Another weapon thread

I vaguely remember a discussion about H-Experimental Specimen Slicer vs 403 Gurthalak but for the life of me I can't find it now so forgive this inane thread. From what I recall Gurthalak was stronger if RNG favored you, but weaker if not, is that still the case a few weeks later when more testing can be done? As someone who raids 10s I'd like to get this worked out before H-ESS drops since we might only see it once the entire tier and I'd hate to pass it our OT as a gesture of good will if it is in fact significantly better than Gurthalak. Should be noted that I am a human so the expertise is a factor albeit a small one.

Thanks in advance.

Wisconsin, USA
    Definitely pick it up, as the increased weapon damage puts it ahead of Gurthalak (with average procs), and is also a great OH weapon for when you need it for fury.

Figured as much, thanks.

Normal Gurthalak should be stronger on average than HM Experimental Specimen Slicer. On AOE fights it should be significantly stronger. RNG is a factor of cause - the shorter the fight, the bigger the gamble on getting good procs with Gurth becomes.