Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Maybe MMO Champion will expand the SWTOR section with some raiding and PVP subsections for example, that is up to them.

No doubt the huge success this game is already enjoying and the upward trend would suggest this would be the ideal time to prioritise SWTOR to keep MMO-Champion being a highly active site.

swtor forums have 2200 odd viewers while servers are down, wow forums (including sub forums) have 2176 viewers while servers are active ....

Quote Originally Posted by Fannyd View Post
    He'll consider structuring the forum a bit?
    It's not exactly asking for much, is it. If anything it would just reduce a lot of the double posts that are currently occurring, freeing up moderator time
    Agreed. I mean it isn't like it is hard. I make sub forums on my sites.

And as others have said, this is a WoW site, BUT as a business owner who profits off of traffic and advertising, you would never tell your client to go to Darthhater. You want them to stay right here.
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Agreed. I mean it isn't like it is hard. I make sub forums on my sites.

And as others have said, this is a WoW site, BUT as a business owner who profits off of traffic and advertising, you would never tell your client to go to Darthhater. You want them to stay right here.
    Except Darth Hater is owned by the same people who own MMO-C so the profit is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    And when that happens you can laugh all you like.

But right now I'm laughing at the people demanding a site get restructured to suit their game because there's a lot of people on this site when the game is offline.
    It's not asking for a "full site restructure", just to add a little bit of forum structure into an area which is already VERY popular.

Except Darth Hater is owned by the same people who own MMO-C so the profit is the same.
    Which is why they won't expand the SWTOR subforum on MMO-Champion.

This was posted right here a few weeks ago.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    swtor forums have 2200 odd viewers while servers are down, wow forums (including sub forums) have 2176 viewers while servers are active ....
    You talking about non wow forums too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    In before thread close.

MMO-C is a WoW site. The fact that it even has a SWTOR subforum already is a privilege by Boubouille's good graces, and moderators have said that many times.
    This, DH forums are not very active and it's heavily moderated and very restrictive in topics.

It's not asking for a "full site restructure", just to add a little bit of forum structure into an area which is already VERY popular.
    Nor did I say "full site restructure".

But I did point out how flimsy your reasoning was.

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    yea the admin must hate all the traffic hes getting for swtor... im sure he wont capitalize on that........
    Getting unwanted traffic from people who are only interested in SWTOR to a WoW dedicated site is kinda stupid, don't you think?
    You are confusing MMO-C with a retail store. The purpose of this site is to attract and inform players interested in WoW, not sell stuff to you.

Wow does not have 4.3 mil, since that appears to be a number you conjured up out of thin air. The number is about 1.2 or 1.1 million. And that was before Swtor launched (but also coincided with Christmas break, which gives people a reason to re-up, so those factors might have cancelled each other out..)

Ahh that is not always true. By letting your client base walk, there is a good chance that many will not got to Darthhater, but to swtor-tanking.com or tentonnhammer, or any number of sites. The cost of getting a new client is MUCH higher than retaining them

Also in working in a large corporation, I can tell you one business unit =/= to another. If MMO-C lost 30% traffic due to the move to Darthhater (NOTE THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN, JUST AN EXAMPLE), Curse won't say "Oh that's ok" to MMO-C. They will be on them to drive traffic back up
    "Peace is a lie"

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And when that happens you can laugh all you like.

But right now I'm laughing at the people demanding a site get restructured to suit their game because there's a lot of people on this site when the game is offline.
    you can't deny though that these forums are not getting allot of traffic. They are at times comparing to the general forum of wow. Considering this is mainly a wow site that in itself is quite an accomplishment. They also specifically stated this forum for moderator recruitment as well in their latest moderator recruitment posts. While I also agree that people are jumping the gun demanding more, claiming the forums are only populated when the game is offline is also over exaggerating.

also Darth Hater is a horrible site for community. The forums are a bad color and they have little to no forum traffic. Not hard to see why no one uses the 4 forums it offers.

Why spend resource on promoting a brand new site? Not to mention the loss in cross-promotion that you'd get.

Getting unwanted traffic from people who are only interested in SWTOR to a WoW dedicated site is kinda stupid, don't you think?
    You are confusing MMO-C with a retail store. The purpose of this site is to attract and inform players interested in WoW, not sell stuff to you.
    LOL how niave.
    "Peace is a lie"

Why spend resource on promoting a brand new site?
    In order to generate traffic and justify launching the new site in the first place.

And how exactly is a post telling people to use a different site in the same network spending any great amount of resources?

To be honest I've always thought MMO-Champion would be bigger and better (..and more successful) if it catered for all MMO's as its title suggests. Or at least had sister sites, but hey I'm just a bored megalomaniac ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    To be honest I've always thought MMO-Champion would be bigger and better (..and more successful) if it catered for all MMO's as its title suggests.
    Being a Jack of all trades assures you will be the master of none.
    Or at least had sister sites, but hey I'm just a bored megalomaniac ;-)
    What? Like Darth Hater?

Currently WoW general got 693 views, this one 2422 viewers. As the name of thise sites suggest ''MMO-Champion'', it should mean that its about the actual champion of the MMO genre, which SWTOR is pretty much starting to dominate

Is this viewpoint slightly negated by the fact that MMO-champ has run a full set of banner ads on the front page for sw:tor for the past couple of weeks?
    Also, what is "unwanted traffic"?