Thread: Hype

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hype

Other than curiously looking into this game when I first discovered it, and the classes available I am completely avoiding the internet when it comes to this game.

When it comes out I want to have it all completely fresh for me, having that whole idea of not know wtf is going on. ( I mele'd with my warlock when i got firestone, and thought general chat was for high ranked 'General' players).

I miss that and not knowing for me is alot of the fun.

But im still so dam excited for this game, I mean im a wow blizz fanboy and if it was not for this game having no monthly fee WoW would be getting the boot for sure!

But yah the point of this post is I emplore some of you guys/gals (as i know its not everyones thing) to just shut out anything GW2 related, its not like you will miss the release date as it will be advertised and talked about alot. Might just make the game that bit sweeter for you :>

Oh and im dodging the Beta like the plague, even my MoP beta (AP) is going to go largely untouched except lookign at some class related stuff :>

ANd zomg those professions, want them ALL!!!

ANd zomg those professions, want them ALL!!!
    /insert cliche pokemon line here

You better choose a profession wisely..... and by wisely I mean a mesmer.

Screw Mifs cookies. I can conjure pretty ladies for you!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Dat engineer...

Can you unfreeze me on release day pls?

Deleted
    Gief Asura Guardian right now! Never been this excited for a game before.

You'll never truly be able to return to the "novice roots" because once you start playing your first MMO, you start picking up that "general mmo gaming" knowledge that can be applied to nearly every MMO out there.

I agree with you in that I will be staying away from the beta as well to retain some of that "new" feeling. I don't want to know the general layouts of maps or the best way to start speccing my first character. I think if I do that I will be able to retain most of that newness.

Deleted
    Snape kills Dumbledore.

*cough*

I wish I could stay away from Guild Wars 2 as well (As in not knowing a damn thing and feel like a complete newbie when entering the world). But it's too hard to not search information about a game who's going to add new things to the MMO genre

Whatever floats your meta-boat, OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    i regret not learning anything about wow before i played i like knowing as much as possible before hand when it comes to MMOs (apart from spoilers of stories more just mechanics)i played WC3 after getting wow and it made wow so much better for me, back in vanilla going around seeing the buildings i recognized from WC3 i wouldn't be nearly as exited for GW2 if i didn't research the mechanics because thats what makes me love it :P i already know what race/class and weps im gonna use along with my chars back story :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I pretty much do the same, but I DO like looking into the whole Profession thing first.

I've always played support when it comes to MMO's. I love being the underdog/"power behind the throne" kind of class.

In WoW I've played mostly support Dps classes (Boomkin, Spriest, etc), and I did the same in Rift (Support Cleric) and WAR (Warrior Priest).

Come GW2 I'm going to be playing any sort of "support build" that I can get my hands on. Especially the Engineer profession! Guns, bombs, grenades, elixirs, and dat flamethrower...

But I can be hyped whether I know nothing or know everything about a game/patch/whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but as an experienced RPG and MMORPG gamer I will not shut out any information that's given to me. I too like surprises, but when it comes to research; nothing is more satisfying than a hands on experience. This means no matter how much I read, the game-play will ultimately dictate my excitement and review of GW2.

I believe you're still stuck in a Blizzard fan-boy mentality to the max. Boy do they have you brain washed. I got rid of my Blizzard fan mentality about 3 or so years ago. The best thing about being a gamer is being skeptical and careful of "treading new waters" so to say. Blizzard has you in the bag because they've assured you that everything they deliver is of the utmost quality, when in reality; it's really a piece of shit. MoP is just a ploy, and nothing more. It's there as a money grab and that's all there is to it, I'm not even going to argue it it. DEAL WITH MY OPINION.

The point is, there's no reason why anyone should be left in the dark, or purposefully leave themselves in the dark out of some demented reassurance that a game will end up being great: that's just silly. Despite my signature, I'm not as much of a GW2 fan-boy as you'd think. I have my doubts, yet I hold on to the concept that ANet is putting forth. There's no reason why I should be ignorant to anything they're up to out of blind faith.

You'd do well to discard your Blizzard mentality and retain your humanity once more. Blizzard is doing to you what Mac does to its' fan-boys when a new store opens.
    Being part of a cult is never the answer. Be informed, be skeptical, have your doubts, express them, discuss them, and resolve them.

DON'T FOLLOW BLINDLY.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    DON'T FOLLOW BLINDLY.
    Too late!

^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Too late!

^_^
    The more you do that, the more you set yourself up for disappointment. A lot of fan boys of anything I've come across tend to be the complainers of everything I've come across. The reason being; it didn't meet their fan-boy expectations/dreams.

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried for 2 years to stay away from hype train, but GStar and PAX videos, I just couldn't help myself.
    There's a part of me that hopes they dont release until after this semester is over (taking almost 30 credit hours)
    but there's also a part of me that wishes it was out NOW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    The more you do that, the more you set yourself up for disappointment. A lot of fan boys of anything I've come across tend to be the complainers of everything I've come across. The reason being; it didn't meet their fan-boy expectations/dreams.
    They haven't disappointed me yet!

Call me a "fanboy" all you want, but I think GW2 is going to rock like Skyrim has/is.

Deleted
    I did promise myself also to not look stuff beforehand, but that was years ago and I knew the release would be far far away so I gave up on that idea.
    In the end I think it doesn't matter that much, at least I can somehow help those who want to know something.

Deleted
    Nah, I read and view news in moderation. So if there's a convention and 30 interesting videos come on the net about Guild Wars, I watch one per day, not all 30 in 2 days or so, because if I do so I become bored because I have no news left. Unlike other people, I like to know a bit about what I'm planning on playing, or where I'm planning on going (I look at towns I go to vacation at from satellite image to know the layout lol) since it makes my interest grow instead of diminishing it. Did the same with WoW, not by playing, but I liked to see images of Northrend and Cataclysm and stuff and I loved the places... well I got annoyed by Cataclysm, but not because I got bored from the content gave us, there's more to that.

Deleted
    Well, Im probably too hyped for my own good. But I got games to keep me busy and real life so I can manage delay on it. Im glad I left wow, dont miss that game at all. Enjoying myself in Rift now and if population declines too much there, I will check out Aion f2p in february. Might even get myself a good xbox360 game if things turn out badly. Well, Im sure I will manage anyway =) Being wow free, got good game to look forward to, follow news, it's good =)

I just love these OP's, so excited! Can't wait myself as well ;D

Once you play one MMO, and get good at it, there is no longer that sense of WTF is going on! any more, in any MMO - at least in my experience. There's always background knowledge to how other MMOs work and as long as you know how to play one you'll know basically how to play another.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    Once you play one MMO, and get good at it, there is no longer that sense of WTF is going on! any more, in any MMO - at least in my experience. There's always background knowledge to how other MMOs work and as long as you know how to play one you'll know basically how to play another.
    Play some WoW, then go play some GW1, then tell me they play similarly.