Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So very messy! I like the blank bar for the name on your target but do you commonly forget your own characters name and that's why you need to show it and/or your title? Really can't use an alternate bar (I've got mine set to shift down arrow and it turns my main bar into things like that so I don't have to show many things) for fishing and cooking and a campfire?

You show everything and you keep the center of your screen clean so it's perfectly functional I just think it may help a bit to get rid of some of the clutter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    So very messy! I like the blank bar for the name on your target but do you commonly forget your own characters name and that's why you need to show it and/or your title?
    Nope but bar looked bad with only health on it. I'm using different addon to track focus/rage/mana bar and I don't want it on my frame. Plus I'm using it to quickly check my group and afk status.

Really can't use an alternate bar (I've got mine set to shift down arrow and it turns my main bar into things like that so I don't have to show many things) for fishing and cooking and a campfire?
    You show everything and you keep the center of your screen clean so it's perfectly functional I just think it may help a bit to get rid of some of the clutter.
    If I hide everything then my Ui feels empty for me, and MoveAnything was disabled for some reason on last screenshots. When it comes to bottom right corner it should look like this (just didn't have time to copy it over to other specs):

Last edited by mmocbdbab750ab; 2012-08-20 at 11:40 PM.

This is mine. It is small and elegant, everything is at the bottom so I have a lot of space for the actuall game
    this one is with raid frames. Ignore the summary statisticks of the recount I could not find a better screenshot

and this one with the party frames
    Last edited by Arcane36; 2012-08-21 at 12:04 AM.

It seems like focus (even focus target) and target of target can both be pretty helpful, if not required for certain things in a fight. I don't know how you would fit them in with your current setup.[COLOR="red"]
    My target of target is directly below my target frame. My focus frame is directly below my pet frame, I recently made my pet frame smaller so things on my left side are sorta weird.

I don't really see a need for a focus target, as my focus is only for my MD>Focus macro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    My target of target is directly below my target frame. My focus frame is directly below my pet frame, I recently made my pet frame smaller so things on my left side are sorta weird.

I don't really see a need for a focus target, as my focus is only for my MD>Focus macro.

Hide those binds! Looks nicer

When a wild forum troll appears

My fonts got messed up on that looked weird. Don't even know how it happened and I couldn't find a way to change the fonts, so I hid the binds. Feels weird but I'm slowly getting used to it.

Historically (if that's even the proper word in regards to a video game) there have been quite a few raid bosses where when pushing progression seeing focus target was needed. Twin Dragons in BoT is the first one that comes to mind because the first kills were way underhealing it and having the dps dodge fireballs being thrown down. You knew who they were targetting based on watching the focus target frame. Lich King was a big one with defile targetting.

You're correct in that their are very few times where it may be necessary, yet when it is necessary it's nice to be able to toggle it and it not make everything thrown off. With your current setup you could easily put it parallel to your pet and have it go the width of your focus bar, which would keep it aesthetically pleasing and non obtrusive yet still there if necessary.

I like everything you've done with the unit frames, I think they look very neat and minimalistic, while still providing everything you could need to know in a small centralized area.

Historically (if that's even the proper word in regards to a video game) there have been quite a few raid bosses where when pushing progression seeing focus target was needed. Twin Dragons in BoT is the first one that comes to mind because the first kills were way underhealing it and having the dps dodge fireballs being thrown down. You knew who they were targetting based on watching the focus target frame. Lich King was a big one with defile targetting.

You're correct in that their are very few times where it may be necessary, yet when it is necessary it's nice to be able to toggle it and it not make everything thrown off. With your current setup you could easily put it parallel to your pet and have it go the width of your focus bar, which would keep it aesthetically pleasing and non obtrusive yet still there if necessary.

I like everything you've done with the unit frames, I think they look very neat and minimalistic, while still providing everything you could need to know in a small centralized area.
    You sir, have convinced me to put a Focus Target frame. I'm thinking of only having the name show, having health percentages would cause the name to cut off mid-way. Now I gotta wait till the servers come up.

Deleted

Simple and useful what else would ya need?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marzocchi View Post

Simple and useful what else would ya need?
    Are those kg panels with the ugly tooptip border necessary? do you plan to do anything with them?

When a wild forum troll appears

http//i.imgur.com/gQuY6.jpg
    Upload, pls !

Jeremypwnz, upload it already!

Or maybe you already did. Either way, I'd love a link!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    Are those kg panels with the ugly tooptip border necessary? do you plan to do anything with them?
    Of course they're not necessary but I really like to have them here because I think they make the UI look very integrated, so I'm not planning to do anything with them.

If someone teaches me how to upload it, I will most likely upload my ui for mop. Doubting the 5.0.4 or whatever because ill be lazy and end up not update for the actual mop release. Im pretty lazy that way.

If someone teaches me how to upload it, I will most likely upload my ui for mop. Doubting the 5.0.4 or whatever because ill be lazy and end up not update for the actual mop release. Im pretty lazy that way.
    I sent a quite simple guide to your PM box.

Deleted
    My hunters UI, changed a few things when I got told I get to play it as main in MoP.
    In LFR trying out BM, getting a feel for it for when the pre-patch hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the first couple; I'll be posting mine soon.

Juuust ElvUI and some stuff.

Last edited by Azortharion; 2012-09-04 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Juuust ElvUI and some stuff.

I notice you have buff names and durations in the middle of your screen. I can see some use for certain ones but I think you'd clean up a bit by not showing 'Well Fed" and the flask duration as it's already tucked away nicely in the upper right hand corner. Just a tiny suggestion.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    I notice you have buff names and durations in the middle of your screen. I can see some use for certain ones but I think you'd clean up a bit by not showing 'Well Fed" and the flask duration as it's already tucked away nicely in the upper right hand corner. Just a tiny suggestion.
    That's a good idea, thing is I often do ranking runs in LFR and such for fun (well, I used to), and losing either of these buffs would really suck, so I liked having it there.

I'll post an updated screenshot soonish, as I (finally) made ChronoBars work for the new patch.