10+ Year Old Account

AMD drivers won't install :(

Hello.

I saw that my drivers were from february this year, so I decided to download the newest drivers, I downloaded and ran the drivers, it told me it couldn't install due to inaproppriate hardware on the computer, that was weird, so I decided to run the auto detect thing from AMD's site, it gave the same result.

Now I've tried to download it off Sony's website which had some from february, it said it installed all the drivers but it didn't show any amd drivers under display from DXDIAG.
    http://i.imgur.com/C93jn.png

I've googled the error it gave me from when I installed off from AMD's website and it told me to uninstall the old drivers from Device Management, did that, restarted and tried again, same error.

Now I'm stuck with 800x600 on my Vaio, my boyfriend did warn me against Vaio laptops but yeah

He's been trying to fix the laptop for about 2 hours now, no luck. Was wondering if anybody could help.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sony Vaio laptops have to use the video drivers supplied from them.

Otherwise try this:
    1- go to google, and search for driver cleaner pro (download and install but do not run)

2- Keep the latest ATI drivers on your desktop aswell

3- Make sure you have all the windows update (specially the .NET framework). Install it if you dont

5- Uninstall your current drivers like u did before

6- reboot into safemode without any other application

7- run driver cleaner pro and select ati and click run to remove all ati related files

8- reboot into normal mode

9- install or try to install the new ati drivers

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi cul, I've tried all of what you said, it says the drivers are installed but there is no CCC on my desktop and it still shows the same on dxdiag.

I realized there wasn't any AMD display drivers when I took a look at custom installation.

http://i.imgur.com/Goudb.png

I appreciate your support Cul =)