Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

They really need to change the way you earn valor/xp/money in Warzones.

Right now, your valor/xp/money in Warzones are determined 100% by the number of trophies you get. Yep, winning/losing don't mean shit. This really needs to change. I hate getting penalized in the XP I get because my team is so kick ass we score 6 touchdowns before I can get more than 3 trophies and I get crappy XP for it.

They need to make it so your rewards is based MOSTLY on whether you win or lose and make the trophies just a bonus at the end. Also, give trophies to those who actually score and assist instead of those who just camp up on the catwalks sniping people for trophies (My Sniper who basically camps the catwalks and doesn't really help with the scoring gets 7 trophies almost every time, where as my Jugg who actually contributes by force leaping us to victory usually ends up with 4 or so trophies).

Oh and another thing, FIX COVER IN HUTTBALL! The most annoying thing in the world is when I automatically roll into cover on the lower level from the catwalk.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    what they nee to do is add more trophies, trophies for scoring points, trophies for healing/protecting the carrier, to much emphasis is put on dealing damage on kills instead of going for objectives, that said i love me some PVP in this game
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

I have to agree as a tnak I can find it frustrating to scre 3-4 goals in huttball, but struggle to get xxx kills, xxx dmg and the like to gain the medals. Also the MVP system needs a workout as well , as atm ppl with most medals seem to get all votes, no views as to who actually did the team aspects of capturing points, scoring goals or supporting people etc.

Healers get the shaft.

Yaaay 4 medals... /rolleyes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aej View Post
    Healers get the shaft.

Yaaay 4 medals... /rolleyes
    /roleyes yes.. you didnt reach 25kill for the team.. so that would be 5.. even as a healer you should be able to sling out 75k dmg somehwere aswell. you dont have a medal for defence.. which as a healer seems odd. yes it does need a tweak but also remember valour earnt is given a bonus per medal. as far as the tooltip says each medal = +50 valour. so even without you should still get ~1k per match. which is perfectly fine

Why would I get a defense medal for voidstar? I healed my ass off that match and I got a disproportionate amount of medals compared to tanks, who by slapping on guard on someone can earn 10+ medals every game.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, if they decided valor / xp / money in Warzones 90% by winning or losing, you'd just be on the forums bitching and moaning about how bad teams are bringing down your gains.

Second, if a game is so fast that you can't rack up more than 4 medals, then that game was a quick game anyways, wasn't it? So queue again, and its the same valor / xp / money per time spent, is it not? Am I missing something?

Also, to the healer above complaining that he only got 4 medals when the most medals earned in a presumably short (or just shitty?) game was 5, I think you need to calm down. In that screenshot you were the same as 3 people, better than 3, and worse than only ONE. Kinda silly to be complaining.

It's a good system, please don't bring WoW BGs into SWTOR. I don't want to be stuck with my fate being decided by how good my team does, instead of how I do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aej View Post
    Why would I get a defense medal for voidstar? I healed my ass off that match and I got a disproportionate amount of medals compared to tanks, who by slapping on guard on someone can earn 10+ medals every game.
    cant see what fp is on your post. voidstar is horrible for everyone on medals. especially if you steamroll it. the tank guard i can see being nerfed as its a 50% dmg transfer atm. tank with guard + a healer on him with a few dps near noone dies.

if its huttball and your about to go 6-0 on win just hold the ball. or toy with them to get the extra medals. same wth civil war. you can normally engineer it so they finish with 2bases and you still win. some games are good some are bad but i dont think the system needs changing too badly. also remember that not many ppl are 50 in warzones yet so its all liable to change when its in a 50only braket.

they may add in extra medals ect but i doubt theyl want to add for the likes of capping base/huttball ect as it will encourage ppl to do nothing but stand and hit objective until they are lucky enough while everyone dies. id suggest trying to get out some damage oor at least ninja a killing blow for the quick draw medal. my freind who heals me generally gets 56 medals a game where i get 6/7 and i normally let him kill some ppl off for the extra bonuses once im done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gnomage View Post
    First of all, if they decided valor / xp / money in Warzones 90% by winning or losing, you'd just be on the forums bitching and moaning about how bad teams are bringing down your gains.
    No one said anything about 90%, quit making up numbers.

Second, if a game is so fast that you can't rack up more than 4 medals, then that game was a quick game anyways, wasn't it? So queue again, and its the same valor / xp / money per time spent, is it not? Am I missing something?
    It takes 20+ min for a Warzone on the Empire side.

Also, to the healer above complaining that he only got 4 medals when the most medals earned in a presumably short (or just shitty?) game was 5, I think you need to calm down. In that screenshot you were the same as 3 people, better than 3, and worse than only ONE. Kinda silly to be complaining.

It's a good system, please don't bring WoW BGs into SWTOR. I don't want to be stuck with my fate being decided by how good my team does, instead of how I do.
    Do you understand anything about Warzones? 610k heals is retarded good.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Imagine if you could/had to get reputation in warzones :P

I actually enjoy a quick game of pvp in this compared to WoW. It aint a grind, its for having fun, which is what a game should be!

They need to add medals for going for objective and def it.I got 6 medals on my bh for healing lols.Had 220k healing done in 1 hutball game.Too many nabs dont know how to interupt.

"Hey guys! DO NOT make me be rewarded for a team effort in an event that is all about team participation! I am the ONLY thing that matters in a Warzone!"

Oh yeah, that's really intelligent there.

In reality the rewards should be entirely based on the overall performance of the team. There's a high threshold of healing and damage? Objectives were met? You didn't go in there and single handedly stomp the entire team with ZERO support so I fail to see how the entire team should be based on the rewards.

Singular rewards based on skewed metrics punish tanks and healers especially, and if you continue to punish them indirectly they stop coming.
    Last edited by Viertel; 2011-12-25 at 10:51 PM.

I was on Hutball and the match was very tight..I manage to score and we win 1-0 :P everybody claps, cheers in the chat..3 minutes before the end they score and it is 1-1...I am putting my best again and I manage to score the second one 20 sec before the end..I was alone there, I didn't sign with group of friends to guard me and heal me all the time..I really put a lot of effort and once I scored the 2-1 the chat got fired of "YEA!!"

the match is end and I get 2 medals..me and another 1 got the least medals..next time I will just zerg in the middle
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    "Hey guys! ...-snip-
    I can see where you're coming from. Team based PvP should have rewards based on how well the team does.

HOWEVER. I can totally understand where Mr. Gnomage comes from as well. Take this, my most recent huttball game.

Click for larger image.

On my team: I got the only goal carrying the whole thing, no passing (with it came the most objective points), the third most amount of healing, and I blew the entire BG away in damage, fewest deaths.

I guess my question is why should everyone else get more rewards, or myself get less (however they would "balance" it). When I did the majority of the work?

I not trying to gloat or be elitest or anything, it's an honest question. I just don't see anyway to measure the success of a "team" when there is no standard people have to reach.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-12-26 at 12:22 AM.

"Hey guys! DO NOT make me be rewarded for a team effort in an event that is all about team participation! I am the ONLY thing that matters in a Warzone!"

Oh yeah, that's really intelligent there.

In reality the rewards should be entirely based on the overall performance of the team. There's a high threshold of healing and damage? Objectives were met? You didn't go in there and single handedly stomp the entire team with ZERO support so I fail to see how the entire team should be based on the rewards.

Singular rewards based on skewed metrics punish tanks and healers especially, and if you continue to punish them indirectly they stop coming.
    Putting the entirety of your rewards on how your team does isn't a good idea, either. You could do everything perfectly, but because your teammates were running around randomly killing instead of working on the objectives, you get nothing? That doesn't sound very intelligent, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Putting the entirety of your rewards on how your team does isn't a good idea, either. You could do everything perfectly, but because your teammates were running around randomly killing instead of working on the objectives, you get nothing? That doesn't sound very intelligent, either.
    Because it's a team and you willing decide to go with people you don't know? You aren't the only single person on your side.

It's called a risk. You take that when you PUG.

Why this is new to some people is beyond me.

Because it's a team and you willing decide to go with people you don't know? You aren't the only single person on your side.

It's called a risk. You take that when you PUG.

Why this is new to some people is beyond me.
    Are you honestly telling me that PUGing should be penalized so drastically? You are aware this is an MMO, right? PUGs are not completely avoidable, and to penalize them just for being PUGs is the most ill thought out idea I've ever heard.

This Voidstar round I was just in was a perfect example. I was the only one actually trying to do the objectives, everyone else was just running around randomly. If the rewards were based purely on team performance, all that time would have been completely wasted. I would have gotten nothing.

Rewarding team effort is fine, but penalizing for lack thereof is just foolish.

Deleted

Wise words there. This system allows you to be rewarded for your personal contribution regardless of losing due to having 7 level 11 players.

Deleted
    The TO says that 100% of Exp / Valor / etc. is earned by trophies and I think thats wrong. I have two screenies where I was lvl 27. I got less Exp for a loose with 7 medals as i got for a win with only 5 medals. So winning and loosing seems to have influence on the Exp / valor / etc-stuff .

Also someone says he has to wait 20min for a bg. Did you play at 4am ?

I mean if there are too many Empireplayer on your server you'll just play 90% Hutball , but you should not have waiting-times of 20 minutes.

BTT: I really like this trophie-system because it rewards your own skills and dont depend on your team. Also Teamplay is still important since its way easier to reach the medals if you play in a team. I think its awesome , but there are as many opinions as people out there playing .

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Please change the title, seeing it first makes it seem like a wow thread since I cant see the rest of the title.