Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Your favorite video game music

Title says it all. What is your favorite video game music. This can be your favorite music from a game. Favorite game because of music....you know whatevs.

Mine is Chrono Trigger. Ive played that game to death and im still not tired of it. I know the game inside and out and i can tell you which part of the game you are in just from hearing the music. It is my all time favorite game for many reasons, one big one is the music. It is the first game where music really mattered to me as a 12 year old. This game has never faltered in being my number one game from the first time i had to save it, till the period at the end on this post. It will remain my favorite for the foreseeable future.

I will not be adding a poll as that will be a very objective thing with games i think have great music and might cause a stir with some among us.

My favorite video game music is in The legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. It's got some nice melodies and can captures the current mood of the situation really well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should also add that Silent Hill ranks pretty high up for me too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yoko Shimomura makes some of the greatest tracks I've ever heard. Frankly my fave work of hers was Legend of Mana's OST.

Half-Life 2 has some incredible music.

Was playing Bastion today (yay for Steam event getting people to revisit awesome games) and got reminded how awesome that music is. I've been playing through Skyward Sword too, and it's absolutely amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Time Splitter series has had some of the best music I've ever heard. I've kept every single track from each game because of how good it is, and the last time I played one of the games was about 6 years ago.
    Too many classes, too little time. Completionist yet lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywolfe1982 View Post
    Was playing Bastion today (yay for Steam event getting people to revisit awesome games) and got reminded how awesome that music is. I've been playing through Skyward Sword too, and it's absolutely amazing.
    Yeah Bastion is great too. While i like the Zelda franchise for the games as a whole, ive never been too keen on the music. Its good just not my favorite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    The Devil May Cry series has some good music.

Castlevania:Symphony of the Night and the original Silent Hill are the only games whose soundtracks I ever think of when I'm not actively playing them.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Gerudo Valley!

Super Mario 64 - Ultimate Bowser
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgrim Doomhammer View Post
    Super Mario 64 - Ultimate Bowser
    Lol i loved that game back in the day. I havent had as much fun playing any of the re-releases though.

Even though it's brand new, Skyrim's soundtrack is fucking phenomenal.

WoW's music / God Of War music are the best IMO.

Resident Evil 2 has some of the most terrifying musics i have heard in my entire life.

And for pure epicness, Mario Bros with farting hands !

Deleted
    Don't really have an absolute favourite, since I know a number of games with godly OSTs, but Persona 3 FES is definitely one of the very first that crosses my mind when the subject is brought up.

Last edited by mmocfb52ef2acf; 2011-12-26 at 10:48 PM.

Deleted

This music with the lightning storm and stuff will hold a special place in my heart

Deleted
    Metroid Prime, Megaman, Dynasty Warriors, Golden Sun and anything Motoi Sakuraba for that matter, SSB, Kirby, Zelda, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, etc ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Morrowind
    Metal Gear Solid 2
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

WoW's are really good, and The Elder Scrolls have really nice music, but nothing can stand against this phenomenon.

Metroid Prime doesn't only come off as one of my best gaming experiences ever alone for the astounding gameplay. I could just stop and listen to every track, especially this one, it fits perfectly to the fact that you're on a forgotten and tainted world where all civilization has been wiped off, and then you enter this land full of ice and snow, and all of a sudden this calm energy surrounds you, and even though danger lurks on the horizon theres something very peaceful about this land known as Phendrana Drifts. Definately more than a masterpiece, it's the epithome of every good.