Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadard View Post
    why did you let them take all your gear... its not like you will ever even see them again...

Then a thought occurred to me, this is probably a troll thread...

<Infracted>
    So wait, why on earth did the above poster get infracted? For using too many tripple dots?
    Cyclist. 175cm, 59kg. I generally spend 30% of my time working out, 40% on my education, 5% eating, and 25% doing other things.

"Is man one of God’s blunders? Or is God one of man’s blunders?"

Deleted
    A better question would be why give it to them? Your not obliged to give them anything.

On a side note I too am not sure if this is a serious thread or just a troll.

People like that have no power save that which you give them.

Ignore them, and if they're making it too unbearable just leave. It's not the norm, and even if people try to make it so there's no possible way such a thing could be done fairly in a pug situation.

Peer pressure is absurd to begin with, but these are people you're never going to see again. If you feel like they're pressuring you, that's a good sign you should just get out of there.

(For the record: All of the worst LFR runs I've been in have been 7-12 guild members forming a "core" of the group. It's getting to the point where I'd rather see a full pug, or people just joining in 2s or 3s.)

15+ Year Old Account
    I would have LOL to them and if kicked get another group.

I mean loot council in LFR? .. you gotta be kiddin me.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I gotta try this next time I go LFR. If it works, I'll shit bricks.
    Cyclist. 175cm, 59kg. I generally spend 30% of my time working out, 40% on my education, 5% eating, and 25% doing other things.

"Is man one of God’s blunders? Or is God one of man’s blunders?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cosima View Post
    So wait, why on earth did the above poster get infracted? For using too many tripple dots?
    According to the red card, "trolling."

I won't say any more, lest I violate the forum rules.

So instead of locking an obvious troll thread the people calling it out get banned?

How can this be anything other than a bad troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't have ANY power over the loot. Whatsoever. Just because you all gave these random five players all the loot they wanted just shows that those 20 do not have the mental power to tell them to piss off and to leave the loot in the hands of the roll winners. But there is nothing you can do now.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    So instead of locking an obvious troll thread the people calling it out get banned?

How can this be anything other than a bad troll.
    Posting for the sake of calling a person or a thread a troll is against the forum rules.

It is possible that the thread is legitimate; I have seen such attempts myself, though I have never seen them be anywhere near successful. Hence, the people "calling it out" are the ones being infracted (note: not banned, infracted. Both were 5 point infractions, which will not trigger a ban on an account with no other infractions).

Deleted
    Mob mentality does not equal 5 people when there's 20 others opposing it. Why didn't you guys just kick THEM? Who can kick faster, 20 people kicking 5 people or 5 people kicking 20 people? Obvious answer..

This is a troll right? How can people willingly give up their loot to 5 random people just because they say so? Where do the rest of you guys live, in the 16th century? Clearly it's somewhere where feudalism seems like a great idea otherwise you wouldn't have been stupid enough to allow the 5 people to take all your loot.

And no this never happens in LFR. It only happened in your group because people allowed it to happen. I've no idea how because allowing these 5 people to dictate to you who got the loot went COMPLETELY against your interests, as well as the interests of the group as a whole. So yes, your group must have been exceedingly stupid to allow it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsandheals View Post
    It wasn't just me, it was everyone giving them loot. They were full PVE gear, some of us were in PVP gear so this was some of the reasoning they used. I'm trying to get into PVE but I'm gonna have to wait an extra week. I coulda not traded them but there was 5 people claiming loot council was going to be used in that run, and then one person who wasnt even in their "group" claiming its LC too. We felt helpless against the "mob mentality" and I didn't want to wait 30 minutes of the vote kick timer/deserter thing. I do regret doing it now, but I'm not sure if this is the norm now or what (more geared ppl taking gear in LFR via pressuring others)
    I feel sorry for you... Next time don't get trapped like that, really :/

Deleted
    Why would you even stay in LFR if you're not getting any loot from the bosses anyway? That's just pointless. If you get loot from 1st boss and get kicked so what? You've still gained more than you would have if you had stayed for all 4 bosses with that group... Because if you had stayed you would've had to trade all your loot to them. You can re-queue you know, and do the other 3 bosses in the wing...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Tbh, I wish this were true, since it seems fairer than even need/greed. And Cunning is just as good for any lock/sp as it is for you.
    Did I read this right? You wish LFR was set up as Loot Council instead of the current Need/Greed system? Because "it seems fairer"?

That is complete and utter madness.

The current system may have it's faults, but the roll system is a damned sight fairer than having a complete asshat decide that you don't get loot because they think they are better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadard View Post
    why did you let them take all your gear... its not like you will ever even see them again...<Infracted>
    That's it! That's the fundamental problem of both the LFD and the LFR! After a couple of years of this system we've been conditioned to think that we will not meet these people ever again, hence we can act like complete idiots, steal loot etc. We're all aware of the fact that we are playing a MMORPG -- WoW was always based on being a community and working with each other towards something; now it's only about the loot, and even worse, [most people] take the system as if they can get away with anything, because "You will not meet those people ever again." It's a sick and cruel excuse for being a bad, selfish and fake player.
    Last edited by Kynario; 2011-12-27 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Typo.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

What possible reason could anyone from outside of the said "loot council" possibly have for going along with the rouse? What a ridiculous story. Was the "loot council" EVER going to give loot to you? No? Then why the fuck would you give loot to them? Lol.

K if this happens just ignore them

If they THREATEN you then REPORT THEM

god i wish i was in that group i wouldve told them to stick there loot council up there arse

tbh you may have a case for scamming report them to a GM you may be able to get some justice if not then see this as a learning experience not to trust people in LFR
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2011-12-27 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsandheals View Post
    It wasn't just me, it was everyone giving them loot. They were full PVE gear, some of us were in PVP gear so this was some of the reasoning they used. I'm trying to get into PVE but I'm gonna have to wait an extra week. I coulda not traded them but there was 5 people claiming loot council was going to be used in that run, and then one person who wasnt even in their "group" claiming its LC too. We felt helpless against the "mob mentality" and I didn't want to wait 30 minutes of the vote kick timer/deserter thing. I do regret doing it now, but I'm not sure if this is the norm now or what (more geared ppl taking gear in LFR via pressuring others)
    LFR has been set up for people to get equal opportunities to get loot... if people are trying to control this, then you should seriously tell them to get lost, yes, you can be kicked, but thats better then not getting your loot that you won fairly...

Theres one thing i know, though, and that is if you had of kept the loot and been kicked, they couldnt have ticketed it and called you a ninja because lfr is meant to be need before greed, nothing else.

why on earth would you even consider giving them anything you won.....

i would have rallied the other 20 people and proceeded to vote kick each one.

bad troll

Deleted
    There's not a chance this topic is serious. It just...It can't be...What the hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just given them the finger & not trade em the item you won. If they kick me, so be it. I'll just re-Q.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.