I could use your help, MMO-C (Mirrored Blades & CMs)

So, recently getting back into playing my Hunter a bit more, and it kind of came to my attention there weren't any collections of what abilities can be reflected by Mirrored Blades in Challenge Modes.
    Talked to a couple Hunters, got what I could out of them, and made a google spreadsheet, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So basically what I'm asking, is if you guys can test some abilities, and post combat logs / recounts of its damage, it would be fantastic for the Hunter CM community~
    I'm mostly looking at bosses, since I couldn't think of any trash mechanics that would be worth you not DPSing. However, I'm more than willing to look at anything and will work on testing in runs.

If you're not quite sure if it's working, I personally use Recount to see the damage. I'm not positive that it's a completely solid system, but I personally haven't taken the time to start logging Heroics or anything.
    If you set up recount to show Bosses data for fights, you can see their damage taken and look for Damage Taken from themselves, like this http://puu.sh/hAPUk/91c14b4dd5.jpg, as far as I'm aware it should show up consistently.
    I'm unsure how to setup Skada for it, since I don't use it personally. But I could look into it if needed.

So, if you guys are willing, please spread this around a bit as well.
    Thanks a ton~

Quick question: Does Mirrored Bladesing Bramble Patch work like Dark Simming it? (Infinite DoT duration) Or does it fall off when you leave the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by NabsTheCracker View Post
    It works the same way as Dark Sim, as far as I could tell when testing it in 5man Heroics.
    Exciting! Wondering if Void Devastation is the same kind of deal, and if it can be Dark Simmed now. Going to go test it later I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Exciting! Wondering if Void Devastation is the same kind of deal, and if it can be Dark Simmed now. Going to go test it later I suppose.
    I updated the spreadsheet a bit with extra notes, there's some cases like Void Devastation or Four Winds where the debuff only lasts as long as the mechanic. So it's kind of hit or miss on duration, but still really worthwhile in almost all situations.

Quote Originally Posted by NabsTheCracker View Post
    I updated the spreadsheet a bit with extra notes, there's some cases like Void Devastation or Four Winds where the debuff only lasts as long as the mechanic. So it's kind of hit or miss on duration, but still really worthwhile in almost all situations.
    It could be buggy, in all my attempts tonight he kept the dot for the rest of the fight (we only got 1 void devastation) and he finished casting it with around 40% left. I had some issues with the Ritual Bones as well, seems like every once in a while it only got 1 hit on the skeleton instead of 2. However, I want to thank you guys for the thread, I love the hell out of playing hunter for these little tricks we get and my guildmates were in awe on TS when they saw that skeleton just blow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    It could be buggy, in all my attempts tonight he kept the dot for the rest of the fight (we only got 1 void devastation) and he finished casting it with around 40% left. I had some issues with the Ritual Bones as well, seems like every once in a while it only got 1 hit on the skeleton instead of 2. However, I want to thank you guys for the thread, I love the hell out of playing hunter for these little tricks we get and my guildmates were in awe on TS when they saw that skeleton just blow up.
    Stuff like the Skeleton in SMBG is always fun for people who don't know about it yet.
    As for that specifically, I've learned it deals damage when you first walk into it. So, stand in front of them, when you see purple, pop det, walk in, walk out, walk back in. Two ticks kills.

As for Void Devastation, yeah, at the time I guess it was just a weird Heroic pull, since then I've had the debuff stay the entire time on Challenge Mode. So, a bit of it was misinformation from being new to it.
    Glad you're enjoying it though~

I tried most of these in our gold runs we did tonight (did 5/8) and I have to say that it works really good, especially the Lava Sweep reflect in Iron Docks. It did so much damage that we barely had to attack the big dude before he died from the dot.
    Bang bang

I just tried reflecting the Lava Sweep in Iron Docks but it DIDN't work, i have also never noticed a stacking debuff from the lava wave there. Do i have to get hit by it when it reaches its destination or just anytime?

Quote Originally Posted by Loonycake View Post
    I just tried reflecting the Lava Sweep in Iron Docks but it DIDN't work, i have also never noticed a stacking debuff from the lava wave there. Do i have to get hit by it when it reaches its destination or just anytime?
    Pop deterr > go into wave > go out then see how the boss just melts

dont forget the glyph
    Bang bang

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Pop deterr > go into wave > go out then see how the boss just melts

dont forget the glyph
    I had the glyph, and i did exactley as you just said. However, i was in front of it when popping it, not to the side of it or anything, that might have had an effect.

Edit: I just tried again, and i even ran inside of the lava for the entire duration of it with detter up, i even took damage from it afterwards, but i don't see any damage done by the reflected ability on Skada. It might just be skada not showing it?
    Last edited by Loonycake; 2015-05-24 at 10:50 AM.

I don't see any damage done by the reflected ability on Skada. It might just be skada not showing it?
    Skada doesn't show any of the reflected abilities. Also they will be way less noticeable on heroic since the damage is much lower.

I figured as much. Ill try and install recount and see if that shows it.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, after some testing, neither Recount or skada shows the damage done, but the dot of Windwall on first boss in Skyreach was there and he did take damage from it. So it does work, but damage meters dont detect it.

At NabsTheCracker which version of recount did you use when you took that screenshot?
    Last edited by Loonycake; 2015-05-25 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Additional question

I figured as much. Ill try and install recount and see if that shows it.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, after some testing, neither Recount or skada shows the damage done, but the dot of Windwall on first boss in Skyreach was there and he did take damage from it. So it does work, but damage meters dont detect it.

At NabsTheCracker which version of recount did you use when you took that screenshot?
    I'm unsure which version at the time, however it should work with every functional version. - In order to get it to show up you'll have to do a little tweaking though.
    My Config window looks like this: http://puu.sh/hZH2R/7f002f8b2f.jpg
    And that's how the information will show up, in the same Damage Done window (overall, or current fight), however it will always be under the Boss' name, dealing damage to themselves.
    (Should also show up under Damage Taken, as well, "Boss name, Damage, %" http://puu.sh/hZH6p/376139de6d.jpg )

Those screenshots being taken from a CM Iron Docks recount earlier today.
    Something to note as well, is some of the damage will not show up as a DoT on the boss. Unknown reasons, but it just doesn't. So in order to be sure it works, I just use recount with the setup I showed above.

Also to note:
    Tried to mess with Skada and see if it'll track boss damage taken/dealt from/to themselves, as far as I can tell I can't make it track additional information via settings. So unsure how to help there.
    Guess we're all stuck with recount or Logs to test for now.

BONUS NOTE x2
    Edited the spreadsheet to say if it's direct damage or a DoT, as well as to note if it's a visible DoT.

How much do Windwall/Four Winds tick for? It's pretty noticeable when we don't do it but I don't have exact numbers.

I did the Skyreach, SBG (void devestation one .. I couldn't get ritual of bones to work), and Everbloom ones.

They each made a considerable difference in damage done. For some reason I couldn't see the dmg on the boss, but my guild mate could.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    How much do Windwall/Four Winds tick for? It's pretty noticeable when we don't do it but I don't have exact numbers.
    I don't have the exact numbers, but Windwall alone let me 2-man the boss with a Hunter on CM on my Blood DK.
    Iirc it's like 50k/dps or 50k/tick, don't remember.
    Four Winds was slightly lower iirc, and has a duration.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    I did the Skyreach, SBG (void devestation one .. I couldn't get ritual of bones to work), and Everbloom ones.

They each made a considerable difference in damage done. For some reason I couldn't see the dmg on the boss, but my guild mate could.
    In order to reflect Ritual of Bones, once the purple mist has appeared, turn on Cheetah, walk into the cloud, wait for the damage to tick, then run back in front, then run back into the cloud. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNU6df_JJM8 here's a quick recording I took from a heroic run, damage is approximately the same for % on CM.
    Two ticks will kill it.
    Also in order to get damage to show up, be sure to set up Recount to track boss information. (See my post above for set up of Recount, Skada cannot do this however)