Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Loot council in LFR?

I was doing LFR on my lock, and I got into a group where 5 people were trying to set up a loot council (no, it wasn't a guild run, 20 ppl were pugs from random servers). We killed morchok and my cunninc of the cruel dropped, and I won it. I was then asked to turn it over to the warlock who was in full PVE gear and pulling almost 37k dps. As I was accepting trade, a thought occured to me. Why are they allowed to just take loot because 5 of them were together and deciding to loot council things? They also ended up with 2 tier tokens from that boss..( a mage and a priest got them). This went on all the way to Hagara - they got almost every piece of gear except that which they did not need, which they rolled out to some of us. It was very demeaning to us because they weren't killing the bosses alone. The 5 of them were discussing who would get what and why...

Long story short, why are 5 people allowed to decide who gets loot in LFR? No, it's not masterlooter, but loot council...still unfair.

A thought occured to me - why did you trade it instead of saying "lol, fuck off, scrubs"?
    inb4 10 pages of discussing OPs sissiness

Why did you hand it over? There was absolutely nothing they could do, to force you to hand it over. At worst they could have attempted a vote kick on you. At which point you could have joined a new lfr raid moments later.

You shouldn't of passed over the loot; Since you allowed them to run it, it went through. Could have easily stopped it by just not passing over loot.

Deleted
    No comment. Can't believe what I just read

<Infracted>
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2011-12-27 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzer View Post
    A thought occured to me - why did you trade it instead of saying "lol, fuck off, scrubs"?
    That.. Seriously I woulda told em to lick me. Why do they get to decide loot? If you won, you won. I don't know why you traded and I hope you're kidding.

LOLOLOLOL Loot council ? tell them to fuck off maybe ?

this is LFR not a Pug/Guild Raid , if they wanna set up loot council nonsense why dont they just do a Normal Pug instead

And seriously , WHY ON EARTH did u trade it to them ?! If you couldn't spit on them why not just leave and queue for another (hopefully another LFR raid with no morons claiming loot council) ?
    Last edited by Gamez; 2011-12-27 at 09:46 AM.

why did you let them take all your gear... its not like you will ever even see them again...

Then a thought occurred to me, this is probably a troll thread...

<Infracted>
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2011-12-27 at 09:56 AM.
    -Awesome sig by Darthne-

Quote Originally Posted by justdroppingby View Post
    No comment. Can't believe what I just read
    Same... -_-

Someone pinch me, is this a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsandheals View Post
    As I was accepting trade, a thought occured to me.
    Oh thy lovely LFr with its awesome players who only thinks after doing something I would love to get in to a group of players who willingly give items away, unfortunately most people aren't that kind
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzer View Post
    This a million times over. Why did you let those 5 people tell you what to do? For fear of getting kicked or something? Oh boy, waiting in queue another ten minutes is totally not worth a piece of fairly rolled for piece of gear!

Next time, if it happens again, tell them to kiss your ass. You just let yourself get bullied, bro.

You have inspired me to run a Loot council run. Just the knowledge that people like you out there are just itching to have random people come along and steal you blind just makes me smile. Come on server reset daddy needs new shoulders and weapons.

You are a weak fool and deserved to get suckered into handing your loot over.

Deleted
    Long story short, why are 5 people allowed to decide who gets loot in LFR? No, it's not masterlooter, but loot council...still unfair.
    Because you let them is the simple answer. Unless you have made your story terribly unclear the game was still rolling using the default roll system. In that case the people counselling off the loot had only as much power as the other 20 people gave them. So if you really did as a group decide to let these 5 people take all your loot based on nothing more than them deciding you should give it all to them and you listened, well then you really have nothing to complain about.

It wasn't just me, it was everyone giving them loot. They were full PVE gear, some of us were in PVP gear so this was some of the reasoning they used. I'm trying to get into PVE but I'm gonna have to wait an extra week. I coulda not traded them but there was 5 people claiming loot council was going to be used in that run, and then one person who wasnt even in their "group" claiming its LC too. We felt helpless against the "mob mentality" and I didn't want to wait 30 minutes of the vote kick timer/deserter thing. I do regret doing it now, but I'm not sure if this is the norm now or what (more geared ppl taking gear in LFR via pressuring others)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Someone pinch me, is this a dream
    Or is this just fantasy?
    Stuck in a landslide, no escape from reality.

OT: this had better be a troll thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    OT: this had better be a troll thread.
    Oh how I wish it would

It wasn't just me, it was everyone giving them loot. They were full PVE gear, some of us were in PVP gear so this was some of the reasoning they used. I'm trying to get into PVE but I'm gonna have to wait an extra week. I coulda not traded them but there was 5 people claiming loot council was going to be used in that run, and then one person who wasnt even in their "group" claiming its LC too. We felt helpless against the "mob mentality" and I didn't want to wait 30 minutes of the vote kick timer/deserter thing. I do regret doing it now, but I'm not sure if this is the norm now or what (more geared ppl taking gear in LFR via pressuring others)
    <snip>

Infracted for posting a meme - Wilderness
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2011-12-27 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, I wish this were true, since it seems fairer than even need/greed. And Cunning is just as good for any lock/sp as it is for you.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those guys doing that to you were awesome... And dicks, but awesome nonetheless. Getting it done that 20 other people pass loot to the five of them.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)