10+ Year Old Account

Legacy question, before I make a new character

Just wondering before I make a new character if the Legacy surname you choose stays with all your characters REGARDLESS of server? I was going to make a character of the opposite faction on a less populated server, but then this question popped into my head, I don't want to have to come up with another surname and whatnot :P
    Watch the weather change...

What's a Legacy surname? sorry I started playing today lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skycaptain View Post
    What's a Legacy surname? sorry I started playing today lol
    When you hit level 30 you get to choose a last name for your character that supposedly appears after the name of all your characters, but I want to know if this works across servers too :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mynta View Post
    When you hit level 30 you get to choose a last name for your character that supposedly appears after the name of all your characters, but I want to know if this works across servers too :/
    Incorrect, it's when you finish Chapter 1 of your class storyline which is usually around that point, but if you get extra levels or you attempt it early due to skipping zone-quests, you won't necessarily be 30.

It's per server, so you'll have to come up with a new surname (or take the one you had previously on your new server if it's available).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Incorrect, it's when you finish Chapter 1 of your class storyline which is usually around that point, but if you get extra levels or you attempt it early due to skipping zone-quests, you won't necessarily be 30.
    Gee thanks for correcting me, but do you actually have an answer to the original question?...

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    It's per server, so you'll have to come up with a new surname (or take the one you had previously on your new server if it's available).
    The above quoted is the correct answer. The Legacy name is per server.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    Darn, thanks anyways.

As far as I've heard, your Legacy surname on a server persists even if you delete all of your characters on that server. Can't confirm or deny, I can't say that I've been driven to delete all of my characters just to test that theory.

Do characters on different factions have different legacy or share one? On the same server ofc. I'm asking because I'm an altaholic and have yet to decide what to play to 50 and my characters are on both sides. I haven't completed chapter 1 on anyone of them yet though.

edit: typos :/

Quote Originally Posted by 10-2 View Post
    Do characters on different factions have different legacy or share one? On the same server ofc. I'm asking because I'm an altaholic and have yet to decide what to play to 50 and my characters are on both sides. Haven't completed chapter 1 on anyone of them yet though.
    Yeah, both Republic and Empire characters share the surname

10+ Year Old Account
    a tad offtopic but... since they have a special character creation legacy feature incoming Soon™ Im totally unable to make any alts in fear of missing out on those :/
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    a tad offtopic but... since they have a special character creation legacy feature incoming Soon™ Im totally unable to make any alts in fear of missing out on those :/
    Yeah, my desire to make any alts is low because I think there are more races coming with Legacy.
    #TeamTinkers

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want the extra XP thing to come out, I'm level 40, got a 33 alt and got my legacy up to 5. I want moar
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE