Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Unless your a scot or welsh or irish :-) Then pox on you :-)
    -.o

I've got my eye on you.

NOOOOO, BIOWARE!!! I was loving this drama and ultra-nationalism bordering on jealousy/hate towards Americans, HOW DARE YOU INTERRUPT THIS BY BRINGING SERVERS BACK UP?!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degenerator View Post
    Use a capital letter when refering to a nation. For example, Irish. Is it any wonder England scores the lowest in A level results for the U.K.
    And yet you seem to have forgotten that a sentence posing a question should end with a question mark.

Mod Edit: Don't post just to correct someone's grammar.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-12-27 at 06:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    What the HELL?!

Okay, genius, this is not an item that is meant to be used by 1-3 family members. This is an online game. Cars are tested for safety by smashing them into walls. There is nothing equivalent for a video game, the closest you can get is a server stress test. You are comparing apples and oranges here, and it's frankly terrible. Cars are not released before everything has been tested hundreds of times because doing so could KILL THE USER AND ANYONE NEARBY. I'd like to see the game that could do that.
    Right, this IS funny. So my notebook can kill people if it misworks, and as such was tested to the physical limits to provide for it running smoothly and without mishaps ? Because - while I consider it a non-lethal device - it actually works smoothly, incorporating complex technology and comparatively recent cutting edge technology.

No. It works smoothly and without a hitch, because the company who made it actually took pride in their work and had to face financial repercussions in case they delivered a shoddy product, while letting the lame self-justifying excuses drop by the wayside.

And by your reasoning : Anything non-lethal might, according to your extrapolated reasoning, be manufactured shoddily as well, because quality does not actually matter ? Does not matter to who exactly ? And which part of market-dynamics in relation to customer expectations did elude you in basic economy/economy 101 courses ? I am assuming you attended some, or it's part of the local high-school curriculum wherever you live, same as over here...

Anyway, if I wear out the precious little bits and bytes of abstract information that form the SW:TOR Code, please tell me how I do that exactly ? Do the electrons involved have only a limited life expectancy ? Is there mechanical wear and tear on them ? And if there was, would that be an unexpected, unplanned for and unavoidable surpise for a team of circumspect and competent programmers ?*amused*

Why are the bioware forums still unaccessable? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tannaya View Post
    And yet you seem to have forgotten that a sentence posing a question should end with a question mark.
    It was a statement. Just like this one.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorian View Post
    What a waste of 417 posts
    lol yup... Q.Q at its finest.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Huh WoW did.. you dont remember the constant server crash, 8hours queue, logon server dead and login in to get the message world server down youve been disconnected for the first 6 month of Vanilla? I do at a friend house, this is one of the reason i did not touch the game until TBC too, that and the terrible game that was vanilla..
    Well, at least Blizzard made up for that with free game time.
    They didn't stand in their ivory tower stating : we are right, you, the customers, are wrong.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Velorian View Post
    You'd think people would be used to extended maintenance by now.
    You'd think companies would be used to schedule maintenance during night by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degenerator View Post
    It was a statement. Just like this one.
    Meaning it as a statement makes no difference to the fact that the sentence you wrote asked a question.

Well dont you all feel silly.

Quote Originally Posted by evermind View Post
    The odd thing would be, no-one accepts that line of reasoning on any other product. Imagine buying a car which would have to be returned to the shop (without compensation) every week, during the first few weeks of its life. Or a TV. Nevermind your notebook or smartphone. Or a service like a hotel room or some hired entertainment.
    In each of these cases we expect the provider or hired service to work, with only _very_ minor hiccups. Yet for IT, there seem to be a rule of "special dispensation".
    Just because it has become commonplace does not mean that it is right.

So please tell, why is IT so special ?
    If I was told when I purchased the hotel room car airplane or whatever else you want to put in there that once a week it might be unavailable to me for a period of time it would be expected and I know what I am getting into.

To use your hotel reference your room is unavailable to you for about 30 min a day when house keeping gets there.m notebooks/computers are unavailable when they have updates or patches. Hired entertainment take breaks during their shows
    So that argument is pointless.

I love how this turned into a "I have a right to do it " some of you guys are the same ones that will bitch about. A buggy game or lack of content.

Please I love the passion that everyone has and when you signed up for the game you agreed to the TOS which clearly state that the can take the game down anytime at their discretion to make necessary repairs or patches. Please stop with the self-entitled bullshit and wait for them to finish so we can all have a great gaming experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    This is old school WoW, I thought this is what people wanted.

^^^This on so many levels.

Mod Edit: "This" posts are not permitted, as per the forum spam rule.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-12-27 at 06:47 PM.

There we go. Servers back up before 2. Not so bad for first patch maintenance.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    didn't read entire post but they're up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannaya View Post
    Meaning it as a statement makes no difference to the fact that the sentence you wrote asked a question.
    Not that this matters anymore. It was an indirect question. I don't HAVE to follow with a question mark. However, it is interesting that you ignore the blatant nationalistic attitude on display and seem more interested in a missing question mark. Glad you contributed to this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Locked. The thread's gone on long enough and the servers are back up now anyway.