10+ Year Old Account

PvP servers are disappointing.

I'm 41 and I have yet to run into someone of the opposite faction anywhere in SWTOR outside of Warzones. What's the point of playing on a PvP server if we never encounter anyone from the other faction in the open world. (Illum not included, because it's PvP designed zone)
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time, factions level in different areas, even if they're on the same world. If you want to do world pvp that bad, run to one of the other faction's main hubs.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had at least 6 or 7 encounters with Republic (I'm Imperial) on a few different planets. They separate the quest hubs somewhat so that it's not constant ganking, which is annoying. If you want world pvp, seek it out. If you stick to JUST your quest areas, you can't expect to be pvping all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's because I play Empire in a server where Empire outnumber Republic by at least 3:1.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had some big battles in Tatooine(Dune Sea) when I leveled there same goes for Taris, Hoth etc.
    Guess you're just unlucky. But then, there is a difference between looking for people to gank and waiting for people to gank you.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

10+ Year Old Account
    ive killed about 6 republic people, and im only level 31. maybe you leveled too fast? as in, everyone in your level range sticks too much to questing to do pvp?
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

It certainly feels like there is a sizable empire advantage numberswise as well.

My republic friends say they never have problems finding empire to fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mypally View Post
    ive killed about 6 republic people, and im only level 31. maybe you leveled too fast? as in, everyone in your level range sticks too much to questing to do pvp?
    Also, this.

Alot of people are leveling slower, and the majority of people 40+ (your level or higher) are not looking for PvP, they're looking for FAST leveling. The rest of us are taking it easy, enjoying the scenery, and I've found the faster I level the less people I see.

At one point, one of my friends was (I believe) around 44 and the new planet that he went to had all of three people on it, simply because he was out-leveling eveyrone else (or 90% of people) by 10-20 levels. The pace will pick up more after Christmas, not only because more people are getting the game, but also because less people will be traveling or with their families, and they will catch up to you, although probably not before you hit 50. Level another toon after that, I bet you get some pvp action.

I dunno on what server you guys play on but my server is filled with world PvP. Specially tatooine and alderaan.

maybe cause your 41,
    was level 30 seen republic all around alderaan and tatooine

From what I read open world pvp really is being focused on lvl 50 in areas like illum..

I don't mind that much anyway.. high level character ganking lowbies imo is always a bad taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetrash View Post
    maybe cause your 41,
    was level 30 seen republic all around alderaan and tatooine

Being 41 means I've been 30 before, and have done all those planets...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Maybe it's because I play Empire in a server where Empire outnumber Republic by at least 3:1.
    This ^ exactly.

the vast majority of people that I have asked have rolled empire side thus making allot of the servers have vastly more empire players the republic which in turn makes PvP servers very unbalanced numbers wise.

I suppose you could reroll republic if you want more random PvP encounters but be prepared to get ganked very often by overwhelming odds if you do. At least until servers are a bit more balanced.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Right but when you were 31, they were 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been killed several times and killed several Emps. What I dislike is getting out of a phased area and walking into the arms of a Sith party.

I saw some pvp on Tatooine, but it was really too big of an area to expect more. I am seeing more pvp on Alderaan, but still no where near STV in the good old days of WoW. I think that having a zone like STV is crucial to world pvp. My only guess is that Emp and Rep bases are just too localized around the needed quests. Also, there really do not seem to be many quests that both sides have.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    give it a few weeks for less dedicated players to catch up and youll have tonnes of world pvp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I'm 41 and I have yet to run into someone of the opposite faction anywhere in SWTOR outside of Warzones. What's the point of playing on a PvP server if we never encounter anyone from the other faction in the open world. (Illum not included, because it's PvP designed zone)
    They've added sharding to the game to make people avoid ganking and pvp if they want to in their zones, you should not really bother too much with the pvp just enjoy the questing.