Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'll probably regret this, given the community here, but here goes anyways.

Since when can someone NOT give generalizations about their gender/race/religion/etc.? I'm a guy and I can accurately gauge how the MAJORITY of men (read >50%) will react/feel/think about a situation. Since when can a woman not do the same thing? I don't know this chick, so don't think I'm here to protect my sister from the masses or some junk, but basically everyone in this thread is jumping on the bandwagon of one nutjob that tears this girl down. Had she NOT said she was female, everyone would have assumed she was a man because "women don't play MMO's, they belong in the kitchen". So she puts that out there to give a female perspective on the game and all of a sudden she's an attention-whore.

Seriously, most of you 14-year-olds need a swift punch in the jaw, a good choke, or a wrench to the ass to learn just some human fucking decency. Is it that fucking hard to disagree or have an opinion without being condescending pricks?

One day it will make sense, when you're all grown up. Hopefully that actually happens.

-Judge

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Yeah tbh, I haven't really met a guy who doesn't inherently want to take something a part and put it back together lol.
    I'm generally only good at taking stuff apart. Whenever I put anything I end up with a fidgety left over part "wonder where that goes..."

But do I still count?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaljaen View Post

This thread is basically ^ that.
    lmaooooo @ that..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrina View Post
    Just saying generally us ladies prefer fantasy over sci-fi but SWTOR is like Scifi-fantasy.
    It sounds like you wouldn't be playing the game if it didn't have a semi-fantasy setting.

I'd also like to add: If you guys didn't react in any way to women announcing their gender (which in my opinion is quite foolish behaviour anyway), perhaps women would stop doing so, because they'd realise it does not serve a purpose. But I guess women are just so irresistible that they just drive men crazy, even over the Internet.
    Last edited by mmoc060f1486cb; 2011-12-25 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judgejoebrwn View Post

Since when can someone NOT give generalizations about their gender/race/religion/etc.? I'm a guy and I can accurately gauge how the MAJORITY of men (read >50%) will react/feel/think about a situation. Since when can a woman not do the same thing? I don't know this chick, so don't think I'm here to protect my sister from the masses or some junk, but basically everyone in this thread is jumping on the bandwagon of one nutjob that tears this girl down. Had she NOT said she was female, everyone would have assumed she was a man because "women don't play MMO's, they belong in the kitchen". So she puts that out there to give a female perspective on the game and all of a sudden she's an attention-whore.

Seriously, most of you 14-year-olds need a swift punch in the jaw, a good choke, or a wrench to the ass to learn just some human fucking decency. Is it that fucking hard to disagree or have an opinion without being condescending pricks?

One day it will make sense, when you're all grown up. Hopefully that actually happens.

-Judge
    Generally, I find if you're trying to tell people to learn respect and grow up, suggesting they take a "wrench to the ass" is counter productive.

lol holy wow people. I read this and then after the first page of responses had to go back and RE-READ it to see if I had missed something. What is with the hostility towards her? I guess I don't have that keen ability to pull out some off the wall crap that a poster is "REALLY SAYING" through some super secret forum code language. *shrugs* (I will admit putting your server in there, I don't know that I would do that....FREAKS on the internet and all lol)

However....since I have seen quite a few "HEY, How is this game? I am thinking of trying it" type threads, I kinda, sorta, maybe thought it was quite possibly aimed at those type of readers. Who knows, I am a GIRL, I could probably be wrong. But, I am a 42 year old "girl" so the Star Wars thing has been something I grew up with, so to speak. Saw the first movie, in the theater at release. ANCIENT, that's me!! I have played WoW for over 5 years, still have active subs for it, but I am deactivating everything but my "main" account, to make room for SWTOR. I have been looking forward to this game for quite sometime. I too had been attracted to WoW for the fantasy type story line, but like my movie and book and music preferences, I really enjoy from one end of the spectrum to the other. CHOICES ARE GOOD!

Have a wonderful day, even you grumpy people! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Judgejoebrwn View Post

-Judge
    You are so naive lol.

I was going to say more, I wrote more, but in general I just don't think you are deserving of a response. You will experience and learn yourself in life how to accurately interpret a social situation or you will fall by the wayside, either way I will say, insulting people just because you are incapable of seeing what they see makes you the "14 year old" not them :O

---------- Post added 2011-12-25 at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I'm generally only good at taking stuff apart. Whenever I put anything I end up with a fidgety left over part "wonder where that goes..."

But do I still count?
    Lmao yeah, I can pull loads of stuff apart and put it back together, but I am often too lazy too. "Yeah sure babe I will help you fix that"... "Oh sorry... looks like I broke it even more".
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Hey. Good to see someone appreciating the effort that was put into characters in TOR through plot. I hope you do continue to enjoy the game and remember that the stereotypical thinking people are customed to. "I only enjoy fantasy theme." often make us blind to the fact that star wars is a mix of fantasy and sci-fi.

Also, expect shit on this forum when trying to praise a game you like which others don't, especially when you add a gender into the mix. They will use it to bash your opinion all they can without addressing the content in your post.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana View Post
    lol holy wow people. I read this and then after the first page of responses had to go back and RE-READ it to see if I had missed something. What is with the hostility towards her? I guess I don't have that keen ability to pull out some off the wall crap that a poster is "REALLY SAYING" through some super secret forum code language. *shrugs* (I will admit putting your server in there, I don't know that I would do that....FREAKS on the internet and all lol)

However....since I have seen quite a few "HEY, How is this game? I am thinking of trying it" type threads, I kinda, sorta, maybe thought it was quite possibly aimed at those type of readers. Who knows, I am a GIRL, I could probably be wrong. But, I am a 42 year old "girl" so the Star Wars thing has been something I grew up with, so to speak. Saw the first movie, in the theater at release. ANCIENT, that's me!! I have played WoW for over 5 years, still have active subs for it, but I am deactivating everything but my "main" account, to make room for SWTOR. I have been looking forward to this game for quite sometime. I too had been attracted to WoW for the fantasy type story line, but like my movie and book and music preferences, I really enjoy from one end of the spectrum to the other. CHOICES ARE GOOD!

Have a wonderful day, even you grumpy people! :P
    Because gender means nothing. Unless all those years of females educating males about sexism and how they are sexist was all for nothing?

Hey if you want us to generalise again we happily will.

Females only like fantasy. Braiding hair. Washing dishes. ... blah blah blah blah.

You are incapable of noticing a rather insulting stereotype. You don't even know the gender of everyone responding. So in fairness, the guys are actually NOT being sexist and are kinda sticking up for womens individuality by saying she is being an attention whore by claiming "hey im female so thats why im posting this" and by responding to her "hai but im female i need a unicorn in a game for it to be good!".

Wouldn't surprise me if the OP was in fact not a female and was successfully trolling us all.
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Being a female player I was a skeptic...
    What are you trying to achieve with this line? Are you trying to conclude anything in your post by making this your subject? Cause I don't see it. Plenty of people are skeptics.

I'll agree with you however that the Sith Inquisitor story line is really great. Never had this much of a "connection" on an online character that I play before.

Because gender means nothing. Unless all those years of females educating males about sexism and how they are sexist was all for nothing?

Females only like fantasy. Braiding hair. Washing dishes. ... blah blah blah blah.

You are incapable of noticing a rather insulting stereotype. You don't even know the gender of everyone responding. So in fairness, the guys are actually NOT being sexist and are kinda sticking up for womens individuality by saying she is being an attention whore by claiming "hey im female so thats why im posting this" and by responding to her "hai but im female i need a unicorn in a game for it to be good!".

Wouldn't surprise me if the OP was in fact not a female and was successfully trolling us all.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2011-12-25 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atelniar View Post
    Hey. Good to see someone appreciating the effort that was put into characters in TOR through plot. I hope you do continue to enjoy the game and remember that the stereotypical thinking people are customed to. "I only enjoy fantasy theme." often make us blind to the fact that star wars is a mix of fantasy and sci-fi.

Also, expect shit on this forum when trying to praise a game you like which others don't, especially when you add a gender into the mix. They will use it to bash your opinion all they can without addressing the content in your post.
    Don't think anyone has bashed TOR.

Don't think gender makes an opinion any more or less valid unless it is directly describing something that influences the organs of a particular gender.

"HEY GUYS I LIKE TOR BECAUSE IT GIVES ME A FUNNY FEELING IN MY ........<whatever first comes to your mind>" BTW IM FEMALE SO THIS IS MY FEMININE OPINION WHICH DIFFERS FROM YOUR MALE ONE YOU GUYS BEEN POSTING ALL THE TIME BECAUSE WE FEMALES WE ARE DIFFERENT BUT AT THE SAME TIME WE ARE THE SAME YOU SEE BECUASE SEXISM ONLY EXISTS WHEN MALES INSULT THE GENDER NOT WHEN FEMALES DO IT".

o_O

Ok, the title claims shes female, also claims she was a skeptic. Then NO WHERE in her post does she bring up the female topic again. The second post she (I think) tries to clarify it by saying, in her generalizations "females prefer fantasy" which who knows, could be, maybe not, but responded to the poster above. The complete original post was not trollish, in any way. She wasn't bashing one game and fanGIRLing the other. It was her opinion of the game based on her past game experience. Again, I have seen a LOT of people asking "How is this game?"

I never saw this to be "READ THIS THREAD THERE ARE BOOBS!!!"

Just saying generally us ladies prefer fantasy over sci-fi but SWTOR is like Scifi-fantasy,
    I love when trolls say they're girls and than say sexist bullshit like this.

Nice job stereotyping yourself.

Technically, Star Wars is NOT sci-fi.

"Science fiction is largely based on writing rationally about alternative possible worlds or futures.It is similar to, but differs from fantasy in that, within the context of the story,its imaginary elements are largely possible within scientifically established or scientifically postulated laws of nature (though some elements in a story might still be pure imaginative speculation)."

Star Wars is pure fantasy.

[/ubergeek]

Deleted
    Making threads like these isnt really going to draw positive attention towards you. wether you were looking for it or not.
    People don't generally care what gender you are especially on forums.
    so i don't see why you would make this thread!

You' re kind of showing how silly you are =/ and thats putting it lightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    No offense, but what does you being a chick have to do with your opinion on the game?

With that being said though, I am on the fence of this game - ><"

Probably gonna try it at a friends house soon >_>
    Girls tend to not like Star Wars.*

*I totally made that up

Deleted
    UGH, even an arrow in the knee joke can save this thread. PS, anybody playing Skyrim with the Legendary Wuuthrad mod? If so, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how to get it to work! Help your uncle Frostbane!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkhet View Post
    Technically, Star Wars is NOT sci-fi.

"Science fiction is largely based on writing rationally about alternative possible worlds or futures.It is similar to, but differs from fantasy in that, within the context of the story,its imaginary elements are largely possible within scientifically established or scientifically postulated laws of nature (though some elements in a story might still be pure imaginative speculation)."

Star Wars is pure fantasy.

[/ubergeek]
    To be fair, the force could be explained scientifically. Not easily, mind you, and a lot of things would have to be stretched. But Star Trek is the exact same way.

As for everything else (light sabers, hyperdrives, planet-buster cannons), everything is pretty feasible.

Being a female player, I was rather skeptic about this thing that dangles around in my ... I actually realized I'm a male player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saying generally us ladies prefer fantasy over sci-fi but SWTOR is like Scifi-fantasy, I was also going to take a break from MMOs until guild wars 2 but I just so happy I tried this game out. I don't normally like levelling but I can see myself levelling all classes in this game.
    Women do? Damn, must add that stereotype to the database...

Sometimes I find many threads on MMO Champ seem to me like internal monologues...