Thread: LFR Rant

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

LFR Rant

Disclaimer: my ability (or inability as is the case) to use type the english language does not change the validity of this post (which is mostly opinion based on observations anyway)

As of recently I have seen an increasing number of posts both bashing and praising the LFR, after reading through the comments of the threads I have read (Both here and on the WoW Forums) I am utterly disgusted at this player base.

We have litterally been handed what has the potential to be one of the best features of world of warcraft, and after seeings its relative ease our response is to simply look at it from our points of view and what it could offer us? My plea is to please look it from the perspective of what it does for world of warcraft as a whole. It stimulates our economy, it raises the average gear level of all players, and its best benefit is to offer a nearly instant acess low pressure raiding environment.

As for the Raiding Environment business, most people are knocking on the actual raiding environment. I have read many complaints about the difficulty level and how low it is, and how it teaches players the wrong way to raid. I disagree with nearly all of the critisism. I feel that a player that wants to honestly join a guild and raid in even a casual raiding environment should be able to work the correct encounter mechanics into their play. If they can't because they didn't learn correctly then I honestly, Darwinism at work. The benefits of this however are inumerable. Let me pose a situation for you, being a recruiter for my (Terribly not good) guild it gives me the opportunity to see raiders at their best. I can real-id and run with 3 or so guildies and 3 or so potential recruits and see how they play, dps they do, and anything else I am curious about. When combined with a UI Screenshot, Logs, and cursory armory check of recruits will allow me with much greater accuracy to weed out those that obviously dont make the cut. On a related, but shorter note, these LFR raids give people a frame of referance. Frames of referace in a boss fight are invaluable for progressing through them in a timely manner.

These benefits have not even touched on the actual rewards of the LFR raids themselves: the gear. More specifically the tier gear, from what I have seen the 4ps of this set are extreamly competitive with the 391 4ps of last tier. Not even counting the 397 mainset pieces players can pick up in their main raids. The loot also favors those groups of (Forgive me) "Elitists" that have "Butt Buddies" that they can queue with. On my priest I have friends that queue on their priest/paladin/warlock, for our rogue I queue on my mage with another mage and a dk alt, and we do this for everyone in our group (Of which there are about 6) so that we can stack tokens for our mains and then our sub-mains (Or first alt if you would prefer). This means that good players have incentive to run multiple dungeons (Because I know for a fact that my group of friends isnt the only group gaming the system) and help those that are inexperiance or help those who need it the most.

As for the economic impact (I feel like a tool for typing that): new gear needs gems and enchants, unfortuantely on my particular server one person controlls the red gem market (400g for a brilliant gem, I think so!) so this becomes taxing. However, even this is incentive for people to level their own JC which fuels the lower level gem market.

TLR Raid Finder isnt terrible
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR View Post
    Ontopic, i play both factions since i accidentally the queues
    Ben Dover and Alpha Queue too!

10+ Year Old Account
    A well thought out and written opinion is always welcome, but we really don't need any more LFR threads cluttering up the forum, just respond in the longer LFR thread here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ssive-Success/