10+ Year Old Account

Need help with our 2s team (hpally-fdk)

So i got this new 2s team and we are running Holy pally (me) and a frost DK.. we are 1.5k atm and pushing for 2k tonight..

we got a problem tho.. when we come up against warrior Hpally, The matches take about 30min and its happend to us about 5 times now.

Atm the Frost DK is just switching to healer and dps once one of them pops defensive CDs and im HoJ the healer whenever the warrior is low.. but it does nothing and we have a huge match and dont finish untill some1 leaves.

What are some good suggestions we can do?

Thanks guys

Deleted
    The typical response will be; don't play 2s.

Some matchups in 2s are eternal and you can't win ever unless someone lags out, gets tired of it all etc

Grab a 3d, like a warrior for some TSG and bam voila. No more 30 mins matches.

15+ Year Old Account
    yea thats just gonna happen in 2s sometimes, nothing u can really do about it...also u cant complain bc ur comp is one of those teams that makes it last 30-45mins....i play hpally/fdruid in 2s and sometimes we kill the dk's healer in a matter of seconds and the dk will last 30mins or more on his own....

The game is not impossible. You need to coordinate and prepare your cooldowns. Either juke a trinket from the paladin and then you stun him and dk pops cooldowns and you spam exo to the pala or then just stun the paladin while dk has cooldowns on warrior and spam exo to prevent him from critting with heals (WoG especially) to the warr, dk can grip and strangulate the paladin after or before a stun. Prepare to use freedom on your dk when he pops burst cooldowns so that he can't be kited or otherwise prevented from delivering the burst.

go ret for 2s.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    this is the risk you always have to take when going healer in 2v2. The matches will last way longer especially as Hpala because u may not be able to put enough pressure in some cases. Also if your frost DK was any good you could be able to kill their healer pretty fast... but that's another story

Gotta match your CD's very well to get out of that situation. A good suggestion is to have the DK Rope a Dope the Healer. It takes a while, but does work. Have the DK under play a little bit, not enough to die obviosly, but enough to make the HP a tad lazy. Then when you and the DK have your CD's set, hard switch to the HP and burn/CC down. It works.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    So i got this new 2s team and we are running Holy pally (me) and a frost DK.. we are 1.5k atm and pushing for 2k tonight..

we got a problem tho.. when we come up against warrior Hpally, The matches take about 30min and its happend to us about 5 times now.

Atm the Frost DK is just switching to healer and dps once one of them pops defensive CDs and im HoJ the healer whenever the warrior is low.. but it does nothing and we have a huge match and dont finish untill some1 leaves.

Thanks guys
    Honestly there isn't much you can do, some matches will take forever in 2's , that's just the way it works right now. A FDK can kill a holy pally faster than a warr can because of necrotic, assuming he uses his interrupts right. So if their warr goes on your pally then have your dk peel once in a while if needed and get on their pally full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post

Thanks guys
    Try to get a cc chain on the Holy Pally (Hungering Cold -> Strang -> HoJ) and try to kill warrior.

If you can't, hopefully you forced some cds or trinkets and swap to Holy Pally and try to kill him. You should be able to get the Holy Pally low. Get your Holy Pally to HoJ too.

You can't complain about 2s time taking long if you're playing with a healer lol.

As mentioned find a warrior and run TSG man. You'll thank me later when you realize 2s is waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    go ret for 2s.
    ^ This is the best way to go.

Does you're dk have double resi + on use str trinkets? If not get him to get those so one is up for each pillar.

When fighting war /hpal as your comp I don't bother hitting warrior apart from when reck (denounce reck too if you play that spec) is up, I find with warriors defensive cds a hoj+strang on a hpal isn't enough to get the kill and killing holy pallies isn't too difficult.

Few tips
    - Save freedom for imp hamstring
    - When going for kills try to have trinket / bop / ibf / lichborne up. The more the better, obviously this wont always be possible, but warriors can peel dks easily so you need to be able to counter the fear / throwdown / disarm / imp hamstring. I've seen dks waste ibf / lichborne on first throwdowns / intim shouts. When they have no offensive pressure and aren't about to die. Better off using them when the situation is more beneficial.
    - Weapon swap disarms, pretty easy to notice as the warrior has to change stances.
    - Try to hoj / deathgrip -> hungering cold aura mastery.
    - Dont try to interrupt everything, I have played hpals who have juked themselves to death, eventually they get desperate and thats the cast you interrupt. If they're at 100% Health there's no point interrupting them unless you have a huge necrotic stack.

Try to force hpals trinket, then line up pillar hoj strang erw on him. Rinse repeat. If the paladin has trinketed and you have 1min30 on strang, save pillar until then same with hoj, you're better off using everything together than at random times. I just play the cd game, if I force bubble, I tell myself I have 5mins to setup another kill. Same with gaurdian.

Deleted
    with state of warriors now compared to DKs you really should not be losing that matchup at all.

as others said, just get a simple cc chain on the pally once you've stacked a few necrotics, and the warrior will die.