Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The servers seem pretty populated at the minute, which is all the information i need.

Only problem with this game is the customer service, other than that it's stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlueAri View Post
    Yeh its only a free month if you subscribe. But its still a free month. You cant say it isnt a free month because its a free month....
    And you can't say it's a free month, if you had to subscribe to get it...
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizark View Post
    Uh what? An active account is one that can currently be played on. This means that one-million people are capable of logging onto the servers to play the game. There is nothing hidden here, they tell you exactly what it is. A guess you can argue that an active account isn't a subscribed account...primarily because right now no one has paid a subscription fee because they are on their free month and won't be charged until 30 days after their registration day.
    Every company does it. Blizzard does it extremely well. I actually wrote it wrong. They actually said 'registered accounts'. No solid number.

Good quote here. What companies do.

Using "Registered Users" or "Registered Players" instead of actual sales numbers. "We have over 1 million registered accounts!" which anyone can, in fact, include free registrations, forum user registrations, demo users, and beta players. Plus, any number of other definitions for "Subscribers", "Users", or "Registered Players".

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just hit 50 and there is an overwhelming amount of endgame atm. its crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    The replay value is fantastic. Making alts has never been so good, and there is a large amount of endgame flashpoints for PVE content (as well as the operations/raids) and a big PVP grind for the PVPers.
    Really? To me great replay with alts means being able to start them in different places and experience completely different paths. That could be as simple as taking your Wood Elf Ranger to another continent and starting your life among Dwarves. It's a cornerstone of roleplaying, and while TOR is a great game to play, it doesn't feel much like a roleplaying game in that sense: You are what you're given, and the closest to freedom you get is choosing whether to go to planet A or planet B next.

That might sound a bit more cynical than I mean it to be, but I do think a lot of the responsibility for this is because the game has been designed around selling the "Star Wars Experience" rather than designed around an MMO Experience. It does the former very well, but the latter is, well, it's very well hidden if it's there.

(Can't comment on PVP!)

According to the official http://twitter.com/swtor they reached over 1,000,000 registered players on the 23 december. Since a lot of kids probably got the game as Christmas gift and a few more have bought it to them self by now. I think we can presume they have about 1.2 - 1.5 million registered players now.

Quote Originally Posted by Minisynn View Post
    The servers seem pretty populated at the minute, which is all the information i need.

Only problem with this game is the customer service, other than that it's stunning.
    New toy syndrome + Server Avoidance PR on EA's end. It is an alright game, but I haven't played all week. I still would count as a sub now even if I forgot to pick it up again for a few months. Steam game sales are distracting me. Second, EA is trying to maximize the population per server by holding back servers when other games might be tempted to open more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ater View Post
    According to the official http://twitter.com/swtor they reached over 1,000,000 registered players on the 23 december. Since a lot of kids probably got the game as Christmas gift and a few more have bought it to them self by now. I think we can presume they have about 1.2 - 1.5 million registered players now.

'registered players' does not mean ' paying subscribers'

I heard they have <insertrandomnumber> of subs now.

So meaningless... why does no one post any form of source? Hearsay is just that, hearsay, it means nothing. You may as well make up some numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Crookers View Post
    well considering that 'in the know' people were claiming 6 million US pre-orders, 1 million is a little south of where I expected them to be
    Well if we're going off the wall with idiots then I've also seen many a moron claim that the early release was so bad that everyone would be sick of it and cancel their preorders. "Won't even reach 250k." I hate to insult these people, but claiming 6 million at launch is just asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    And you can't say it's a free month, if you had to subscribe to get it...
    Enter credit card info, cancel subscription. Month is now free. You do not get charged until your active game time is up just like every other recurring subscription. At most you'll get charged a 1$ fee that gets refunded back to your card to check that it is valid. Unless you're an idiot, especially the kind that didn't realize that every MMO(at least the ones I've played) has done this exact same thing and decided to get butt hurt at ToR/EA for it while giving everyone else a pass. I mean come on I was a 12 year old playing SWG and I was able to get the concept so I'd hope that reasonably intelligent adults would be able to.

If you really wanted to be pedantic you should argue that you paid through it via the purchase of the game not that you pay for it by "entering" your information. Either way love or hate the game this getting brought up constantly is getting old.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2011-12-27 at 12:18 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

its not important how many subs ToR has ...but how many will keep in 3 or 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    Every company does it. Blizzard does it extremely well.
    Blizzard don't mess with the numbers at all, their definition of active subscribers is probably the most honest around. Then again, it's easy to be honest when you're eating everyone else's lunch.
    World of Warcraft® subscribers include individuals who have paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access. Internet Game Room players who have accessed the game over the last thirty days are also counted as subscribers. The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions, expired or cancelled subscriptions, and expired prepaid cards. Subscribers in licensees’ territories are defined along the same rules.
    Basically if you have an active subscription or, where appropriate, have paid for game time in the last 30 days then you're counted as active, everyone else is considered inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    I haven't been charged (on any of my 3 accounts that I set up for me and other members of my family). It must be a mistake that you were charged.
    Well not everyone has a cc either, in my country its not very common and you pay quite a large fee to have one (8euros a month, unless you spend more then 500euro i think it was). That would add up pretty fast, so most people had to buy gametime cards. Hence why, when i went out thursday, 3 shops were sold out and the 4th had only 1 left. Even online stores are sold out.

But that meant i had to PAY for 2 more months of subscription to get my FREE 30days. I went over the box several times and all it says is, and i quote
    30-day subscription included with purchase
    . When in reality, it was not. I had to set up a subscription, and only under certain circumstances would i not directly have to pay for more months. Altough even a cc is no guarentee you wont be charged.
    If you do not offer 30 days subscription then do not advertise with it. Or warn on the box that i had to pay for another 2 months just to play the game.

Imagine if you will, the average 17 year old. He/she does not have a creditcard (atleast, not here), he/she goes to the store to buy the game and reads it comes with a 30day subscription. "Sweet, i can play for 30 days and just try it out", the customer goes home, installs, patches, registers and all that. And poof, is prompted that he/she doesnt have an active subscription. After a while of searching whats going on, because something must be wrong as the box said it had a 30day subscription included, the customer finds out how it works.
    Now he/she has to go back to that store to buy a gametime card (an extra 28euros spend) to even play. And is now stuck with the game for 3 months. And you cant return the game anymore, because you already redeemed the code and everything.

How can people just disregard this? It was false advertising and alot of people did not know. And dont feed me the "But alot of companies do this"-crap. Because thats not an excuse, this is a very unfriendly situation for customers. Im not worried about me, because ill play plenty so i dont mind. But i can imagine how alot of people would not be so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Geek View Post
    Blizzard don't mess with the numbers at all, their definition of active subscribers is probably the most honest around. Then again, it's easy to be honest when you're eating everyone else's lunch.

Basically if you have an active subscription or, where appropriate, have paid for game time in the last 30 days then you're counted as active, everyone else is considered inactive.
    Also hard to say different since it'd be illegal for them to lie about it, Blizzard that is.

i havent been charged

because i used on of those visa gift cards with only a couple bucks left on it. they can have the $2 if they want, i dont mind :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    'registered players' does not mean ' paying subscribers'
    This. In conclusion, even the ''official announcement'' is only a source of speculation with regard to subs. Hardly the 6 million that were claimed to be in from the US. Sligtly interested to see how the population changes, if it grows EA might even add in some of the content that's been promised ''Someday''.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    But that meant i had to PAY for 2 more months of subscription to get my FREE 30days. I went over the box several times and all it says is, and i quote . When in reality, it was not. I had to set up a subscription, and only under certain circumstances would i not directly have to pay for more months. Altough even a cc is no guarentee you wont be charged.
    Every P2P game I've ever played does that. WoW does that also. It's not really the problem of the company that you don't have a credit card.My credit card was not charged when i set up a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
    whats annoying is the 30 days FREE swtor isnt - you have to pay your next month subs before they give you anything free (my visa debit card has been charged)

total f`ing joke.
    except they dont charge your card straight away, so just cancel your subscription straight away.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    There is no way it is anywhere near 4million. The queue sizes would be increasing still, instead of decreasing.
    Unless they're adding more servers... oh wait! They are!

Moron.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    Numbers wont go up no.

I predicted it wouldnt go over 2.5 million. I was right even though everyone on these forums were going "blah blah blah, will be the biggest MMO ever blah blah blah".

Now i predict that after the third month will see a steady decline of subs. I will be right again !!!!!

Yes i am enjoying my time tyvm for asking <3

Btw i really enjoy SW i think its ok, but only that. Ok. Never in a million years can it replace WoW.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 12:47 PM ----------

Good Luck finding an easy way to cancel.

I havnt found a single option on the website to cancel.

I guess its phone up only. Which will probably be charged at a premium rate cost.

The "free month" system is a scam.
    Your head is so far up your ass that it made me cringe.

You're either blind or lack the mental aptitude to navigate a website. I found the cancellation options within the first 1 minute of logging into the website.

And, um.... I'm sorry, but the fact that you think that anyone would use a 900 number for a cancellation line should speak to your inexcusable and absolute stupidity.
    Last edited by tORbeatsLFR; 2011-12-27 at 12:52 PM.