Deleted

Buying a new computer help (low budget)

So, I have a small budget of only £290 (Possible to stretch it to £300 if needed) and I would like to know what the best I can possibly get with this money is.
    The games I plan on playing the most will be Wow and Rift with as High settings as I can possibly get (more focused on rift), Although Don't limit to these games if I can surpass them!
    I know people who can assemble computers so buying seperate parts is fine, no need for a complete already built computer.
    I would like to have a Quad core processer if that is possible (I have checked a few computers on Ebay and I have seen a few that have quad cores in the £290 price range).
    If you are suggesting anything it would be nice if you could give me a link to a site. And finally Please nothing outside the UK.

Thank you all for reading and extra thanks to anyone posting something helpfull, also if you require more information or have any questions please just say and I will try to answer them promptly.

EDIT: I only need a computer, no keyboard, moniter, mouse etc. This will be a full computer (case and everything), I may be able to use my current harddrives (2 x 150Gb) aslong as they don't drag down the performance.
    Last edited by mmoc383018dc8a; 2011-12-25 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    So, I have a small budget of only £290 (Possible to stretch it to £300 if needed) and I would like to know what the best I can possibly get with this money is.
    Something second-hand. You need to double that budget to get a new gaming computer that can push the settings above medium.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    i honestly think you will struggle at that price, i suggest waiting, I bought and assembled my pc for £600 and it runs wow. rift and swtor on max settings - but if you relly need a pc try ebay and look for a preowned

Deleted
    I don't know about Rift, but WoW does not utilize more than one core properly.
    You should most likely get a dual-core as you can get a faster processor core-by-core that way.

My knowledge might be slightly outdated on the matter though as I haven't looked into this stuff for a while...

Edit: You might want to list which componets you need as well.
    If for example you don't need a case or a HDD, that is a LOT of money saved there when on a budget.

Deleted
    I saw one computer on Ebay I'll just link what it says here:
    AMD QuadCore 3.6GHz Processor
    1 x 4Gb DDR3 Memory
    500gb SATAII Harddrive
    High Performance Motherboard
    NVIDIA 7025 Graphics
    DVD +RW SATA Drive
    Top Quality CIT Case
    500W PSU

How would that perform in terms of Rift graphics? (Low, Medium, High etc)

and Another computer I have also seen:
    AMD FX4100 Quad Core processor. 4 cores running at 3.60Ghz .
    8GB DDR3 1 ,333Mhz Memory.
    ATI Radeon HD5450 -1GB graphics card
    (would be running with my current 150g hard drive, not sure on what it is exactly)

And again how would this one perform in terms of Rift graphics?

7025 is integrated graphics and the 5450 won't even play on low.

Deleted
    how does a Nvidia Geforce GT520 1GB Graphics Card coupled with AMD Athlon x2 250 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor sound?
    Honestly I have virtually No idea about computers so thanks so far for all the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    how does a Nvidia Geforce GT520 1GB Graphics Card coupled with AMD Athlon x2 250 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor sound?
    Sounds like Minesweeper, Solitaire, Farmville... Not WoW or Rift unless you play on really old low resolution monitor and at low settings.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Ok, im going to slightly change what I required and go a bit more in depth in a way. The sort of computer I would like is one that can raid 20 man content on RIft at 25 or so fps, I don't care all that much if the graphics are low because I have played wow on lowest settings (yes everyone at the bottom) for about 4 years and im not fussy when it comes to max settings and amazing fps. Will £290 get me a computer at the right specs for that?

For comparison here are my current specs.
    Single core 3.20GHz processor (all I know about it).
    4.5GB RAM.
    ATI Radeon 2400 series graphic card.
    And that is as far as my knowledge of my computer goes.

Nope. The closest you will get is that £374.99 I linked. Anything cheaper than that had junk GPUs.