Thread: Going Human.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Can another dps trinket give you double root breaks? (gnome) Can it give you vanish? (nelf) It can't give you a safe vanish if you have a bleed on you (dwarf). double dps trinkets may give extra burst, but the other alliance racials also give a lot of utility and should not be discounted.
    Nelf Druid. Tank/Melee/Feral PVP. Dreadmaul

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Its a matter of playing on an even ground.

You don't even seem to realise how good some trinket combos can be. Take Vial of Shadows . Great trinket baseline right? Now, fun part is that the procs scales with AP, combine it with the Badge of Conquest, wich gives about 4900 AP when you pop it. One trinket just buffed the other by a substantial amount.

Or lets take Human Rogues running with double Badge of Conquest (one being a lesser version), meaning they have a trinket up for EVERY SINGLE DANCE.

Human Mages with double Mastery trinkets? Enjoy 50k shatters.

No, the human racial won't turn a 1800 player into a gladiator, but yes, the current trinkets are powerfull enough to clearly give an edge to anyone being a Human. Its not worth faction changing, since Horde have almost equally good racials, (Goblin Jump, Silence), but if you're Alliance, you're gimping yourself playing anything else, and those trinkets can make or break a game.

Here's the ladders of the 2 best Battlegroups in the US. Kinda proves my point, take it as you will.

US-Bloodlust Ladders http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/bloodlust/3v3
    US-Nightfall Ladders http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/nightfall/3v3
    I agree, human racial is quite possibly the absolute best out of the bunch Alliance has (which isn't exactly good, let's also admit), mainly because of how good the new trinkets are (eg. my warrior will soon be running with HC Vial, HC whirlwind bonelink thing and HC tentacle sword - glhf) but I don't think it's that big of an edge over most of the racials Horde have. Goblin Jump, WotF, orc racial, even troll at times are pretty fucking good for certain classes/specs/comps - for some comps you don't need the extra trinket and would be better off with something else, etc etc.

Still, I honestly don't feel it's overpowered per se. If there were ways to undertune it, I'd probably say go for it, but anything they can do to change it will absolute ruin it (eg. 3 minute cooldown like they had for a while), might as well leave it be.

PS: Tich and KT are the biggest US realms and they're both 80%+ Alliance. Whilst that (the human racial) might be one of the reasons players picked that faction to begin with, guilds like the ones on Stormscale EU (Yaspresents, Nashwan Gods, the old DNAW, etc.) still rather be Horde for whatever reasons may be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Double pve trink is overrated
    Oh c'mon, who am I kidding? Rogues and mages with double pve trink and weps are currently eating people alive.

Human racial is good as long as you play a class that goes well with 2 pve trinkets.
    A rogue and a mage will do fine with lower amounts of resilience but lets say a priest, hmm, don't think you want to sacrifice that much resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    PS: Tich and KT are the biggest US realms and they're both 80%+ Alliance. Whilst that (the human racial) might be one of the reasons players picked that faction to begin with, guilds like the ones on Stormscale EU (Yaspresents, Nashwan Gods, the old DNAW, etc.) still rather be Horde for whatever reasons may be.
    My point wasn't Horde vs Alliance, but more to illustrate how almost every single Alliance top player is Human if his class can be. On horde you see a LOT more variety in races, there isn't a completly dominating one (since they nerfed WotF at least).

Honestly i'd prefer they either entirely remove racials from rated play, like they disable certain profession perks, or they could always just redesign human's one since they just can't ''nerf'' it, its either godly or useless. Removing PvE gear from rated play could potential fix the issue too, but we all know its not going to happen.

Nothing of this will happen anyway simply because of how much money they make off race/faction changes.

Edit : typo lol.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2011-12-26 at 03:47 AM.

I play troll warrior in arena because I like them too smell my feet. It wins arena. They should nerf my feet.

You can say what you want but every high level arena tournament I watch everybody is always human (barring classes who can't be). It speaks volumes to me on the min/max potential of the human racial over others. Although I will say I'd still take the dwarf racial over the human racial as a rsham.

I think Rogues are the best example, gonig with 2 activate-trinkets to have 1 for each shadowdance is just beastly imho. (and that could be 2 pvptrinkets, just to have the resilience on them)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Mate its was x10 vs Undead with WOTF before it was nerfed and before Humans even had EMFH. I remember the days in Vanilla on my priest with only Perception and a spirit increase. (Perception was pretty decent but no match to the WOTF)
    Perception was pretty cool when it was a cooldown. At least for me as a warlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzer View Post
    One day I went out of the basement, and everyone around was human. GG evolution, GG. Ten million years and that's the best you can do?!
    lol.
    10 chars.

Deleted
    stoneform vs the might of the tbc mutilate rogues, gotta miss those days.

Seriously though, I'd rather have goblin jump as a spriest rather than human trinket (have neither).

Human Hunters #1.

F*** your 1% crit chance.

Tell me, what is better. Break a boss's CC, stun, goo etc before anyone else (non human, non skill use etc) and get back on the boss, with a possible uptime of 5+seconds more than anyone else not free.

Trust me it can help, and it saves your life sometimes.

I am a Hunter, obviously. And well, human. I use two trinkets, 4xx resil on both. One is new season, one is last. This allows me to use eng gloves for 10s -> trinket one (last season) 20s later, trinket two, current season. then once every minute each, until gloves are back up, then it repeats. It's bloody heavy damage.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Worgen get a skinning buff making it the obvious choice for PvP...just saying.

Deleted
    Human hunter owns!!

all of my alliance characters are human females.
    the trinket is nice, it lets me wear a regen trinket and a burst trinket when i heal on my priest.
    but mostly i roll human females because all the other alliance races look ugly or weird.

no racial is game breaking. some are better then others for specific things, i stay belf on my paladin, despite not being holy or prot because i like the way he looks. i stay troll on my shaman even though he is enhance because i think male orcs are dumb looking.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    I played horde in the past, all of my characters were undead (if possible).
    All these never ending WotF nerfs made me change to alliance (human):
    - original WotF: 2 min CD, breaks specific CCs, 20 sec immunity
    - WotF nerf one: immunity reduced to 5 sec
    - WotF nerf two: immunity removed
    - WotF nerf three: partially shared CD with trinket
    It's just ridiculous what happened to WotF.

I also consider now to race change my last non human character to human. It's my main, hunter.
    I don't expect anything great, but even a small advantage IS an advantage!

Did you ever think that maybe the reason you see so many human hunters in pvp is because hunter is still new-ish to humans and everyone rolled one because of that? Every human hunter I've talked to said they either went human because it was a new race for hunters and they thought it would be cool or b/c their guild needed a human hunter for Classy Humans.

emfh isn't worth paying for a race change for.
    Last edited by Kokiron; 2011-12-26 at 07:13 PM.

Deleted
    Glad or your money back! trolololol

Tbh i would go Orc for hunter...

I say human racial is the best racial i know (pvp wise), lets take it for example, you got a gnome racial that removes Imparing/immobization effects and you got an undead racial that removes Fear/Charm/Sheep, while then you got a human racial that removes all of the above, including stuns, silences, and disorienting effects. Its a free way out of getting a stupid medallion. With this racial, its like gaining an extra stat thats very useful like for example, you can equip double dps trinkets with no problem instead of having to worry about a stupid medallion. I just think humans are good in general, free 3 exp from equiping 2hand mace/sword, 11% increase rep gain, and i like the way they swing their weapons.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2011-12-26 at 10:03 PM.

Look at the trinkets off of Spine.

Tell me ~450 resilience isn't worth giving up for 880 strength/agility/intellect!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolvye View Post
    Look at the trinkets off of Spine.

Tell me ~450 resilience isn't worth giving up for 880 strength/agility/intellect!
    Every other race also has the chance to run one PvE trinket (that includes the ones that drop of Spine) if they feel like they can drop the 450 resilience. Being something other than human and running a PvE trinket aren't two mutually exclusive events.