Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

European players screwed royally

I feel like there needs to be some venting here /lol, but, honestly, how did Bioware think when they completely ignored the very existence of people from Europe on maintenance day? They said that they were going to have maintenance during peak-off hours, which is the case for the american players.. but doesn't really apply to the people living in Europe.

Is there anyone who has heard anything about Bioware changing their ways and maybe changing it back so we European players also get maintenance during OUR peak-off hours?

They will never do that, because your servers would be flooded to hell and back by US players wanting to play while our servers are down, and vice-versa.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The fact that there isn't separate clients and people can play on EU or US servers makes a change unlikely.

What Maeleena said would be true. People would flood and crash the servers of the other continent when theirs was down for maintenance.

How are Euro players screwed? It isn't peak time yet in Europe...

there are more american players than there are EU players. it makes sense financially.

Its worse this week because its a national holiday and so everyone is at home and thus peak time is effectively all day, or would have been. It wont effect us so much in the future although its still annoying!

Really they should have done it tomorrow (if it could be postponed).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    there are more american players than there are EU players. it makes sense financially.
    better too keep 100 people playing and only mildly happy , then 50 happy and 50 not and unsubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    How are Euro players screwed? It isn't peak time yet in Europe...
    Today is a holiday in Europe. Everyone is at home wanting to play...

Can I just say this logic is bad, it makes zero financial sense to annoy any section of your player-base over the holiday period. Whether its 40% or 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    They will never do that, because your servers would be flooded to hell and back by US players wanting to play while our servers are down, and vice-versa.
    There might be some players wanting to play at 4 AM in the morning, but I'm not sure that it would flood the EU servers.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Today is a holiday in Europe. Everyone is at home wanting to play...

So you want them to change EVERYTHING for one day?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    plays worlds smallest violin... yes its annoying but grab a beer and chill

Not true. For example, WoW subscriptions are/were pretty much 50/50, and it is very likely the same applies to SW:ToR as well.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because hours are different doesn't mean that people will log onto the "other sides" servers when their servers are offline. Your chars are still in one place, and your going to get bored only leveling during maintenance.

I also believe I read a tweet from rockjaw stating that after release (but no confirmed eta on it yet) maintenance would be different hours from EU and US. So hopefully in the future we will receive maintenance during our night time (since our servers are located in europe it makes sense), so that we don't have a whole day where we cannot play.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Ideally they would change the EU maintenance permanently. 10am-5pm kind of sucks whether you are American or European.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Can I just say this logic is bad, it makes zero financial sense to annoy any section of your player-base over the holiday period. Whether its 40% or 50%.
    Well then I guess that means they can NEVER do maintenance because SOMEONE will be annoyed no matter where they put it.

It implies that there's no plans to have different maintenance days, which is bad.

they could still cap by location using your IP so if your not in the EU you cant use a EU server and vice versa. Enable this during maintenance. Little bit cheap of them if you ask me. It's just another strike against the game.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Well then I guess that means they can NEVER do maintenance because SOMEONE will be annoyed no matter where they put it.
    They can have maintenance on different hours for EU and US, problem solved.

I didn't say anything about them changing it. I was merely pointing out why so many people are annoyed.

That was my point... what was yours?