority of players do a sort of one-stop forum-shop.
    Similarly, the main Warcraft hunter boards serve a similar function, but for folks who maybe want a more official route, or who think the moderation is more active there. Generally it's a preference for the forum board style and functionality more than anything.

For example, and this is my opinion, MMO-C has a general air about it that is far more sensitive and touchy. Many people like to spend their time online looking for a reason to get mad and this has traditionally been a really good place to do that (to clarify, the entire board at large, not specific subboards).
    There are many other class boards that exist outside these two larger venues, and most of them are specifically in order to create a smaller arena in which to discuss certain things. Those boards usually have larger posts and are not made from inside "Quick Reply" WYSIWYG editors. Or they're honing in on one specific thing, similar to the pet theme at Petopia.

I can tell you right off the bat that these new forums will not be good for a large number of people from here. There's nothing wrong with that and I don't think you should have any sort of pressure to have to view it either, because I imagine a vast majority of any important information will be spread to all the other boards.
    Alternatively, this should be a good place for those hunters who have remained safely in the Hunter Blogosphere that's gone strong between 2008-2013 and haven't had any reason to join in more populated discussions here.
    Or if you just want information from me, because I generally refrain from responding here even when I'm directly addressed. That's only freak occurrences, though
    Last edited by Nakauri; 2016-04-20 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyimin View Post

(Because never in the history of game-related forums has there ever been more than one, right?)

Gee, I really can't imagine why anyone might want to start a forum somewhere else.

Questioning a questionable decision = forums are shit. Ok, gotchya.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyimin View Post

I think you're probably missing some of Azor's history with this forum. I won't go into it any further than that but the other person's question of him maybe wanting to be a mod and do things his way is not an unreasonable one.

ha!! see you dumb asses, you wont be missed, bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I think you're probably missing some of Azor's history with this forum. I won't go into it any further than that but the other person's question of him maybe wanting to be a mod and do things his way is not an unreasonable one.
    It is, actually, because if that person and yourself did your research it'd be clear that "moderation" isn't even a thing on the forum. Even if I wanted to nazi people I don't like or people who say things I don't like, I could at most move their posts to the Jar (which anyone can still see).

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally, Nakauri (Jademcian) has the final say in literally everything when it comes to the forum. I did not know they were working on a forum until just the other day when it had already been in the works for a while. And they have no reason to be positively biased towards me.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    It is, actually, because if that person and yourself did your research it'd be clear that "moderation" isn't even a thing on the forum. Even if I wanted to nazi people I don't like or people who say things I don't like, I could at most move their posts to the Jar (which anyone can still see).

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally, Nakauri (Jademcian) has the final say in literally everything when it comes to the forum. I did not know they were working on a forum until just the other day when it had already been in the works for a while. And they have no reason to be positively biased towards me.
    Like I said, I'm not going to go further into it, just pointing out that it's fairly well known around here that you've clashed with both mods and other posters before. Therefore, when you come here to advertise another forum someone suggesting it might be because you want somewhere to be your usual self is not completely outlandish. Sure, maybe you're not necessarily a moderator there but it's not like you haven't made it clear before that you and mods disagree about how discussion should be conducted. Having a new place where you have more influence and can act however you like is not some ridiculous suggestion. Anyway, that will be the last post from me on the topic.

I can be my usual self here, too, do you think every post is me holding back on something? If I weren't my usual self I probably wouldn't have been banned before. So no, the notion that I'd want a new forum just to "be my usual self" is pretty outlandish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Nope, I'm pretty well aware of his history just like I'm pretty well aware of MMO-C's "reputation" out in the general WoW-verse. That's irrelevant to the point though, which was also made with at least three parts sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Questioning a questionable decision = forums are shit. Ok, gotchya.
    No, you don't "got me" because you just pulled that conclusion out of your bum. Alternatively, you and logic should settle your disagreements.

Mechagnome
    I'm looking forward to it, right now it looks like one of those shitty shivtr standard guild sites, hope it changes to some more unique. I have no specific ideas for changes myself though.