Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    While what you say may be true, the screaming people always make themselves known, and speak only for themselves.

It's like saying "First you want attunements gone, now you want them back make up your mind" in response to threads complaining about both on the forums. Odds are they're made by different people, yet some insist that it's proof you cannot please anyone.... when all it proves is that in a game with this many subscribers, people are going to want different things and it is in fact impossible to please everyone.

I've seen very little loot drama in my LFR runs, and that which I have seen has been almost entirely caused by guild groups trying to get everyone else to pass to them.

Edit: In short, you may be right, but you've provided no evidence to support your position other than what you've seen in LFR so far.
    What can be seen in LFR has been consistent across SEVERAL realms and among SEVERAL people. Isnt the old phrase "the majority wins" in line here? IE: if the majority sees this as what people really want out of LFR then thats what it is. Because truth be told, we all know thats what the "casuals" really wanted. Loot.

This whole game is practically about loot, this isn't something entirely shocking that people only want teh lewts. The whole "we want to see content like them" really was " we want purples like them".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, the main things that every single person wants who ever raids is either 1) challenge or 2) loot. That isn't an exclusive LFR thing at all. People who want to actually learn from LFR mechanics wise will learn from them. If they don't, they will get loot and not progress beyond LFR. How does that influence you and your guild in any way, at all? Everyone who reads these forums, let alone posts in them, is a minority in WoW. I'm fairly confident that LFR is a pretty decent success, buggy or not due to its huge popularity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that I can see the content. I really enjoy the LFR-experience. Oh and I also need on everything because I can. Haters gonna hate.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

It should have been quite obvious long long before LFR that loot is the priority for folks doing much of anything in this game. It's the solitary carrot on the stick that keeps folks farming content long after it's stopped being remotely entertaining (which in my experience is about 2 full clears, generally)

I'm in a raiding guild; however we have non-raider members (mostly family members, some friends, etc) who are absolutely elated when they get to run LFR with us, because otherwise the only interaction they have with us is in guildchat and on our forums (rarely a 5-player because we rarely need to run them to cap out on vp). I run LFR mostly for tier, but I save my runs for when we do them as a guild so I can hang out with our non-raider members.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What can be seen in LFR has been consistent across SEVERAL realms and among SEVERAL people. Isnt the old phrase "the majority wins" in line here? IE: if the majority sees this as what people really want out of LFR then thats what it is. Because truth be told, we all know thats what the "casuals" really wanted. Loot.
    Because "SEVERAL" people in your anecdotal experience constitutes a supermajority, right ? You're a joke.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    I've done LFR because i don't get online at the right time to attend guild raids, so i've done it to experience Current tier content at the correct time.. Last night on my lock for the first time ever i ran through Ulduar to do the achievements, however although we rushed through it, i was in awe at the whole layout and design of the raid and can see why people said that it was one of the best designed raids blizz have made in warcraft..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'm in a raiding guild; however we have non-raider members (mostly family members, some friends, etc) who are absolutely elated when they get to run LFR with us, because otherwise the only interaction they have with us is in guildchat and on our forums (rarely a 5-player because we rarely need to run them to cap out on vp). I run LFR mostly for tier, but I save my runs for when we do them as a guild so I can hang out with our non-raider members.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 08:12 PM ----------

Because "SEVERAL" people in your anecdotal experience constitutes a supermajority, right ? You're a joke.
    Are you blind? You dont have to go very far to see how much people are just in it for the loot. Stop being naive and open your eyes.

Deleted
    wow is dying !
    i played 6 years !
    now im leaving for star wars ! its way better

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    You do LFR once to see the content if you can't do it on normal, the only other reason to run it is for loot.

But yeah, people raid for different reasons, one of those reasons is definitely loot.
    Loot is nice but even if I don't need loot or valor points from 5man heroics I still do them every now and then just for fun, pretty sure I will still do the same for LFR. It's possible to do something just for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Its supposed to be a casual raiding experience, that happens to drop lower quality loot than normal mode.

Working as intended

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course loot is part or even all of the reason people do LFR. They may be interested in just doing the fights the first or second time, but after that its simply for the loot, which really isn't surprising or unexpected.

However, we have too many LFR threads popping up so let's keep the discussion on LFR confined to http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ssive-Success/