Deleted

Vindictus Game Thread

I just noticed this game. So far I've read that's a free mmorpg. A comment on youtube said it's more rpg but online than being like WoW (not a hater, just a example).
    Do anyone play this? How's the game? My most important question is, do you need to raid to become good? I don't have a lot of spare time but I still want to be able to become a good player even without having to raid 5/7 days a week.

Thanks for any answers

It's a great game. Quite different from Warcraft. Vindictus is more of a dungeon centric Diablo without an overworld. There are no raids, just cities/lobbies. You venture forth from these hubs to various dungeons. The dungeons are all action based like playing Dark Souls or God of War, but players have stats and gear upgrading ala Warcraft.

The game not really an MMO as you might think of them.

It can't be any further from WoW. It's a lobby mmo where you stay in a hub town 70% of the time and use boats to teleport to linear dungeons. Not recommended to play if you want to just solo, because even though you can solo the entire game (save bosses) the solo content is lacking.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

The solo content is pretty great in Vindictus. It merely depends on the kind of player you are and what you are looking for in the game. There is no overworld where exploration/travel and such are present. But there are many players who enjoy running dungeons solo. You can do them in a group too of course.

Vindictus is simply not a Warcraft style MMO. Think of it as a dungeon focused God of War/Devil May Cry.

15+ Year Old Account
    It gets pretty damn boring, if your idea of fun is running the same dungeons again and again then have at it. I admit it was pretty fun in the beginning, I put in about 40 hours before boredom hit hard... really hard. Hellgate was the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralian View Post
    It gets pretty damn boring, if your idea of fun is running the same dungeons again and again then have at it. I admit it was pretty fun in the beginning, I put in about 40 hours before boredom hit hard... really hard. Hellgate was the same way.
    Meh, I thought it got better over time as you get more and more dungeons to run at higher level. To be fair though, pretty much every major MMO nowadays (games like EVE excluded) focus on chain running the same content for months and months on end. That being said though, I can see how the dungeon running in Vindictus can feel more repetitive seeing as there isn't a world to run around exploring or any quests outside of the dungeons to do.

I enjoy the game though. It's fun to jump in every now and then and just beat the crap outta some stuff :P