Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    We don't "hate" our capitals. We just prefer our own cities over those junkie-filled rat's nests.

Hehe, no but seriously, I can't speak for everyone else, but personally I just don't like the dialect nor the general attitude of the "easterlings". I am well aware that they're not all bad people, but in my past dealings with them they've always been arrogant, unintelligent jerks that believe themselves to be entitled respect and awe from everyone else just because they were born and raised in/near the city with the most drug-addicts.

Again, just my opinion of the relatively few "easterlings" that I've met in my short life.
    Last edited by mmoc1119638637; 2011-12-24 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    @Jochon.

Ofcourse you're going to encounter a higher percentage drug-addicts in a major city than in the small community which you dwell in. I do not know what kind of people you have had your "dealings" with but MOST of the people in a scandinavian main city are educated enough to fill the criteria of "intelligent". And I do not think people in a scandinavian country believe themselves to be entitled respect and awe just because of their location they inhabit. This may be the case in some poorer countries but in Sweden for example everyone knows they have the same opportunities in life as the next person, so their location doesent give them any type of major benefit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dementum View Post
    Stockholm is completely immigrant free? Have you ever visited for example places like Norsborg, Hallunda, Fittja, Skärholmen, Rinkeby, Vårby gård, Flemingsberg, Tensta and also add in Södertälje which has been nicknamed "Little Baghdad"? Go to some of these places and you forget you're in Sweden sometimes. But yes, Malmös Rosengård is more immigrant packed.

To answer OP.. It is because they are bored up there. Yes. Also they have this idea that southern people are so full of themselves.
    That's suburbs. Not real sthlm

France is obviously not in Scandinavia and it doesn't go too much to hating but we dislike Paris too and especially the people from Paris. And too be honest their reputation is deserved, I live in Haute-Savoie and we all know that Parisians are some arrogant and very not nice people This is even more present here because of when they come to Haute-Savoie for skiing The only person I know from Paris was a guy that joined our class mid year, he was all like " I'm from the City you bunch of peasants, I'm superior". He ended without friends

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiram View Post
    Well i am from Denmark, i dont really hate the capital.
    But me and my friends (we live in jutland) always joke about Zealand ( the island where Copenhagen is) is a devil island because it it close to Sweden
    Lol this.
    OT: Also personally I have no hate or dislike for my capital

Every capital will be somewhat ''chaotic'' in certain aspects... i guess that's why some people hate it... and like i said, USUALLY , the biggest chunk of immigrants are located on the capital.

Deleted

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Every capital will be somewhat ''chaotic'' in certain aspects... i guess that's why some people hate it... and like i said, USUALLY , the biggest chunk of immigrants are located on the capital.
    The thing with Stockholm is that theres's few immigrants, it's the most innovative and most climate caring city in the world, the most beautiful city I have ever seen, no hores, almost no people living on street, etc. It's a fantastic city in every way and it's like 5x more populated than Helsinki and Oslo. You can swim inside the city and most important my wow server is there. I believe northern people are just jelous. They say that Stockholm ppl are gay, arrogant, unsocial, selfish etc. When my friends dad was randomly atked in Kiruna like 20 years ago he asked the locals why they hated him he said like "lol why do you hate me what have i done to you?" and they answered something like "you ppl think u know everything and have been everywhere" then he said like "i don't know a shit and except from 1week on Mallorca and 2 weeks in tunisia where one guy wanted to trade my mom for 3-4 camels i havnt been anywhere, Do you still Hate me?" they said like "ye ur mby ok then but we still hate the others" after a while one of them started to cry and said "i also wanted to do military service on i22 (some elite place outside Kiruna) but i was to fat and now im one of the chefs". One of the officers later said that even they was fighting alliances with Kiruna locals and samis every time they went into the city xD

Deleted
    People are just jelly. Higher prices, better quality (in general), more people, more stuff, fashion and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, Denmark if i'm not wrong, is considered ''the most racist'' Scandinavian country.
    Being from Denmark I find this easy to believe. But it's like that on both sides. Native Danes seem to hate immigrants a lot, and the immigrants seem to hate the native Danes just as much. I've often been told by immigrants that I'm the only Dane who has ever wanted to get to know them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like Oslo because it doesn't feel like Norway anymore, its also a damn cesspool for criminal asylum searchers whom the government still wont throw out.
    Quote from Homeland: "I'll make sure no European country will have you, not even all forgiving Scandinavia." <- There is so much truth in that statement.

Deleted
    Real reason is... dum dum duu...
    Because racism starts from hating people who live on other side of the hill.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is this?
    I've never met anyone who actually hates the city, just SOME of the people living there.
    It may have something to do with your own attitude, what do I know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    Apparently, I got the idea it has something to do with public transport. Another reason is the way people speak, at least here in Finland.
    It also seems to be a stereotype that people in Helsinki are dumb. I can somewhat confirm this.
    You can confirm that we are stupid here in Helsinki? Nice generalization dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Our dislike of our Helsinki residents is reactive, it's invoked by them being dicks themselves.
    Not every1 here is dick. I agree that we (not all) look down to u, but it doesn't mean that you should be dick when u meet some1 from Helsinki just cos he/she's from Helsinki. I personally know no1 who dislikes ppl from countryside just because of where they're from.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    What is this?
    I've never met anyone who actually hates the city, just SOME of the people living there.
    It may have something to do with your own attitude, what do I know?
    this dude has a point
    Last edited by mmoce3e7da83dc; 2011-12-24 at 11:51 PM.

I originate from a small city up north in Norway, but moved to downtown Oslo in my childhood. I went to schools with high immigrant rates, and guess what? It was no fucking problem at all. I love my city although some people in this thread seem to think it's some kind of modern age Gomorrah. The "DEY TOOK UR JOBS /CLOSE THE BORDERS" - mentality is just pathetic when living in a country with an unemployment rate of 3.3%, and with crime rates on it's lowest since the mid 90's.

Also, prejudice amongst different parts of a country exists, and will always exist. But the hate and violence part is very, very uncommon from my experiences.

However, we who do not live in and around Helsinki do kind of dislike the people who do live there, mainly because they act as if though they live in a "big city" and look down upon the rest of us, even though that "big city" of theirs is laughably small.

Our dislike of our Helsinki residents is reactive, it's invoked by them being dicks themselves.
    This^

I didn't know there were similarities to the other Nordic countries but here it's in a nutshell for Finland. Some people from Helsinki act as if they were better than anyone from elsewhere, they even joke about "Finland ending to the border of the city", obviously this isn't taken well by the rest of the country.

Deleted
    Dont hate it. Love to talk shit about it though. I've met loads of friends form Stockholm and they are great people. Then there are the idiots that act bigger then they are just because they come from the capital. And to be honest, Stockholm aint a city in my taste. I can take a few hours in it or maybe a couple of days. But thats enough. Then I want out of there. Dont see whats so special about that city. I'd rather live in a small town then in Stockholm.

Though I love Gothenburg. And Oslo(love love love..... love)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    I guess its becos people think people from the city is/act diffrently then people in the countryside.
    Which they do.
    Generalization isn't completely without truth, but rather from exhaggeration from A truth.

There's prejudice and generalization about every region in Sweden, and between every city in the community, and between different parts of the areas in a community. And so on.

The animosity between the samé and Stockholm is because of how the samé are treated and how people in Stockholm sit and dictate to them how to live and where.

I can't speak for Sweden. I myself like Stockholm very much. However, for me, it is understandable why people would dislike Oslo very much. It is the seat of their government.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that I *hate* Oslo, it's more of a "Why the hell do you spend the majority of our money when only 1/5th of us live there?".

And they are culturally different than my area, which is on the westernmost coast of Norway. Not just the immigrants, but even ethnic Oslo-peeps are noticeably different.

And Bergen has a better accent anyway
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finland isn't a part of Scandinavia. It's a part of the Nordic countries, yes, but not a part of Scandinavia.

However, we who do not live in and around Helsinki do kind of dislike the people who do live there, mainly because they act as if though they live in a "big city" and look down upon the rest of us, even though that "big city" of theirs is laughably small.

It's not part of geological Scandinavia, but it's part of the cultural Scandinavia.