Deleted

Tell me about raiding

So is anyone of u already raiding?
    Can u compare that to wow raiding?
    If u miss 1 player and you have a really good companion, can u replace him with a companion?
    I mean maybe it can't be really smart with cc and other but for example as healer should be ok.

What is the raid composition like?
    2 tanks 2 healers 4 dps?

Deleted
    Irae AOD has been posting a lot on hard mode operations, I think you can read on their site. They said it was great fun and well tuned content.

EDIT: no companions cannot do operations. They can not even be used for the 50 flashpoints as those are not faceroll and are harder than WoW heroic dungeons.
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2011-12-27 at 11:35 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you can't use companions in Operations at all. For difficulty, I can't answer. Only 43 so far.

I've cleared EV on normal, so maybe I can provide a little insight.

Eternity Vault normal mode isn't very difficult, and the mechanics are mostly simple. I believe this is largely due to the current lack of addons (I doubt an addon-free game will exist very long).

I've also done some of the hardmodes (Irae AoD has done most of the nightmare mode, which is different from hard. There are 3 levels of difficulty) and we've only done it on 8man so far while we wait for the last 1 or 2 to hit 50.

The hardmodes are actually a little challenging, but mainly because of the enrage timer, and being that most of our guild only recently hit 50, it's more that they don't have any gear at all.

We used 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 4 DPS. Although 2-3 of the fights really only need 1 tank, at least on normal/hard.

You can't use companions.

Edit: Doing EV was actually better than what I expected, i.e., it's not completely tank and spank. It made me feel like BioWare understands what sort of things people want to see in raids, and what sort of complexity they're trying to shoot for. I think that BioWare will certainly end up making some nice raids, because they've shown with the first tier that they at least are on the right path.
    Last edited by The Acrimony; 2011-12-27 at 11:42 AM.

Deleted
    the first raid on normal difficulty is just stupid....imagine LFR but even easier and thats the difficulty level, no gear requirements to start raiding either, you can walk into EV the second you hit level 50 and clear the place.

Deleted
    The introductory raid first tier in normal difficulty should be quite easy tbh.

Hardmodes and nightmare modes are there for experienced raiders, and nightmare mode is apparently very good, difficult and fun for Rag Heroic type raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    the first raid on normal difficulty is just stupid....imagine LFR but even easier and thats the difficulty level, no gear requirements to start raiding either, you can walk into EV the second you hit level 50 and clear the place.
    I do believe that was what they intended to do with normal raids, and is the primary reason why they have 3 difficulty levels of raids.

My understanding is that was the design. Hit 50 and do EZ mode.

Just curious, why did you do EZ mode then complain it was too easy?
    "Peace is a lie"

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I belive that's what they were shooting for. A LFR tier. Calling it stupid doesn't justify anything, at all. Crank up the difficulty if you think the easy mode is too easy. Gaming 101.

Deleted
    Nice, 3 levels, everybody should be happy.
    I really cant wait to see the raid mechanics, is there anything fun u can use in the enviroment with your crew skills as in the the flashpoints?

10+ Year Old Account
    This was the design goal of BioWare. They stated that before the game got released, that normal mode raids are meant to be accessible by people who just dinged 50.

Deleted
    The raid content was cleared on the hardest difficulty 5 days after official release, it's 'very' easy to most people, people have their own taste though in what they consider fun end game:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Batistarama View Post
    The raid content was cleared on the hardest difficulty 5 days after official release, it's 'very' easy to most people, people have their own taste though in what they consider fun end game:

Is that a 24 men raid frame?
    Why 24?

Quote Originally Posted by Batistarama View Post
    I hate saying this but I will. Have you cleared the hardest difficulty? Or are you referring to the guild that was in beta and tested the content for Bioware? Why is content considered EZ when semi-pro players who tested the encounters in beta kill something. Why isn't it measured by the success of the person posted that it is EZ?
    "Peace is a lie"