Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Build PC, or buy Pre Built?

I know this is obvious, but, im a super noob when it comes to PC's. I dont know whats good, and whats not... What im asking from you guys is to give me some sample builds, and i mean everything, from a case, to video card, etc, everything i need to build a pc. Monitor/Keyboard and such is not required as i have some pretty decent ones but yeah. Also, i was thinking of just buying this decent pc :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=A8RKQID9I1V2B

But just upgrading the graphics card.

Thanks alot

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi.

As for the bulldozer CPU

The graphics card is very weak, I wouldn't recommend it.

Which country are you in? What's your pricepoint?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Hi.

As for the bulldozer CPU

The graphics card is very weak, I wouldn't recommend it.

Which country are you in? What's your pricepoint?
    Serbia, around 500 euros.

The real problem with the Bulldozer CPU (from the testing I've seen at least) is that it is meant more for multi-thread applications like virtual servers etc.
    Most gaming only takes advantage of single-thread processing, which is done better by other chips.
    This is said to be addressed in the start of 2012 with a BIOS upgrade (I assume) but for now it looks like there are better chips for gaming, at least.

Seems like a decent build for a PC except for the weak graphics card.
    I might look for a setup with an i3 or an i5 Intel processor, since I've seen those get really good benchmark results for gaming.
    Check out some benchmarking sites like www.futuremark.com and some of the overclocking sites like www.overclock.net
    I frequent these sites a lot and the forums have some really cool/ helpful/ knowledgeable people.
    Last edited by nwgminion; 2011-12-27 at 07:40 PM.