Thread: 1 day refund

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

1 day refund

I don't really understand that 1 hour extending maintenance policy. What is in idea to keep people at the front of pc just to let them know to extend maintenance for another hour.
    Better would be to inform that the fucked up that maintenance, servers will be up tomorrow 12.00 and players will get +1 day subscription refund.

Enjoy your $0.50

-EA

^^ sounds silly to me.

Be reasonable, and patient while they take the time they need to do some fixes on a week old game.

Deleted
    Lol. Even if it's a small amount, we're talking about EA here. You're never going to get a refund bro.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Already asking for a credit for a ONE hour extension? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by alkalined84 View Post
    Be reasonable, and patient while they take the time they need to do some fixes on a week old game.
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Generally if an MMO ever says maintenance is going to take "at least" 6 hours, plan to be doing something else that day.

I dont think wed ever see refunds just for extended maintenance, maybe possibly if the servers were down for more than a day but Ive never heard of that happening anywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Already asking for a credit for a ONE hour extension? Come on.

Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.
    What's right should be right, 2 hour extension.. and counting, they have no ETA meaning this will probably take a few hours.

Needless thread is needless, move on...

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatis View Post
    Generally if an MMO ever says maintenance is going to take "at least" 6 hours, plan to be doing something else that day.

I dont think wed ever see refunds just for extended maintenance, maybe possibly if the servers were down for more than a day but Ive never heard of that happening anywhere.
    It has happened a few times in WoW's history, but usually only in extreme circumstances. I can count on one hand the number of credits that I have received from Blizzard over the course of seven years. Even then, they are usually minimal and don't come close to one month's subscription.

As long as I've been a subscriber I bet I've lost close to a week worth of game time, if not more.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thehouseaddict View Post
    What's right should be right, 2 hour extension.. and counting, they have no ETA meaning this will probably take a few hours.
    Welcome to MMO server maintenance. It isn't going to ever change. Unexpected things happen.

Deleted
    MAINTENANCE IN A MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLE-PLAYING GAME? The stories about 2012 must be true then! Omg!
    I've been waiting since 12:00 (Right now 19:19) I can wait another hour.
    Last edited by mmocdf265024f7; 2011-12-27 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatis View Post
    I once got a full free day of WoW, because a server I didn't even play on (but had a character there) was down for 8 hours longer than it was supposed to. Here's your "anywhere".
    Last edited by mmoca12be9dbb6; 2011-12-27 at 06:25 PM.

Deleted
    Well for us EU players this "one hour" you are talking about is totally different to yours over in the US. What about the nation bashing mods? Got an infraction earlier for saying that US players shouldnt whine when we in the EU got the maintenance on our peak time. But its ok that US players say that we in EU whines too much?

If Bioware doesn't split up maintenance between US and EU, I'm one of those who won't spend another single penny on this game.

Blizzard at start of WOW used to give 1day refunds left and right and they gave for less downtime than we are having now expecialy for europeans

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derkaderb View Post
    If Bioware doesn't split up maintenance between US and EU, I'm one of those who won't spend another single penny on this game.
    Such a trivial thing to be so upset about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    It has happened a few times in WoW's history, but usually only in extreme circumstances. I can count on one hand the number of credits that I have received from Blizzard over the course of seven years. Even then, they are usually minimal and don't come close to one month's subscription.
    I actually went into my payment history and found 17 free days given to me over the years.
    I hope EA/BW will give some compensation if this persists, but I doubt it :<
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

You didn't pay for the first month of game time, you paid for the game.
    The first month is FREE, so BW can give you as little or as much time as they want during that month.
    You didn't pay anything to play this month.....
    Sigh, some people just don't understand the concept of FREE - it's like early access all over again.
    VOTE TRUMP! Make America Great Again!

Deleted
    I gotta love how everyone commenting with "LOL, asking for a refund?" and "Go out and get a life" and things like that are always situationed in EST-PST timezones...

Not that I'm creating a fuss over such a minor amount of money myself, but at least I'm not trying to troll the people who are impatient about losing out on their day off playing the game they're paying for. Be happy your downtime landed during your offhours and be compassionate about someone having theirs smack in the middle of their primetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Derkaderb View Post
    Well for us EU players this "one hour" you are talking about is totally different to yours over in the US. What about the nation bashing mods? Got an infraction earlier for saying that US players shouldnt whine when we in the EU got the maintenance on our peak time. But its ok that US players say that we in EU whines too much?

Bioware wants to be able to release patches across all servers (EU and NA), at the same time. This is setting up for a future that gives EU the content the same time the NA servers get it.

They have also mentioned that this time frame shows the lowest amount of player activity, so they have chosen to use it for this rare extended maintenence.

As posted by Bioware Dev's:

Firstly, in the past, we've talked on a number of occasions about how we will run a global service. Many players raised concerns that patches/updates would land later in the EU than in the US. We stated that as we're running a global service, we'll do everything we can to make sure the updates go live in both regions as close together as possible. For this to be achievable, we need to run maintenance at the same time.

Secondly, although many of you are able to play at this time, this is actually one of the times in the day (and the week) when we have the lowest number of players in game. It's certainly far from peak. Given that many of you are still on holiday, today's maintenance may feel a bit more out of place than usual, but in the future, the number of users impacted will be even smaller.

Finally it's also worth noting that today's downtime was a little longer than usual and in the future, shouldn't be the case.

So hopefully that's gone some way in shedding a light on the reasons as to why we've chosen this slot.
    Last edited by kustom; 2011-12-27 at 06:28 PM.

All the crying over this is just ridiculous. Bioware isn't purposely withholding the servers from us. If they aren't ready to come up, then they aren't ready. Demanding a refund because they extended it a few hours is just asinine. To be blunt: Get over it, and find something else to do with your time.