Thread: Quick Question!

10+ Year Old Account

Quick Question!

Heya guys. Informed sources are telling me I have a copy of TOR sitting under the tree. Now, I'm wondering, does the game come with a free one-month trial?

What I have heard so far is that you get a month if you set up a subscription... Will they charge me immediately? I only have a couple dollars floating around on my card and I can't afford a time card. I really don't want to waste another $15-$30 if I find out I don't like the game.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    they charge you after the 30days...so you should be able to enjoy the game.

Have fun.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

As far as I have heard, they do not charge you immediately but only when the free month is up

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot. Fantastic! Now I've just got to wait for my uncle to fall asleep so I can swipe the registration key out of it >.>. He falls in and out of consciousness all day, so it shouldn't take long >

But... Christmas is tomorrow
    Can you really not wait a few hours? O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Easily. It's just fun to exaggerate and to plan to do mean stuff in my head . I won't, actually-- I'm a colossal puss about stuff like this.

Deleted
    Christmas is today... silly Americans...
    Last edited by mmoceb2038953a; 2011-12-24 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    Christmas is today... dumb Americans...
    I'm in England but thanks for trying
    It obviously isn't Christmas where he lives either or he wouldn't have to sneak past someone to get it so your comment is a bit pointless

Timezones, how do they work?

Deleted
    I'm in England but thanks for trying
    It obviously isn't Christmas where he lives either or he wouldn't have to sneak past someone to get it so your comment is a bit pointless
    The feeling when your sarcasm is so advanced that people think you're stupid...

OP is from the States though.

Was the free month of game time only for pre-orders though? I thought I saw it as part of the pre-order perks on Origin when I bought back in August.

What are timezones? Not such an easy question to answer.

Time zones are used to match local clock times ( say like for the sun rising and setting etc) with other nearby regions and a central time location In Greenwich London. The timezones are roughly longitudinal groupings of areas of the earth's surface that have roughly matching local daylight events.

All time is measured from the Greenwich Observatory in London which has a longitude of zero degrees. Now because the earth spins west to east, those time zones that are east of Greenwich will have already been past Greenwich in terms of local timing issues like sunrise etc, these zones will have their local clock in advance of GMT...in other words time is added to the GMT to get the local time..example...ignoring daylight saving adjustments, Sydney Aust. is about 150E longitude and is 10 hours in front of GMT ....In London it is Midnight GMT and in Sydney it is 10.00 am in the morning.. Los Angeles is west of London and has a -ve modifier to the GMT so that local time is 9 hours behind GMT...therefore it is Midnight in London bit it is 3pm the previous afternoon in LA.

There is a line (sort of straightish) east of New Zealand which is the International Date Line which is determined as 12hrs ahead of GMT AND 12 hrs behind GMT. It limits the time adjustment to GMT to a maximum of +12hrs to -12 hrs.

Now I bet that has confused everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    The feeling when your sarcasm is so advanced that people think you're stupid...

OP is from the States though.
    But it's not Christmas yet there either