Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You got trolled. I would never trade loot to some PUG who was asking for it in LFR if I deemed I won it fair and square. Hell, I would take anything I could get my hands on, then if someone takes something I want and I have something they want, we can just trade it. That's why the trade window is called a trade window. It's for trading, not giving.

Deleted
    You don't get deserter after killing a boss if you leave, heck I'm not even sure you can get deserter at all in LFR. Your post is almost hard to believe, can 20 people really be THAT gullible? I would have taken the item, said "Merry christmas, now fuck you", and left.

Deleted
    You did right when you gave those items.

If you see characters that are at my signature, remember that their owner has full pve gear and deserves all loot you get, or me and my posse will mob mental you so badly.

Well maybe you get those items another week...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotsandheals View Post
    We killed morchok and my cunninc of the cruel dropped, and I won it. I was then asked to turn it over to the warlock who was in full PVE gear and pulling almost 37k dps. As I was accepting trade, a thought occured to me. Why are they allowed to just take loot because 5 of them were together and deciding to loot council things?
    Sorry, but why did you hand out the loot YOU WON? Either you are dumb ore just try to troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohlomg View Post
    /use NAMEOFTRINKET
    /cast recklesness
    /cast charge
    /gquit
    /cast mortal strike
    /cast bladestorm

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

They must have had hypnotic powers that work over the internetz

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    They must have had hypnotic powers that work over the internetz
    I'm thinking that perhaps those 5 where from some top guild, the amount of brown nosing people will do around those are sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    I'm thinking that perhaps those 5 where from some top guild, the amount of brown nosing people will do around those are sickening.
    That hits why they tried that, but not how they succeeded

i sincerely hope i get in LFR runs with the OP

so i can convince him to give me the loot that i clearly need more than him

XD

Deleted
    I really dont belive this is a troll thread, last week after reading a similar thread where people gets whispers about giving the loot they won for whatever reasons.
    I've tried it and yes, ppl are that kind/stupid/uninformed that they do hand shit over from time to time, won 2 tiers that way :P
    Why do i do it ? Cause worst case, it cost me 10 seconds and being told no, best case, i get gear :P

Deleted
    I laughed so hard. This better be a troll.

OnT: Five people in LFR are not allowed to decide who gets loot. Why did you even agree to trading the item?

As I was accepting trade
    Well HOWDYYYYYY HOWJ! I got this WONDERFUL deal for you! We will run a LFR/normal/hc and you won't get any loot at all! If you win, you give it to me! Why? Cause i say so!

It's been said already:
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzer View Post
    A thought occured to me - why did you trade it instead of saying "lol, fuck off, scrubs"?
    inb4 10 pages of discussing OPs sissiness
    Lol fuck off, it's my loot and that's that, RNG decided you won. Leave LFR and join again.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

smh....I'd tell them to fuck off and die. Its LFR not a damn server pug for normal modes.

What makes things worse is that the self-proclaimed Loot Council only considered themselves for loot distribution. Had it been proper LC, and had everyone agreed to it, perhaps it could work (although odds are that it wouldn't, anyway, as it happens with all pugs).
    However, it wasn't - far from a LC, they were mere bullies and thieves. And you let them get away with it.

Bottom line - Play smarter next time. Not greedy, only smart. And well, if this was trolling, its a decent horror story I guess

Its possible to set master looter in LFR if you join as full 25man raid group.

But council loot with random lfr pugs, when people actually agree to pass loot to someone? I can't believe someone can be THAT stupid honestly

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are absolutly not allowed to do that.. Unless everyone else allows them too x_x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Posting for the sake of calling a person or a thread a troll is against the forum rules.

It is possible that the thread is legitimate; I have seen such attempts myself, though I have never seen them be anywhere near successful. Hence, the people "calling it out" are the ones being infracted (note: not banned, infracted. Both were 5 point infractions, which will not trigger a ban on an account with no other infractions).
    This guy is correct. Even in an obvious case of trolling, its still against the forum rules to call people trolls. Just report them and move on.

I definitely see what you guys see in that this could very easily be a troll post - but it could also be genuine because people do sometimes feel pressured to do or act a certain way in pugs if other people are all saying that's how it should be.

The bottom line though is that LFR is open to everyone and so is the loot that you win. You do not ever have to give it to anyone and can report someone if they are harassing you about it. Particularly in this case with just 5 people being from the same guild it seems rather hard to believe that others would get on board with that or that the OP actually traded away loot he won because of it, but if its true then all I can say is that you need to stand up for yourself and that getting kicked from a group (if it actually came to that when you didn't trade it) is far from the end of the world. I'd rather have a good drop and deal with a deserter debuff than give it up just to stay in a run like that.

CAUSE:

my cunninc of the cruel dropped, and I won it. I was then asked to turn it over to the warlock who was in full PVE gear and pulling almost 37k dps. As I was accepting trade
    EFFECT:

allowed to just take loot because 5 of them were together and deciding to loot council things?
    The ONLY person you can ask this question to is yourself. The only person who allowed it was you. You would have your fairly won trinket if you didn't trade it for no reason.

Stop blaming others for your mistake.

They are allowed to because you let them. You decided to empower them with the ability to decide who got what gear. Ppl take loot way to seriously in LFR, good and bad players in there or however you want to classify ppl in the raid are all getting free loot. You sit and wait in a raid of 25 for 30 minutes and you will see 4 bosses drop random items. It could be easily argued that nobody deserves loot from there the 8k dpsers or the 70ks. LFR is easier then any 5 man dungeon and gives some of the best gear in the game its a joke. Its just a form of WoW loot lotery if you win super if you dont try again.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonty303 View Post
    Did I read this right? You wish LFR was set up as Loot Council instead of the current Need/Greed system? Because "it seems fairer"?

That is complete and utter madness.

The current system may have it's faults, but the roll system is a damned sight fairer than having a complete asshat decide that you don't get loot because they think they are better than you.
    Let's see you losing a roll as a hunter to a warrior that needed on a bow, or to a random deeps that pulled trash while fighting Morchok, or to etc etc etc
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.