Poll: Which party fits my needs the best?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Except that many of your country's problems come from the fact you only have two parties? You're just going to ignore it? Good idea.
    Please use reading comprehension. I am saying only having two valid parties is a terrible thing.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    just a question... who was in presidency when the japanese bombed Pearl Habor...

FDR you say?

What party was he in?

The democrats you say?

Then what about your argument?

To shreds you say?
    That would be like saying that Abe lincoln would be a republican today. You cannot compare politicians that far apart to the parties they were in, to the parties that exist today :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost don't care anymore, watching the Republican primary race has just boiled down to what flavor of moron you want to run against the moron in chief. I had hopes for a few of the candidates, but they all managed to screw themselves over in some way or another. I'll just stay independent, I would switch to (R) in order to vote in the primaries here, but then I think about it and remember I'm in CA and my presidential vote doesn't matter anyway, we'll be shaded blue again just like we have for as long as I can remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

I'm not from the US, but I'll weigh in here. I didn't answer the poll though, because of that same fact. I don't completely agree with the three major parties here, so I vote for one of the little guys. The more people that do vote with their conscience/heart the more likely it is those small parties will get elected. Voting for the big guys is essentially the same if you're worried about wasting your vote. You're almost guaranteed to never see them win or lose by just the one vote...but the little parties...maybe?
    Last edited by Iyotanka; 2011-12-27 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Please use reading comprehension. I am saying only having two valid parties is a terrible thing.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 12:19 PM ----------

That would be like saying that Abe lincoln would be a republican today. You cannot compare politicians that far apart to the parties they were in, to the parties that exist today :P
    so you say Clinton didnt drop a lot of bombs...?

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Everyone knows only a democrat or republican can get elected, yet I find myself in an awkward position, with no person that supports the same things I do, thus I have no voice as it is literally impossible for one vote to count. Please tell me the closest current candidate I should support, with these modest guidelines:

Pro-choice
    Pro-gun (not "LOL anyone can buy an assault rifle"!; just personal responsibility for ownership, for hunting, for sport)
    Not affiliated with any religion, positive or negative
    Is not completely bought by any corporation; can get elected without financial support from any lobbyist
    Has, in the past 10 years, lived on a household salary of under 100,000$ a year, with everyone involved
    Actually worked a 50+ hour week
    Had to work on at least some holidays in the past 10 years

even with those limited constraints, there is nobody. If I were to cut out half of them, there would still be nobody from one of the two electable political parties.

So where does that leave me? I have no politicians to vote for, and I know many, many other people in the same boat as me. So we vote for the democrat or republican that is the closest to what we want, because we know only they can be elected, screw it if they sold themselves out to a party to get the nomination and sold out half the things I believe in! Only someone that did that can get elected of course!

So what should I vote for in the next presidential election? Republican, Democrat, or should I throw my vote away on someone I really believe in but cannot win?
    OP: Minus the household salary line (which i don't believe any elected official can currently claim to have done), your views appear Libertarian (or close to Libertarian). Vote Republicant if you're views line up Libertarian.
    Although, in my opinion, there isn't much difference between Republicant and Dummycrat these days. The Repubs will give all of your money to the Corps that bought their political position and play the religion / national defense / English is our language card while the Dems will give all of your money to the Poor who voted them in based on social program creation / free money and they typically play the atheist / hippie greenpeace / minority card.

No disrespect meant to either side nor any ideological thought process mentioned, but that's just the reality of the situation.
    So yeah...not much difference between the two. If you work for a living and you don't own a large corporation, you're fucked no matter what happens.

****RON PAUL 2012!!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    so you say Clinton didnt drop a lot of bombs...?
    I had literally nothing to do with saying either party is more of a "warmonger" then the other. That was someone else. Again, please use reading comprehension. Plus, we all know Clinton did that to try to take everyones mind off his sex scandals!

Honestly, this is something you have to figure out for yourself. You need to decide who you want to support regardless of party lines. If you cannot figure it out on your own then honestly your probably are not mature or educated enough to contribute to the politics of this nation. There are more than two political ideologies and none of them are specifically defined by either of the two major parties of this country. Find what is best for you, not what other people tell you to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the current GOP candidates, I'm a democrat.