Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are most light side choices for sith inquisitor still evil.

When I get the game I plan imperial agent first. But when I get it to 50 I had planed on making a jedi shadow alt. But I've been hearing that the jedi consular story is dull. And so far on the forums people have nothing but good things to say about the sith story's. I can't stand playing pure evil characters so I was wondering how are the sith inquisitor light side choices? Since sith are (mostly) evil dicks I was thinking that there light side choices would be like " kill the rebel village with a fast working plague instead of killing each of them slowly with lighting" are the choices like that or am I off the mark.

Deleted
    I haven't noticed it... Dark side tends to be evil, whereas lightside is good. For example, in a recent mission I did, I had the choice between killing some republic workers or letting them live. Killing them was dark side and letting them live was light side. Despite the fact the mission was to kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I thought of that, some light side options where ..... kind of evil, annoying, stupid and grr... just bad ... Dark Option felt much more appealing, but once I went Lightside and was past 2K LS points I didn't wanna go go evil, due to benefits hitting LS or DS V. Always want to max out one side ....
    -K

Well damn looks like im going consular.

15+ Year Old Account
    It flips back and forth, sometimes nonsensically.

I've been playing a LS Warrior, and I just got off Dromund kaas

Spoilers
    Some Examples from Warrior
    1. You are sent to deal with 3 prisoners, on the first you can kill (DS) or let free (LS). Second asks to die in combat you can Fight to Death (DS (this is one of the ??? ones) kill outright (ds) or rot in jail (ls). Third you cna recruit to Empire (LS) or kill (DS)
    2. Sent to stop a slave rebellion you can kill them all (DS) or blackmail them to stop (LS)
    3. you can quick poison kill a slave revolt (LS) or use a lower dose to make them just suffer (DS)

So some of your LS are Lawful Evil, others fall more under Good or Neutral. Though going LS on Sith will make your life "harder"
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    Well damn looks like im going consular.
    Jedi is for the weak anyways, so it sounds like you'll fit right in.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Jedi is for the weak anyways, so it sounds like you'll fit right in.
    What can I say I can't stand playing a evil dick who will one day get surpassed by a eviler dick (rule of 2).

Beg to Disagree

What can I say I can't stand playing a evil dick who will one day get surpassed by a eviler dick (rule of 2).
    What you have been told is quite inaccurate. At least from the inquisitor's point of view (which I am currently playing) Light Side options ARE often if most most of the time GOOD, Lawful or chaotic good.

Zayra, my inquisitor has chosen Light Side Options all along, and they are wonderful. Unlike the Jedi choices which feel cliche and expected. For Zayra being a Light Side Jedi is about wanting to not only make a difference in the Empire, but change it. I'll give you a few examples:

SPOILERS

At Korriban, as part of your Inquisitor Storyline, there was an Interrogation sequence, in this Interrogation sequence you have the two alignment options: 1) Torture your subject to make him talk or 2) Not only get information by being kind to him, and supportive, but also promise him to help survive and escape. My inquisitor's options for Light Side were things like: "*Guys name*, we know each other, and trust me when I say that I am your friend. Please talk to me or else the interrogator will get someone else here", "No, I will not torture you, I think there are other ways to solve this", "I need you to calm down, I promise you that I will do everything in my power to make sure you do not come to harm" --- Then when speaking to the Torturer, you get the Light Side options to pursue helping the prisioner, and persuade him to get him off of the planet to safety.

Another mission was to fool a Jedi into escaping only for him to tell the wrong information to his superiors. As Lightside options you get to tell him the truth, and help him escape properly. Also, when meeting with Jedi Masters, at a point I was given the option to call her: "It is a honor to be in your presence, master". I was even complimented by a Jedi, who told me he saw great potential in me, and he was sorry that I was taken in by the Empire, that I could've been a great Jedi. --- Each and everyone of my Light Side options as an Inquisitor, are extremely Good Sided, almost chaotic Good. I had even the chance to meditate on the calmness of the Light Side --- Mind you, since my character is Chaotic Good, she just ended up using her electricity to break open whatever she was trying to get open.

To wrap it all up, in my experience, being a Sith Inquisitor (Light Side) is more rewarding, because she has a deep, passionate reason to be good, unlike as with the Jedi, which are expected to lean towards the Light Side. The difference between the Jedi and the Sith is mostly that the Sith give in to their passions (Love, and justice can be very passionate). Whereas the Jedi are stoic, and try to remain emotionless and cool headed.

HOWEVER, the Sith Warrior that I tried to play does seem to be just Lawful neutral, or Neutral in half of their Light-Sided options.

Giev the Sight Inquisitor a try with the Light Side.

Lindsey's post is the only 100% factual and true post in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rule of two will not be implemented for quite some time.

Consular story gets more interesting in Act 2(level ~30+), but it still feels slowly paced compared to other classes. It does remind me a lot of the KOTOR 2 main storyline, in a good way.

From the bit Ive played of an Inquisitor you can be surprisingly Light. It actually makes your choices that much more meaningful because your character is constantly being contrasted against the Empire and fairly "evil" Sith.

When I get the game I plan imperial agent first. But when I get it to 50 I had planed on making a jedi shadow alt. But I've been hearing that the jedi consular story is dull. And so far on the forums people have nothing but good things to say about the sith story's. I can't stand playing pure evil characters so I was wondering how are the sith inquisitor light side choices? Since sith are (mostly) evil dicks I was thinking that there light side choices would be like " kill the rebel village with a fast working plague instead of killing each of them slowly with lighting" are the choices like that or am I off the mark.
    Playing a "good guy"-thinking Sith Inquisitor is still totally viable. My main is Dark Side Imperial Agent, which I play with my friends, and my alt is SI Sorcerer Light Side, which I've taken to level 22. You'll have to get used to the dialog options, but once you are used to it, you won't "feel" evil. As an over-simplified example, you might have to accept a mission to hunt down an enemy of the Empire, which seems like an Assassination mission, but when you get there, you'll have an option to best him in combat and let him go.

Remember that your character is in a WAR, so you all the normal tenets of wartime apply.

Deleted
    I really like the Light side Sith options to be honest, it's a shame not more people play them that way as I honestly think they have some of the best options. Not to mention the amount of trolling they do. It's not really good as in.. Jedi good. That would be nearly impossible for them to do in the Empire. But think of it more as a Sith who realizes the constant threatening and torture isn't the best way to go at it and tries to improve the Empire bit by bit. They are clearly "kinder" options than the Dark Side Sith, but compared to a Light Side Jedi they are still quite sinister.

I like it though, I think it creates for a bit more of a neutral, slightly lawful evil feel.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Light side as Inq seems to be that you are actually doing things that the questgiver might actually like instead of what you like. It's also not electrocuting people left and right. Using the "jedimindtrick" on people seems to be light side while "murder and mayhem awaits" is usually not. They are perhaps not just as "evil" as the dark side options, most of them are still somewhat evil tho.

I've been playing a Lightside Sith Warrior. Your goals still tend to be selfish, power-centric and "evil", but you can still do that while making choices that are honorable, merciful, and compassionate. For instance, NPC so-and-so stands in my way of gaining power? Foil his plans, wipe out his forces, confront him and...kill him, or set free broken and defeated? Dark Side is to kill him, Light Side is to let him live.

It only seems a bit out of place with some of the "We will CRUSH them!" sorts of comments when you're really just going to let them go free after beating them up a bit.

Deleted
    The Empire is all about control and order, only the methods differ.

The light side Empire tends to do this without senseless killing, whereas the dark side Empire tends to kill wantonly and with joyful abandon.

Pick the one you prefer, it really makes a difference especially in certain quests and to your character as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    WTF ?!? They actually call that playing "light side" ?!? Kill a puppy with a gun or a hammer. Oh yeah, some really deep alignment choices right there, I just don't know what to pick.
    Yeah, I'd consider those lightside... one way or another you have to deal with the rebellion for the good of the empire. Going out of your way to gather evidence to blackmail them into standing down instead of outright killing them is the best decision you could make in a bad situation.

Same with the poison one... the slaves are going to die one way or another, by your hand or some evil sadistic bastard, you might as well make it as quick and painless as you can to ease their suffering.

I like the kind of lightside decisions sith make, its not always 100% clear cut, and often its making the best out of a bad situation. Feels more real then the super goody jedi choices.

One of my favorite lightside choices on my sith warrior so far was:

***Massive spoiler***

I was supposed to kill the family of this jedi padawan to draw her out... instead since they were slaves in the republic, I offered to set them up with a really nice living inside the empire, no more being slaves, they'd have money and freedom, I got a mail from them later on saying that they were enjoying their life inside the empire.

The choices like this are cool, because they're still serving your end-purpose, but your going about it in a decidedly not-evil way. The galaxy is still at war, and things need to be done to preserve the way of life of whichever side your on, but there's always the option to go about it with dignity and honor. Like the one guy above said, I've been complimented by Jedi several times for my mercy and compassion.

***End Massive spoiler***
    Last edited by Guaritor; 2011-12-27 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    WTF ?!? They actually call that playing "light side" ?!? Kill a puppy with a gun or a hammer. Oh yeah, some really deep alignment choices right there, I just don't know what to pick.
    Hmm sorry but that's just not true. I play a Darkside Jedi, and the differences between the choices are truly light and day. A few posts above was really the only good example of what light and darkside choices are about (believe it was lindsey). For instance as a Jedi Consular you have the choice to shield Jedi Masters affected by the Dark plague, or to outright kill them.

On a sidenote I see you spread around a lot of SW;TOR hate, but more and more I have the feeling you never even really played the game.

I've been playing my Sith Inquisitor as LS (I'm at lvl 26 and just got to tatooine) and like others have said, there are some good choices for LS. Some of the LS choices are a bit weak and normally Khem does not like them but there are a variety that show weakness but mercy while others show some strength.
    A Spoiler is that Khem does confront you if you do go LS... at least he did for me... basically it is about you being weak as a Sith. Your character responds as saying that strength is in giving mercy. I have had the option of killing people without gaining DS points though if you care to do that.

Overall the LS seems to be the more friendly option and tends to be opposed to whatever the Empire wants and if you choose LS you will make people become farmers instead of killing them, or you will tell people to back down from killing people. There are some good choices but I cannot say that all of them are not evil because I do recall being able to lie to someone despite having made the LS choice so you can also have a little DS touch without the points when you make a LS choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    The Empire is all about control and order, only the methods differ.

The light side Empire tends to do this without senseless killing, whereas the dark side Empire tends to kill wantonly and with joyful abandon.
    ^This

My Sith Jugg is almost pure LS, with some DS choice here and there for the NPCs who deserve it
    Alot of my LS choices are basically-- "Do this or you'll pay the consequences" or "If you f*** this up, you won't see tomorrow."