Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by col32190 View Post
    I left because I can use two lightsabers.
    And we all know two lightsabers > two Jormungars
    "Peace is a lie"

left becouse i needed something fresh and new, always i was being negative about other mmos like rift, aion etc. i was like " WOW cant die " well it did.. for me anyway
    By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail

Quote Originally Posted by Therdin View Post
    The SWTOR community is just as bad as WoW. it has NOTHING to do with the game and everything to do with internet anonymity letting people act like the worthless douchebags they want to be in real life but cant due to not wanting to get the shit kicked out of them by others.
    It was pretty good in classic, it got worse in BC when raid content was so exclusive elitism was the way to be, then took a nose dive in Wrath with LFD where people could ninja, flame, and greif with (seemingly) no consequences.

I know my hope is foolish, but so far the community does seem nicer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit WoW in August, when my guild broke apart due to internal problems. We were progressing through Heroic Firelands but even before the guild collapsed, I simply didn't find the game enjoyable any more. I liked the diversity of T11, but Firelands was simply dull. I played Feral DPS, and by this point, I saw the game more like a huge math equation than something to gain entertainment from... The guild falling apart was the last excuse I needed to finally cut my subscription.

Luckily, the friends I had in the guild all expressed interest in SWTOR, and now we're all playing together - and having fun doing it too. Imagine that.

Deleted
    The SWTOR community is much better than in WoW. You meet people on your server and do flashpoints with them and only them. That means reputations matter, and people behave as a result.

No LFD has been fantastic for SWTOR's community, the rude WoW kids don't last long so you end up with great fun groups to do content with.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    It was pretty good in classic, it got worse in BC when raid content was so exclusive elitism was the way to be, then took a nose dive in Wrath with LFD where people could ninja, flame, and greif with (seemingly) no consequences.

I didn't find BC's raid content 'exclusive elitism'. I was in a guild that raided twice a week too. WLK definitely a nose dive for the reasons you listed though.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

I actually left to get away from people like you.
    I don't think you did. Let me clarify what I mean by this...

When my guild finally downed Rags, it was a huge accomplishment. We're an immensely casual guild that decided to put together a few raiding groups to raid once per week. We spent weeks building up our gear, our teamwork, learning the mechanics, etc. before we finally succeeded in downing normal Rags, and it was great when we finally did.

Trouble is, I'm not the type of player who plays the game for "progression". I'm the type who plays for content, and killing Deathwing WAS the content. Ergo, thanks to LFR, I've seen the content (any special anything at the end of heroic notwithstanding) so I've no reason to want to raid DS.

The build-up was what made the raid content worthwhile (ie finally killing the last boss). Minus that, it's just another dungeon that can be done in an hour or so.

Bottom line, LFR turned a raid into a dungeon.
    Last edited by Destian; 2011-12-27 at 05:49 PM.

I'm sorry just because you don't know anything about warcraft doesn't mean your ignorant comments are ok.
    Ignorant comments? I assume you're referring to the easter egg race from WC3 that were carefully avoided from ever being mentioned in WoW other than that one empty keg quest in the barrens which didn't actually mention the race but instead named an individual, (and a comedic vanity pet) and that quest has long since been removed. I am a big follower of the lore and am by no means ignorant, pandas were left completely unmentioned from everything for so long for a reason, even blizzard weren't sure if they were actually serious about them or not.
    Their decision that they apparently are, and their sudden implication in a massive way with no lead up whatsoever, seems rushed and desperate, and is not what I want to play through.

Quote Originally Posted by Destian View Post

When my guild finally downed Rags, it was a huge accomplishment. We're an immensely casual guild that decided to put together a few raiding groups to raid once per week. We spent weeks building up our gear, our teamwork, learning the mechanics, etc. before we finally succeeded in downing normal Rags, and it was great when we finally did.

Trouble is, I'm not the type of player who plays the game for "progression". I'm the type who plays for content, and killing Deathwing WAS the content. Ergo, thanks to LFR, I've seen the content (any special anything at the end of heroic notwithstanding) so I've no reason to want to raid DS.

The build-up was what made the raid content worthwhile. Minus that, it's just another dungeon for me.
    Let me appologize to you. I thought you were one of those people who feels their accomplishments are diminished when others can do it at a lower difficulty.

Stating that Blizz has stopped caring is an assumption that you can not provide evidence to support. Listing any features that disappoint you does not qualify as evidence. I also find it ironic that you state that Firelands is fun, while hordes of people complained about how lame it was. It goes to show how opinions differ, and are therefore not facts.

If I was to quit WoW (playing both atm), it would be to get away from the terrible community and escape all the complaining that Blizzard isn't catering to them and them alone. However, I'm aware that many of these players are going to SWTOR, so my plan would be rather flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Udderpowered View Post
    Nothing to do with raiding. I don't enjoy the things I used to enjoy, and all the upcoming stuff mostly feels like more of the same rather than sparking the excitement it used to. That and the next expansion felt more like a giant april fools joke than something to take seriously. Pandaland, really!?

Don't want to see WoW die though, loved it whilst it lasted.
    Mainly good point and Well-expressed.
    We left WoW before SWoTR launch was live as a guild 28 Ppl.
    We used to be server one of the top guild in server even in HC runs.
    Stopped arter HC 5, time to move on something funny and better.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I left wow a long time ago. The raiding scene just stopped being epic for me. That is a personal choice. I do not like a lot of what they did to the game, but again its personal flavor. The game stopped being a fantasy mmorpg and just became a huge mish mash of content to try and please their massive audience. I love blizzard, I have just fallen out of love with WoW.

Now with swtor I had NO interest to play until I got into Beta. I am a casual Star Wars fan, I really dislike most sci fi. However I love Bioware and almost everything they do(DA2 I am looking you square in the face). But I have fallen in love with this damn game. I havent had many bugs, flashpoint bosses have been more fun than most of the standard wow bosses. Will all this wear off? Maybe, probably. As some have said, it will come down to endgame. It will come down to the rate of content being released. If the deliver what they stated they will deliver in the interviews right before release we may have an awesome endgame in front of us.

It is a GOOD thing if both(or all three if Rift can grab a solid player base themselves) can establish solid communities and provide us with healthy competition. I hate when fanboys come on and trash the other product. It does no good, and all you accomplish is making yourself look like an idiot(and maybe inciting flame wars and thread locks). Play the game you enjoy. Let others play the game they enjoy. Hope that your company takes your game seriously so you can continue to enjoy it. I wish wow was still enjoyable to me, I <3 my friggan shaman that I have invested a lot of time and money into.

It all depended on what sever you were on in classic and BC. Once a game becomes a little old (meaning players have figured out the majority of what to do) you get the douchebags. the more people that play, the worse this trend gets.

Right now i'm playing on the crucible pits severs. Thanks to those shit fucks, swifty and athene, the severs general chat is worse then the sever I play in wow.

I honestly hope your "foolish" hope comes true and your sever does not take a turn for the worst

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ToR is very much like a lot of MMOs in their infancy. The grinding content is there but there is a little left to be desired when it comes to end game. Even WoW was in a state such as this when it released; in fact, it didn't even have battlegrounds for nearly six months after release.

Bioware pretty much has an unlimited amount of history to tap and a lot of potential to flesh out this title for years to come if they establish a healthy player base. To think they will simply sit on their hands with what they have is absurd and anyone who can't see the forest through the trees and make unfair comparisons, well, I feel sorry for you.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2011-12-27 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    The SWTOR community is much better than in WoW. You meet people on your server and do flashpoints with them and only them. That means reputations matter, and people behave as a result.

No LFD has been fantastic for SWTOR's community, the rude WoW kids don't last long so you end up with great fun groups to do content with.
    Yeah, this is another big one.

You can't be a raging asshole or ninja on your server without players finding out and there being consequences.

In WoW, you can do both of the aforementioned and no one will ever be able to stop you by cutting you off from invites.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 12:56 PM ----------

Let me appologize to you. I thought you were one of those people who feels their accomplishments are diminished when others can do it at a lower difficulty.
    No worries. I realize there ARE a lot of people like that, but my main concern was that I killed Deathwing and therefore I've killed Deathwing. I don't need to kill him on heroic to say I've "really" killed him. This basically made any desire to raid DS evaporate.

I honestly would consider trying to gear up for heroic DW if there was something "special" at the end, like a different ending in which he is cleansed of the old gods' corruption or something, but as it stands, he's dead. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Destian View Post

The build-up was what made the raid content worthwhile (ie finally killing the last boss). Minus that, it's just another dungeon that can be done in an hour or so.

Bottom line, LFR turned a raid into a dungeon.
    If this is true, then you will be equally bored when you hit 50 and blow through all the normal content in TOR? Because none of it is very challenging on normal modes in the slightest either.

If you just care about "seeing content", you can stay on YouTube and save yourself the sub cost.

edit: If you want to have that sense of accomplishment from downing a boss, try working on normal/heroic raids in WoW at least. Your arguments and reasons for TOR over WoW really don't make any sense.

Don't be blinded by novelties.
    Last edited by abovebeyond; 2011-12-27 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    I haven't played WoW for over 6 months, I stopped because the game just feels meh, I try not to be one of those people that cant get over there glory days of 40 man raiding but I did prefer it back then. I gave up raiding because it never felt as epic, even the BC raids were enjoyable but never had the scale of Vanilla that i enjoyed.

I got Swtor on a whim and so far ive really enjoyed it, even though it took a week to be able to purchase the game, a day to download it and now they have maintenance bang in the middle of my usual play times.

Currently, I am playing both SWTOR and WoW, however I am spending more time playing SWTOR then WoW where I just login 4x per week to do a 2-3h raid, which sadly became a very repetetive task.

SWTOR enables me to play some really new content, it is not a fantasy game but a Sci-Fi, most MMO's are based on fantasy.
    The storyline so far in SWTOR is awesome, I feel that my choices in quests matter.

However playing two paid MMO's is kinda stupid for me (limited budget etc), so probably I will not pay for the next month in WoW (as like 40% of my guildmates), and try to focus on SWTOR more, so I can see what it has to offer at max level.
    This kingdom shall fall, and from the ashes shall arise a new order that will shake the very foundations of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Stating that Blizz has stopped caring is an assumption that you can not provide evidence to support.
    As far as I'm concerned, it became fact when the first WoW dev replied to a request with "We can't afford that right now."

They're making $150,000,000 EVERY MONTH from WoW alone. The idea that they somehow couldn't afford to work on areas of WoW (especially factoring in what a huge moneymaker it is) is laughable.

Honestly because of Blizzard ... somehow WoW developement turned into chase for more effective & cheaper developement. Like somebody without gamers soul replaced the guy who was making the calls before.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.