Deleted

Recommended AMD Drivers for SW:TOR

Hello there i just recently upgraded my GPU and went for an AMD one instead of an Nvidia. I am using the 11.11 drivers form 13th of December but keep getting BSOD which is caused by my driver crashing. Can anyone point me in the direction of a more stable driver? The blue screens and the stupid micro stutter are ruining the experience for me after i had so much fun playing the beta. I have got no issues at all in any other games just SW:TOR.
    Last edited by mmoc436a444510; 2011-12-24 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    The AMD site has 11.12 or you can get the 21.1 preview drivers here: http://downloads.guru3d.com/AMD-Cata...load-2826.html

Neither make SW play perfectly since neither are meant purely for it, though the official 12.1 release could see some updates for SWToR.

I've been using 11.11 since early access and have not had any problems with the game. got 11.12 today and still no problems.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you have done a clean installation of the video card drivers and have removed every instance of your NVIDIA driver.

Before proceeding, please make a System Restore Point using Windows System Restore [Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore] and download and install the following:

CCleaner (Not compulsory, but highly recommended)
    Driver Cleaner Professional

Also make sure to have .NET 2.0 at a minimum installed if using Catalyst Control Center.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Removing old drivers

STEP 1. Navigate to Add/Remove Programs [Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs] and uninstall the ATI Catalyst driver components in the following order. Don't reboot before I tell you to!

1) Catalyst Control Center / Ray Adams ATI Tray Tools
    2) ATI Display Driver
    3) ATI - Software Uninstall Utility

STEP 2. Reboot your PC and go into Safe Mode when your PC is rebooting, by tapping F8 during the black screen with ~4 or 5 lines of text which comes before the Windows loading screen, and then selecting 'Safe Mode' as the startup type, and 'Windows XP' as the Operating System.

STEP 3. Log on to an administrator account (doesn't matter which one, but I'd suggest you use your own), and once at your desktop, start Driver Cleaner Professional. In the 'Cleaning Selection', tick 'Select multiple cleaning filters' and choose everything starting with "ATI". Then press the "Start" button, and after the program is done cleaning, close it.

STEP 4. Start CCleaner and go to the 'Issues' section. Tick all of the filters, and run the scanner, remembering to create a registry backup when it automatically prompts you to! Run the scanner again as many times as needed until nothing shows up at the screen, creating a registry backup each time. Alternatively, you can use another registry cleaning program if you don't find CCleaner appealing.

Step 5. Reboot and install your new driver in normal mode as you usually would.
    Source

Deleted
    Used 11.11 during the beta, had no major issues, using 11.12 since early release and still no major issues. At any rate, it won't be a driver problem.