Deleted

issues with memory

Basicly when I'm playing this game I run it with everything low. I'm sure it's my memory going off. It is running with 95% use and swtor uses 80% of em.

I've got 4gb ram. Is that the case?
    If I need to link my computer specs, Is there a site that can do it for me _?

i have 8gb and my memory is arround 70% most of the time when playing swotr when im in loading screens my fps go down to 1 and memory to arround 88%(that was the highest). i have no clue what to do to fix it, it may be some "bug" from them.. some technical problem that may get fixed soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fower View Post
    i have 8gb and my memory is arround 70% most of the time when playing swotr when im in loading screens my fps go down to 1 and memory to arround 88%(that was the highest). i have no clue what to do to fix it, it may be some "bug" from them.. some technical problem that may get fixed soon.
    I don't know what changed since Windows XP, but at that time when I cared, 32 bit applications could use only 2 GBs tops.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the rumour mill there's a problem with the planet Taris with a memory leak. If the game's running slowly everywhere it's 90% likely to be your graphics card just isn't up to it. SW demands a lot more of a graphics card than WoW does. WoW likes a beefy cpu and a modest graphics card whereas SW is the other way around.

Without knowing your graphics card and processor we can't help.

when im in loading screens my fps go down to 1
    That's because the game isn't updating the screen. There are more important things to do than change the graphics of a screen that isn't changing. It isn't a bug. Memory usage goes up because it is grabbing the graphics it is going to need for the area you're going to. The old unused graphics will be removed from memory.

Deleted
    Conzar. Any help with a site that can tell me what my specs are?

Or do I have to do it the extremely slow way and find everything and type it in ?

Deleted
    am not sure 100% but im guessing the game is leaking memory, same thing happend on bf3 causing servers to crash due to bad coding, i have i7 6gb ram 2x590s and am usin 85% memory most of the time with low settings and framerates sometimes go down to 10 in built up areas

There is clearly something wrong with the coding, hopefully it will get fixed. Running with a 6870 OC, i5 2500k, 4gb ram. Also experienced alot of random drops in FPS from time to time, and the graphic settings doesnt change a shizzle.