Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    It won't be even close to what arcanes with DTR can do having Incanter's Absorption stacked to ridiculous amounts (I guess you can have guaranteed extra ~10k spell power from that talent alone on that fight) and gem/AP/Moonwell chalice burst.
    Did some calculations on my own char and with Power Torrent, Volcanic pot, Synapse Springs and Mana Gem all used at an optimal time to get the highest possible SP with staggered mage ward and mana shield, I could only achieve 6952 additional SP from IA.
    I find it hard to believe that a close to BiS mage would gain and additional 3k SP out of the talent, so please refer to where you got those numbers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argg0 View Post
    Is MM burst really that bad that nearly no one mentions it?
    Regarding MM hunter, I've had more success running as Crit/Mastery SV. About 300k more damage each round. It can be tricky but you can get 2 LnL procs. Talking about my 403 ilvl hunter.

Nowhere near rogue/mage level anyway for that matter but still better than some.

OK so this is my first post on this site, but as to top specs/classes on spine I think feral cats are up their, granted we may not have our berserk off CD every time the tendon is up, if you work your CDs correctly and make sure you refresh savage roar right before the tendon is up, all you have to do is apply your rip, and then start using FB, their after if you have at least your 2pc T13,

But me personally i start off the 3 tendon phases by getting my savage roar up right before the tendon becomes target able, I will use berserk on the first tendon, apply my FF then go into it with a mangle, and rake to get my 2 bleeds rolling finish it up with shred to get my 5 combo pts and apply my rip, at this time the tendon should be getting fairly close to 60% ish if everyone else in the grp is bursting, and at this point is when im getting my 5 combo pts and doing FB. and of course using TF when berserk falls off.

for the second phase once again i make sure to refresh my SR right before the tendon comes out, and go through the same rotation as before without the berserk instead this time after i get my rip up, im using TF with a pot of tol'vir and then using berserk.

and the 3rd tendon is the same as the first tendon.

im averaging between 1.3 mil - 1.8 mil dmg done to tendons on each tendon,

Quote Originally Posted by ihatehealing View Post
    OK so this is my first post on this site, but as to top specs/classes on spine I think feral cats are up their, granted we may not have our berserk off CD every time the tendon is up, if you work your CDs correctly and make sure you refresh savage roar right before the tendon is up, all you have to do is apply your rip, and then start using FB, their after if you have at least your 2pc T13,

But me personally i start off the 3 tendon phases by getting my savage roar up right before the tendon becomes target able, I will use berserk on the first tendon, apply my FF then go into it with a mangle, and rake to get my 2 bleeds rolling finish it up with shred to get my 5 combo pts and apply my rip, at this time the tendon should be getting fairly close to 60% ish if everyone else in the grp is bursting, and at this point is when im getting my 5 combo pts and doing FB. and of course using TF when berserk falls off.

for the second phase once again i make sure to refresh my SR right before the tendon comes out, and go through the same rotation as before without the berserk instead this time after i get my rip up, im using TF with a pot of tol'vir and then using berserk.

and the 3rd tendon is the same as the first tendon.

im averaging between 1.3 mil - 1.8 mil dmg done to tendons on each tendon,
    This thread is about heroic spine. Normal spine is too easy to even talk about it, I barely see any difference with LFR version of it
    Also its quite possible to do 1.8m damage on heroic spine as feral I doubt that you ever did
    "and of course using TF when berserk falls off." - this is impossible for heroic version. You have just 23 seconds. So no additional tf and no additional !ravage, sorry.

One of the interesting techniques would be to use feral charge on one of the tentacles right before burst phase to get additional !ravage and guaranteed 2 combopoints at start.
    Last edited by traen; 2011-12-29 at 07:39 AM.

it wont matter pretty soonish what class you take as all will be able to perform well now that a load of guilds have killed dw on heroic....and you know what that means..incoming nerfs to raids!!! oh and they will prob nerf the legendary daggers somewhat now the top 10 guilds have prob managed to grab about 5 or 6 each like before.

ok well then I apologize i should of read closer i thought it was in general reference, and no i haven't done heroic spine due to alot of replacing in the core team during the holidays...

but i never thought about the the feral charge and using ravage, so i guess besides the fact that you really didnt have to be a dick with the way you posted your reply to me, i thank you for bringing up that good tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Tnep View Post
    This isn't quite true. Warriors are too RNG with rage generation and damage to be completely effective; if you have good RNG with rage, then yes, you can be one of those 1.2m classes per break, but it doesn't happen often. Rets can easily get a 2/3 holy power inq. to be very good against tendons. Fire mages, sub rogues, rets, arcane mages, in order of best to really good. Arcane mages are doubly good on the fight as well, because they have the quick damage to get corruptions during grips.

I go into breaks with full rage, reck, and death wish, and end up doing very good at first, then fall towards the last 5-10 seconds because I become rage starved. Even when attempting to pool rage and not using HS after 2pc is down, sometimes I can barely get enough for a bloodthirst. I've come out of 4 breaks and doing 4m+ damage, thus keeping up with the better classes, but this doesn't happen often. As much as I would like that to happen every time, it just doesn't.
    (this is from heroic spine PoV)

Fire Mage
    Sub Rogue
    Ret Paladin
    Arcane Mage
    Fire? You need some really good RNG for Fire to be good on those tendons since you only have 23 seconds. Why go Fire when there's only like 1-2 specs in the game that can keep up with Arcane Mage burst.

---------- Post added 2011-12-29 at 11:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ciaro View Post
    Did some calculations on my own char and with Power Torrent, Volcanic pot, Synapse Springs and Mana Gem all used at an optimal time to get the highest possible SP with staggered mage ward and mana shield, I could only achieve 6952 additional SP from IA.
    I find it hard to believe that a close to BiS mage would gain and additional 3k SP out of the talent, so please refer to where you got those numbers
    My mage has 10k spell power self buffed without stacking my int trinket. Around 11k spellpower with spine trink stacked.

edit- sorry misread extra spell power :x yeah an additional 10k spell power isnt possible at 85. the highest ive seen is like 15k with every buff and incanters stacked pretty high.
    Last edited by mnzahra; 2011-12-29 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    nevermind -_-

Typed about normal mode xD
    Last edited by mmoc7b61e2a4ca; 2011-12-29 at 12:16 PM.

Deleted
    Some have mentioned, in pure speculation, that Spriests shoud be going with 2xt12-2xt13 for burst. Don't..
    T13x4 - Valor trinket + Spine or Rag or Cunning - Wings - Synaps springs - Mastery forged - Target and excecute macros and after each Tendon Burn SWP-VT and MF spamm on the big add, to crit back your Shadowfiend will give more then enough dmg to justify spriests a spot on spine.

Quote Originally Posted by calibro View Post
    More like 1.5 minute cds.
    Mages (arcane)>Rogues (subtlety/combat)>SP (4t13)>Warrior (fury/arms)>Ret pala>Feral Druid cat>Demonology lock>...
    Not useful at all: boomkins, affliction/destruction warlock, hunters, death knights.

Maybe unholy. Frost has 20% str on a 1 min cd, and if you want, get the FL trinket for another 1200 str (before PoF increase) for 15 seconds. Frost has zero ramp up time, outbreak, then hit Obliterate crits :P Plus we have decent survivability with a 45 sec magic reduction CD.

Unholy though, much worse for this fight in general.

what about demo locks? they do have demon form and demon soul on a 2min CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    The notion that pets cannot reach burning tendons seems to be false. Although burning tendons is listed twice so I'm not entirely sure.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=19717&e=20171
    (Click on damage by actor)
    Last edited by Logbc; 2011-12-30 at 09:15 PM.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

Seems vodka has a parse on WoL.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13105&e=13875

No questions about mages and rogues being god here. I guessed the OP wants to hear about other classes and I advocated SPs.

As I speculated :
    Mind Spiking SP's have been used.
    Shadowfiends do a decent amount of damage on tendons.
    If you add pet damage, SP's have about the same damage as the top Ret.

Using t12 is a useless idea, I assume the pet is up for every tendon either way.
    (Haven't checked other guilds)

I'd think mastery stacking Fury warriors with a Heroic Aparatus and whatever that trinket from the new 5 mans are to get 60%+ damage increase Deathwishes could be up there.

Quote Originally Posted by mnzahra View Post
    Fire? You need some really good RNG for Fire to be good on those tendons since you only have 23 seconds. Why go Fire when there's only like 1-2 specs in the game that can keep up with Arcane Mage burst.[COLOR="red"]
    Because combustion.