Leveling and you

So as a quick disclaimer I am only level 14 so what I am about to say may be my inexperience talking

I think wow has really ruined peoples perceptions of leveling in an mmo. Lets face it wows leveling has been terrible since the beginning only getting slightly better but frankly still being bad. This has led to people being afraid of leveling and just wanting to blow through it as quickly as possible to get to end game. This got me thinking. In any other type of game do we rush to the ending as fast as possible or do we savor the experience? I know I savor the experience and soak up all the information I can. Here enters swtor. I'm finding the leveling not only not grindy but thoroughly enjoyable. I'm moving slower than I ever have in an mmo and most SP games. I want to learn more about the story and I could care less when I hit cap. And the best part is when I hit cap its an mmo so I have end game content.

TLDR: In Swtor leveling is an important part of the game just like end game, don't ruin the experience for yourself by rushing to endgame.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

While I agree with you, don't try to push your way of playing on to other people. It won't end well.

10+ Year Old Account
    leveling might be great but it wont keep people interested in the long term?

I will always say that this game was great regardless of what end game is like. If once I get to 50 and find that the end game sucks I will still have loved it because of how fun leveling was. Anything I get to do once I'm 50 is just bonus.

Yes I've been taking my time and enjoying it. I'm 30 now and just started my first quests on Alderan (sp?). I really love traveling thru the environments. They did a great job on the planets and you can tell they put a lot of thought into the quest mobs and difficulty. I like how you are always fighting between 3 and 6 mobs at once. If you do all the quests including the heroics you really do learn better how to play your class.

I also love my dialogue choices. Even the ones that are trivial and don't change anything.
    Last edited by zerocarbs; 2011-12-26 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    leveling might be great but it wont keep people interested in the long term?
    Well i would guess 90% of people in wow have alts...many of them so that should take up a huge amount of time. I haven't experienced endgame pve or pvp yet but I find it hard to believe it can be worse than what wow has been for the last 3 years since ulduar. Though that could just be my lack of imagination talking. I mean people played wow even though we had a year of the exact same raid, if thats no endgame content I don't know what is.

---------- Post added 2011-12-26 at 04:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    While I agree with you, don't try to push your way of playing on to other people. It won't end well.
    not trying to push anything. Just saying that this game shouldn't be only about endgame since the questing experience is so different from wow. I only compare it too wow because its what I have played the most.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

I had Alts in Wow, I have 7 characters in SWTOR, big difference.

Deleted
    In wow i never read any quests at all, in SWTOR i watch every cut scene i feel much more envolved with my bad ass sith warrior!