Do you think they will take the soloing away from dk's in MoP

Im thinking about leveling up my dk because I'm really enjoying soloing old content and it's getting boring on my hunter. my luck by the time I get him where I want him they will get rid of the dk's self healing. Has blizzard said anything about what their plans are for dk's in mop?

From what I know from reading the blue post, no nothing is going to change for DK's as far as the Starting Zone. Of course the Talents are being revamped for all classes come MoP. I wouldn't worry to much about any major changes to DK starting zone. I mean you start at lv 55 and about time you leave the zone you will be kicking it around in Outlands until lv 68. Then you will kick in around Northerend until lv 79-80, then what, you level through Cata content until lv 85. Then onward to the back of a giant turtle to quest through MoP content until lv 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    they havent really said much but i dont forsee them taking away the key mechanic of DK tanking so you should be fine

Deleted
    The reason DKs are so good a soloing is pert of what differenciates them from other classes. Even if we do take a major hit to self healing, which is unlikely, we'll still be a plate-wearing tanking class, meaning we can solo pretty much anything.

Yup dks r pretty much the best soloers of old content... they have awesome healing and shields that make them near unkillable... ontop of ams and crazy mitigation
    If you are looking for other classes, hunters and druids do pretty well as hunters can use their pets to tank and feral druids have decent mitigation and hots/bleeds.
    Don't know how much they are planning to change with the dks in Mop.. but I do not think you guys will hurt too much as your solo tree will always be blood.

Sadly, for ferals our hybrid cat bear is no more in Mop. We have to choose guardian or cat :[

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    Sadly, for ferals our hybrid cat bear is no more in Mop. We have to choose guardian or cat :[
    All classes are geting gutted like that, but that change is just so wrong.

As far as current class changes are, DKs' soloing capabilites will still be about as good as they are today. But since they are downscaling health and damage on everything, soloing might become (relatively) harder.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    If the item level squish occurs, DEFINITELY.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    If the item level squish occurs, DEFINITELY.
    Yeah and it scares me how many people keep trying to compare the squish and say it'll mean everything is the same. It's not. The reason we can solo old content is because we can take, deal, heal up from, and avoid the damage of 10+ players in the old content with our current gear/health/damage.

Item squish shouldn't keep us from soloing old level content.
    All tanks will have a mechanic like ours in the next expansion so expect some very interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooper1 View Post
    Then onward to the back of a giant turtle to quest through MoP content until lv 90.
    wrong, only the Pandaren starts on a giant turtle, the rest well off yah go to the ships(as far as we know).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sobegreen View Post
    Item squish shouldn't keep us from soloing old level content.
    All tanks will have a mechanic like ours in the next expansion so expect some very interesting stuff.
    Sure it will, unless they introduce mechanics to allow solo'ing. Think about it. Like I've said in other posts, the only reason at level 85 that I can return to an 80 heroic or a level 70 (sometimes 80), raid, is that my total health, damage, and self-healing is equal to a comparable raid size of that time. I do 20k dps, single target right now. Old 80 heroics had people doing 2 - 4k dps, so that's on par with 3 dps easily. Level 70? 1k - so I'm doing the damage of 20 people of that time. If the squish happens, suddenly my gear at 85 won't be much more powerful than the gear of a level 70; I won't be scaled so high that I can do that insane amount of damage relative to the health of the boss.

Deleted
    No one can tell. If item squishing make it through, there's a high chance there'll be a lot of content we won't be able to solo anymore.

Deleted
    They are going to scale old bosses too, if they implement it. It's pretty straightforward...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    Yup dks r pretty much the best soloers of old content... they have awesome healing and shields that make them near unkillable... ontop of ams and crazy mitigation
    If you are looking for other classes, hunters and druids do pretty well as hunters can use their pets to tank and feral druids have decent mitigation and hots/bleeds.
    Don't know how much they are planning to change with the dks in Mop.. but I do not think you guys will hurt too much as your solo tree will always be blood.

Paladins are pretty good too, and having a cleanse is always nice.

Also: bubble

---------- Post added 2011-12-26 at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eolon View Post
    They are going to scale old bosses too, if they implement it. It's pretty straightforward...
    Unless it's by a flat percent, it won't matter. I'm pretty sure since the current items are going up exponentially, that it'll be harder to kill old bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    If anything they are giving them more survivability so you can solo more content.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to take it away now.

Warriors could solo things pre-Cata self-healing nerf that other tank classes could. The self-healing nerf barely effected the other classes.

A Blood DK in heroic DS gear with at least one heroic Souldrinker will be nigh-unkillable unless they do something about it. Same goes for one in full arena w/ stam gems and a heroic Souldrinker.

Bear form self healing is also f'ing ridiculous, especially in PvP.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    When I first heard about the squish, it sounded more like "Everything" was being squished. Not only our gear (and thus the stats we possess currently) but bosses, instances and what not would be scaled down too. If that is the case, and the DK mechanics stay the same... to me it would seem that soloing old world content wouldn't be an issue. However, if only the players are squished and the rest of the world remains the same, you are definitely in the right. It would be much much much more difficult to solo anything.
    Yes Boss HP and damage is being squished as well, but not as much as what your level 85 characters will feel.

Brown = Vanilla
    Green = TBC
    Blue = Wrath
    Red = Cata

The faded portion is the numbers as they currently sit.

Molten Core is currently soloable by just about any class, post level 80. This is because at level at your damage and HP vastly over gears the instance.

Molten Core gear is around item level 65 (75 for Ragnaros)
    Level 80 gear, typically the gear which allowed most classes to solo MC, is 264. ICC 25 man gear has almost 10 times the stat budget of Molten Core gear, plus there is the extra damage and HP you have for being 60 levels higher than someone who raided MC at level.

What the Squish does, is brings down the item level and stat budget of the later content stuff.

Look at the tip of the brown portion. The faded bit of the brown portion is what AQ 40 and Naxx brought your item level to. The tip of the non faded part is what AQ 40 gear will bring your item level to after the squish (should it go through).

AQ gear Before Squish: 75
    AQ gear After Squish: 65 (ish)

It barely changes much in terms of item level, and the same is applied to boss HP.

Now lets look at the blue portion. Current ICC stuff is between item level 251-284. Now look at the non faded blue line.
    ICC gear Before Squish: 264 (25 man non heroic)
    ICC gear After Squish: 85 (ish)

It got rather reduced.

Now lets look at the red portion. Current DS stuff is between item level 384-410 Now look at the non faded red line.
    DS gear Before Squish: 397 (25 man non heroic)
    DS gear After Squish: 175 (ish)

It got rather reduced.

With the new amendments to the graph, DS gear is only twice as good as AQ gear, instead of the current 18 times it now.
    As you can see, the DS gear dropped quite a bit due to the item squish. Where as the AQ gear after the squish only dropped a few points.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-12-27 at 12:56 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.