Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I still have contact details of the UK Marketing Manager for steelseries from my days writing magazine hardware/peripheral newsletters, can PM it to you if you think it would be any use. Not for abuse sakes, but to make him aware of your complaints perhaps? I would also be quite peeved in your place. I had trouble with the Ikari when it was first released (Optical rather than laser) and was furnished with an honest apology and a free upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilan View Post
    I still have contact details of the UK Marketing Manager for steelseries from my days writing magazine hardware/peripheral newsletters, can PM it to you if you think it would be any use. Not for abuse sakes, but to make him aware of your complaints perhaps? I would also be quite peeved in your place. I had trouble with the Ikari when it was first released (Optical rather than laser) and was furnished with an honest apology and a free upgrade.
    Are you sure he'll be happy with that? Not to be a bother, but these people have private lives too.

That would be nice please do that, if anything just to vent a bit at him. Im still waiting for the refund from amazon, but thats just a matter of time, I will say this... If not for amazon i would be at full scale war with steelseries. I dont wont an upgrade, I wont touch their products anymore, nor will I never put in a good word for them. I would just like an apology at this point.

Thats what happened to 2 friends of mine who bought SteelSeries WoW mouse - it got broken after few months. I personally have Roccat Kone and I love it. I am using it like 2 years and it works still flawlessly even tho It felt down from stairs in my gf's house like 2 times already

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Are you sure he'll be happy with that? Not to be a bother, but these people have private lives too.
    True but I'm talking about his work e-mail address rather than any private info, sorry if that's caused any confusion.

Deleted
    OP,

can you tell me exactly what steelseries told you to do in order to get your mouse to work again? I'm having the exact same problem after buying a brand new diablo 3 mouse and installing the drivers. During install it checked for my firmware and updated it, but I got an error message and now it's not responding anymore and the LED is flashing.

I've already sent a ticket to steelseries but I'm afraid this is going to take a loooooooong time.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    That's pretty terrible. So the final outcome after two questionable experiences with the mouse's software/hardware failing is Steelseries justifying the lack of button functionality in other games because it's called a Diablo mouse?

I don't know what's worse, the mouse not working properly or being designed solely for one game and not for anything else.
    Just think if they can get people in this mentality though... they got it more or less there with the z-board. "Buy a new overlay for EVERY game you play!!" even if it was just marginally different shaped buttons and colours people still bought it.

If they could get you to buy a DIFFERENT $70 for each game you play...

They should go talk to apple maybe. They seem to have a talent for selling style over substance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Buy a Razer Naga and never look back, son !

Deleted
    Dear friends,

THE SOLUTION !

I bought the Diablo III mouse and afther installing it with the softare from steelseries it droped dead. I searched the internet, I reinstalled windows ... a lot of work for a 80 euro mouse. I send to steelseries a message ...nothing in reply ... Anyway long story made short: I solved it myself. On another computer ( laptop) so that I could navigate I went to steelseries website ..downloads and installed just Firmware Update Tool and the mouse came back to life.

It is unacceptable that they put SteelSeries Engine for Windows which locks your mouse and don`t tell you that you need to install the update..if you could ...without the mouse.

Good luck to everyone !
    Se you in the Sanctuary !

PS: sorry for the English, is just my gaming language

I had the original Steelseries WoW mouse, I had gotten it for Christmas '10. Worst mouse ever. Within in a month all the 'steel' had rubbed off and rusted so it was see through plastic and rust spots. I ended up putting duct tape on 90% of the mouse just so I could use it. It made my hand itch if I didn't cover it in duct tape. About a month after that, the right click got... stuck? down. I could still right click just fine, but the button itself wouldn't pop back up. It drove me insane for almost a month before I completely adjusted to it.
    I would NEVER recomend/buy another Steelseries product.
    Got a Molten Naga and never looked back. It's also proved its worth in games like Minecraft, too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Loith View Post
    That would be nice please do that, if anything just to vent a bit at him. Im still waiting for the refund from amazon, but thats just a matter of time, I will say this... If not for amazon i would be at full scale war with steelseries. I dont wont an upgrade, I wont touch their products anymore, nor will I never put in a good word for them. I would just like an apology at this point.
    my d3 mouse went whack beginning of dec. less than 6 months old. the tracking got sketchy then sometimes the left click wouldn't recognize it was held down and just move to where it was clicked as if released. then when released movement occurs a few steps and stops. customer support was great for 3 emails then nothing. i have ups info showing it arrived and signature there in cali. i gave lotsa extra time for holidays but still no reply to my requests for updated status of replacement. i didn't know amazon handled refunds.

im going there right now.

update:geez return window closed aug.6

tyvm site and forum members for the valuable info.

off to search for a new mouse
    Last edited by petey911; 2013-01-04 at 07:59 PM. Reason: updating info

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Buy a Razer Naga and never look back, son !
    cept the fact it breaks in bout 3-6 months of regular use.

Get a logitech g600. Far superior to the inferior razer breakalot

ive had 3 naga's. one of them a razer naga epic. lasted about 4 months and the right mouse button stopped working. first one the thumb button stopped working. Number 2 just died completly

I'm sad to see all the problems that people have had with Steelseries mouses inn this thread. I would say Its one of the few companies inn Denmark I hope that does well, but with that said I will also agree that they got some things to work on.

I also have a steelseries mouse; The now infamous first wow mouse. The first one broke after 2 months, just *poof*, coulden't do anything to make it work again. Returned it and got a new one. The current wow mouse I now had for like 1 year+ or something, and it worked okay. Trough its looks are...scarry, I said before to people if they saw my mouse, they woulden't belive it. The paint is all off where I have my fingers, just looks so used...like Im so crazy 20 hours/day gaming addict, and used that mouse for 10 years xD

Anyway, Im glad to see others also enjoy there G5 logitech mouse. Sadly my brother lost mine (Never borrow things...) and Im quit sad about that. Hands down a sick mouse, and I hear the now somewhat newere G5 is also very great.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I increasing regret this mouse. Steelseries removed the "keyhold" functionality for unspecified reasons. It is now a plain mouse with diablo in it that cost 80 bucks. Free programs even work better.

Don't buy this mouse.

Honestly sounds like an IRQ conflict or corrupt driver. Try checking your administrative log file for any system critical events.

I got this diablo 3 mouse back in january, as a temp replacement for my razer left handed mouse. When I went to play world of warships, I had issues with the right left, not working so I had to use the software for this mouse. If I booted windows up, and didn't wait long enough, the middle mouse button then would mess up, I do not recommend this mouse, after 8 months of dealing with this, I am finally tired enough to buy a new mouse, and it will not be a steel series, I had bought their Wow headset before, the really expensive one, it was cheaply made as well, and split, and broke in several places....