LFR Reminds me of Vanilla Raiding

Its kinda crazy! Its like a 40 man raid again!

Easy bosses (often with just one mechanic)
    1/3 of the people do all the work
    People blatantly don't follow directions
    Baddys get the loot
    AFKs and Laggers
    The list goes on, its like being in Molten Core again.

In all seriousness, I wonder if that's why I like it so much. XD

+ On some fights noobs not only don't help but make the encounter actually harder than it would with less people instead (lfr: spine & vanilla: ony)

agree, but the only diff i see is that ppl i raided with during vanilla didnt (well, most of the time) have such rude attitude like most ppl seam to have in lfr.
    anonymity for the win eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla raiding wasn't easy when the content was current. Granted bosses only had a few abilities but you didn't have a ton of mods like DBM yelling at you to move. At launch of MC/BWL/Ony you couldn't just assemble a pug group and faceroll the content. It was several months until the content became mainstream to kill an end boss in vanilla with a remotely good pug.....not a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Vanilla raiding wasn't easy when the content was current. Granted bosses only had a few abilities but you didn't have a ton of mods like DBM yelling at you to move. At launch of MC/BWL/Ony you couldn't just assemble a pug group and faceroll the content. It was several months until the content became mainstream to kill an end boss in vanilla with a remotely good pug.....not a week.
    Can't recall any 40man endboss except for Ragnaros/Onyxia actually being PUG'd on my realm back in vanilla and i was on a very high pop and progressed realm in term of raiding, we had 5 guilds making very good progress in Naxx with a few of them clearing the place and many more that were working on the instance. We did however sell a few raidspots every farm raid for people to get loot from BWL and AQ40.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Can't recall any 40man endboss except for Ragnaros/Onyxia actually being PUG'd on my realm back in vanilla and i was on a very high pop and progressed realm in term of raiding, we had 5 guilds making very good progress in Naxx with a few of them clearing the place and many more that were working on the instance. We did however sell a few raidspots every farm raid for people to get loot from BWL and AQ40.
    Yeah to be honest I was going out on a limb here I don't recall any of that content actually being pugged when it was relevant content. You could always have 5 or so people carried in a 40 man for the content but an outright pug was not really heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Benno View Post
    Baddys get the loot
    Yeah I noticed this as well. Is this something Blizz did intentionally? Like a hidden roll, roll bonus to anyone who couldnt break the top 10 dps wise. It continually happens that the worst dps gets all the gear. I know rng is rng by I have never seen a peice of gear go to a top 3dps.

Last night on madness TWO Gurthalck's dropped warrior number 14 in dps won them both, he didnt think it was fair so he gave one to the next highest roll, number 12 on the dps chart. Had to bribe him to get it. Maybe I will just auto attack and get some stuff that way cause this is silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's keep all the LFR discussion in one place as we have threads on it popping up all over.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ssive-Success/