Thread: Courting Mako

Deleted

Courting Mako

Hi All,
    I was wondering if some kind person could answer a simple question please?
    At what point in the affection scale does mako start to accept courting gifts please?

Deleted
    4000/10000 I think it was.

Quote Originally Posted by IamNot View Post
    Hi All,
    At what point in the affection scale does mako start to accept courting gifts please?
    I am currently at 4600/10000 and courting gifts do not raise her affection.

someone over on the swtor forums thought that it was event triggered, not affection. like actually having romance quests pop up or involving having kissed her. this is not true for other classes where just being opposite gender makes them work.

From what I have seen, you need to actually be courting companions for them to accept courting gifts. Meaning like Neptuno said, it is event triggered, and if you don't space bar through comp conversations, you should know when that starts to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    From what I have seen, you need to actually be courting companions for them to accept courting gifts. Meaning like Neptuno said, it is event triggered, and if you don't space bar through comp conversations, you should know when that starts to happen.
    Usually you'll get an option during one of the conversations to flirt. Pick that option and your companion should accept courting gifts.

its not based on affection...i am 10000/10000 and i have had some flirt options..but romance doesnt begin until you have completed a certain quest that you get from mako

When it comes to courting, you need to reach the proper "romance" conversation and that depends on two things - how much affection that character has towards you and what stage you are at on your class quest. For example, Mako may not consider you a romantic partner until you get her 4000 affection and get to Taris (as a hypothetical example) and then you have a conversation where you indicate your interest. Then she is ready to be courted.

With respect to gifts, especially courting gifts, you need to make sure that you have the appropriate level gift and that the courtship is on. I'm going to use the table here as an example. If you are giving level 1 courting gifts to Mako and she is on 4600 affection, that will raise her affection level by 19. If she had over 6000 affection, her affection rating wouldn't increase, but she would accept the gift.

It is very hard to work out when someone is courtable. I carry around some low level courting items that I give to my companions after a romantic conversation to determine when they are courtable as a test. So if Mako started showing signs of interest in a conversation, try a courting gift to see if she is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by IamNot View Post
    Hi All,
    You must be courting her. (Received the option for Flirting, and taken it.)

You can't start courting her until *after* certain point in the Class Quests. Its not related to levels, its related to chapters.

Once you reached that certain point in the class quests, AND you have the appropriate affection level, AND you've done the companion quests with the flirting options, then you can give her Courting gifts.

(It takes a long time, relative to other classes. This is not helped by the fact that there are two places in Mako's companion quests where you have to kill mobs of a certain level to advance. You'll know these if you get them ahead of time, you will fight something, get your ass kicked, and then look at the Quest level and realize you are 10 levels below the quest)

In addition to what has been said already, pump her with Technology gifts, she loves them.
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------