Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yeah I don't really like shards because they do (imo) kill the world pvp a bit, I've only so far seen about 10 republic players.

I know it's not practical but if it could be done I would like to see the shard system removed :<
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

I have not seen any problems with the shards in terms of grouping or world pvp, Ive been running into repubs ever since i got to tatooine, have seen plenty of world pvp action, the only thing the shards do is cut down on lag and make questing a bit easier in terms of quest items and mobs out there.

You are still going to have around 100 people per side on a planet at a time. You get more than that in the battle for Ilum and your computer might start spitting out that magical blue smoke.

Deleted
    World PvP is already immaterial in 90% of the leveling content. Even on worlds you share with the opposing faction at the same level range, you rarely stray into enemy territory, and you barely ever share the same quests as your opposing faction. There are exceptions (Tatooine comes to mind as being very PvP-friendly), but as a rule, you won't end up in PvP situations very often. We often had to spend half an hour running through the Empire side of the planet just to complete the map after we were done with our questlines.

Signing up to play on a PvP server is pretty much equivalent to signing up to gank / be ganked, as the only reason someone finds themselves on the other side of the fence is when they're looking for something (targets to gank, exploring map, completing codex, etc) and are likely much higher level than the area they're running through. Any and all world PvP that actually matters will take place in open PvP zones, which are handled the same on either kind of server.