Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Keyboard Warrior Online. You wage war on the forums and battle with epic trolls. Daily quests include the "10 chars" post. Increase your post count to level up.
    Achievements include : "The caps locker", "I hate WoW but continue to post about it every single day", "Post in 20 different threads Why X Is The Decline of WoW", "Post in X class is OP threads for every class except your own", "Post about WoW being too easy or too hard or even both", "Use the words Noob, Bad, Casual and L2Play all in one sentence"

I think this would be a popular game and the decline of wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    <snip>
    There are 2 games, Mortal Online and Darkfall, that are similar to what you want that all ready exists and they didn't turn out well. It just turned into a huge PvP grief fest. There is nothing wrong with the concept itself, it's the players who ruin everything.

Deleted
    Oh , didn't know of those games but yeah i think the concept is good too . Do those games have like pvp enable/disable options? If not better add that to my list hehe

Deleted
    No, they didn't have an pvp enable/diable option. Darkfall had a noob protection period, which prevented new players from getting killed at a low level. Mortal Online didn't. I believe Darkfall had some safe areas but I am not 100% sure.

Both games had player corpse looting, so if you had all your gold on you and your best armor on you would probably lose all of it if you where killed by another player. Mortal Online had a penalty system for killing other players, but that didn't prevent better geared players from killing the new players. Skill leveling is like the elder scroll games: use your bow, level archery, swing your sword, level sword fighting. This forced players to grind their skills, if they didn't they were considerably weaker than other players no matter how good their gear was.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyninja View Post
    Titan

/10char
    ^ This right here....maybe GW2 before that though!

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazdreg View Post
    I have to agree. I know it's a Funcom game. I have faith they can make work, just hope they don't release it too soon like they did with AOC.
    April is the release window right now. I have a friend in closed beta, who's not impressed, but he's so negative it wears me out just chatting with him about games.

heh. I just saw the release date before hopping into this thread here. I am excited for the game. I know they have been working on it for a while. And we all know, not all games are for everyone, bummer he is being so negative tho. That's never fun.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazdreg View Post
    heh. I just saw the release date before hopping into this thread here. I am excited for the game. I know they have been working on it for a while. And we all know, not all games are for everyone, bummer he is being so negative tho. That's never fun.
    after knowing him for 6 years (met him in wow) he never stops being negative about a lot of things. He said it seems interesting, which is huge coming from him. Time will tell. He told me he's so sick of Blizz and the BS stuff they did with pvp since cata came out he cancelled-uninstalled, and said he's done with mmos til something "spic" comes out.

Dibs on Touhou mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Dibs on Touhou mmo.
    Oh man, I would play the shit outta one of those. That would be freaking awesome on so many levels.

So with that said, what do you think will be the next big mmo after SWTOR?
    What are some problems you've noticed that MMO's run into? Is it lack of balance? Boring classes? What makes an mmo a success or a failure?
    If the next big MMO Franchise is Titan, what could it be about?
    What elements could make the next MMO better than previous MMOs?
    Next big MMO after SWTOR?

In MY opinion TOR is not THE big MMO at the moment, WoW is not the same it used to be in the gold days of TBC but it's still THE big MMO out there.
    I think the next BIG MMO is Guild Wars 2 and after a few years or if it fails Titan will get the crown.

The problems i notice in new MMOs are questing and grinding. I think the genre is developing and people don't want to farm and farm and farm anymore. And questing is getting old, the way GW2 is going i think it will be the future. You are just traveling and you see someone being attacked, you help or not and the world will change with your ( the players ) decisions.

Also, DPS, Healer, Tank is getting old. If i want to play with 4 friends in a dungeon but no one wants to be a tank he shouldn't feel obligated too.

That's my thoughts, REMEMBER, OUR OPINION MAY DIFFER.
    Last edited by Sughs; 2011-12-31 at 03:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    From what people are saying endgame is pretty bad and easy. I think Tera will take over wow tho tbh. It looks like wow 2.0
    People stupid enough to say things like these still exist? Heh. Oh well.

I hope more (and better) MMOFPS games come out. I liked Global Agenda, but it was not nearly as well made as it could have been. Titan, being a Blizzard title (say what you will, Blizzard hasn't released any bad games in my lifetime), may be able to provide that for me.

Don't insult others, it's not nice. -Edge

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see, but i know will never happen, a Shadowrun mmo. All the cyberpunkish stuff AND the fantasy races! Magic, guns , cyberware..what's not to lie?