Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    You really think so? I find it to be one of the very few UIs I actually like.
    I am pretty specific about how I want my UI to look. The UI in GW2 reminds a me a bit of the ugly UI they had in GW1 beta before they changed it- everything sorta smushed together. Have no idea why they always go back to their terrible design well at Anet. I sent in so much feedback when we were testing GW1 on the UI. Thankfully, they changed it. Hope they change the GW2 UI or at least allow full customization. :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am pretty specific about how I want my UI to look. The UI in GW2 reminds a me a bit of the ugly UI they had in GW1 beta before they changed it- everything sorta smushed together. Have no idea why they always go back to their terrible design well at Anet. I sent in so much feedback when we were testing GW1 on the UI. Thankfully, they changed it. Hope they change the GW2 UI or at least allow full customization. :3
    Being curious here, what would you like to change in the UI?

The only thing I would want is a scale option, to either make it bigger, or smaller. Smaller in my taste. Otherwise, I think it looks cool, and it feels 'home' if you know what I mean :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike that I'm not in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad hat man View Post
    Being curious here, what would you like to change in the UI?
    Health globe, map, tracker thingy, chat tabs, skill bar as a single row, buff placement, buff icons and system tab.

The back pack is fine but I don't like breakout or having the breakouts in that spot. Also if I could make it vertical and less squat that'd be great.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2011-12-25 at 01:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Health globe, map, tracker thingy, chat tabs, skill bar as a single row, buff placement, buff icons and system tab.

The back pack is fine but I don't like breakout or having the breakouts in that spot. Also if I could make it vertical and less squat that'd be great.
    Personally its a UI that I actually like the look of as the original but hey everyone thinks differently but hopefully they should at least allow addons to change the UI.

Also to those saying they dislike fast travel. You do realize you don't have to use it right? first off you need to discover waypoints but after that you never have to see one again unless you die and infact you will discover more DE's than if you fast traveled anywhere so really the only time you would have to use fast travel is when you die/going to a dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    No mounts and the short day/night cycles are my only gripes, can't really find anything else I dislike other than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would mounts not be something you can buy with their Micro Transactions? Or are there no mounts what so ever? Im not fussed i just assumed it would be a cosmetic thing if anything, and therefore a M.T

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Would mounts not be something you can buy with their Micro Transactions? Or are there no mounts what so ever? Im not fussed i just assumed it would be a cosmetic thing if anything, and therefore a M.T
    There are no mounts at all 1 or 2 things similar to WoW's vehicles(Asura battle golem don't know what else there is am sure Mif will bring up a 156 page interview on all the type of things you can get into from his seemingly endless supply of GW2 knowledge) but nothing that is anything like WoW's mounts.
    You probably didn't see it but there was a thread on mounts in Gw2 and it just went in circles so I dread the thought that this brings that up again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    ATM there are absolutely 0 mounts, however they said try may add them for cosmetic purposes
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

My biggest worry is not being able to customize key bindings.

No freaken way my fingers are reaching numbers 6-10 without looking at my keyboard and returning them to my original position without screwing up on a dime.

I'm lucky I can do 1-5 XD
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

No freaken way my fingers are reaching numbers 6-10 without looking at my keyboard and returning them to my original position without screwing up on a dime.

I got pretty big hands and long fingers, so I can reach 8 without too much moving, derp. But the keyboard size matters too :P

However, they allowed key customization in Guild Wars 1, I see no reason not too let you do it in Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad hat man View Post
    I got pretty big hands and long fingers, so I can reach 8 without too much moving, derp. But the keyboard size matters too :P

However, they allowed key customization in Guild Wars 1, I see no reason not too let you do it in Guild Wars 2.
    Last we heard about it, its something they can do but its not on the priority atm.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted

Yay or sleeping problems >.< but they do allow key bindings you just don't see it much on the demos because why waste time rebiding when you only got 40mins to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    No mounts and the short day/night cycles are my only gripes, can't really find anything else I dislike other than that.
    hmm on the topic on mounts maybe there will be vehicles( animals) we can get around in the zone with, if they bring back something else from guildwars it better be

At the beginning of one of the G-Star 2011 PvP matches it shows one of the devs changing his key binds. I don't think they wouldn't implement it if they wanted it to become an e-sport... not too many pros would enjoy clicking 6-0.. or clicking at all.

No one who plays seriously would want to use 100% default binds in an MMO.

Shudder @ baddies walking backwards with the S key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladuin View Post
    hmm on the topic on mounts maybe there will be vehicles( animals) we can get around in the zone with, if they bring back something else from guildwars it better be

That would be cool, but they'd obviously be limited to open field areas, which is meh.

Skelington is a bit worried at how the community will turn out. Warcraft's was rather... 'good' for a time... but that collapsed into some sort of subterranean depth below Tartarus.
    Things like:
    Shudder @ baddies walking backwards with the S key.
    Things like that disappoint Skelington.

I dunno, man, Backpeddlers get chewed up pretty quickly. Might as well just stand in the fire if you are backing out of it.... slowly. So much bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    What I like?

It's not out yet..

What I dislike?

It's not out yet.
    Fixed it for ya
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand