10+ Year Old Account

Christmas Upgrades!

I've been given $1000.00 to spend on whatever I want. Playing World of Warcraft is what I enjoy doing, so I've planned to upgrade my system (at least a little bit) to make my raiding experience and overall gaming performance that much more superb. This may seem sad, but I cannot get my post to appropriately format to where I can neatly list the required information needed in the sticky at the top of this forum. I did, however, find the link to my specific system with absolutely everything you need to know.

This link takes you to my system's product specifications. This link takes you to my graphics card specifications.

I've also noticed that while looking over my video card's system requirements, it requires a 400 Watt or greater power watt supply. What I don't understand is why my computer's power watt supply is only 300 watts, but has a video card that requires more? I bought the computer that way. It wasn't a mistake I made while upgrading.

I've considered upgrading my power watt supply and my video card. Could I have some suggestions? I know with this game, it's usually just about the processor, but....
    I've planned to upgrade my system (at least a little bit)

Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65 130$ *optional
    CPU: i5 2500k 210$ *
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB 1600 42$ *
    SSD: Crucial M4 64GB 115$
    GPU: MSI 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 240$
    PSU: XFX 550W 80+ bronze 70$

Total: 807$
    Total without CPU, motherboard and memory: 425$

This would be a significant upgrade to your system, especially the GPU and SSD part. It will allow you to run pretty much anything at a 1920x1080 resolution except for a couple of games like Battlefield 3 in which you would need to lower the settings a bit. If you don't want to spend as much, I believe you would be ok without upgrading the CPU. motherboard and memory. I don't really know much about AMD processors.

The upgrade would be really really nice for WoW, the GPU will allow you to run wow at max settings no problem and the SSD will increase your boot time for Windows and your loading screen time for WoW significantly.

One thing you might want to keep in head is that the new Ivy bridge processors from Intel should be coming out in a while and the new GPUs from AMD and Nvidia are also coming out soon. The AMD cards are already coming out in first quarter of 2012. If you're patient you might want to wait and upgrade then.
    Last edited by aisatsana; 2011-12-26 at 01:23 AM.