Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snodeath View Post
    I buy too many tcg mounts to have an ideal gold amount. I try to stay over 1 mil though.
    how do people get up too 1 mil gold -.- say the trick or whatever it is your guys are useing

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    how do people get up too 1 mil gold -.- say the trick or whatever it is your guys are useing
    Get involved in several markets and devote a lot of time to it. So if you get into enchanting, look at what scrolls are profitable and post 2-3 of each scroll. I try to get into a few of the big markets but only a moderate amount in each one. So Ill post maybe 60-70 enchanting scrolls, 150 glyphs, a few leg armors, and various gems. Its important to be in a few markets because sometimes one of them will dry up for a while.

For example, jewelcrafting is my biggest source of income but right now on my server ore is just way too high to buy. Im pretty much out of red gems, going through almost 400 in 3 days. So instead of sitting here making no gold, Im focusing a little bit more on glyphs and buying cheap enchanting mats. Once ore comes back to a normal level, I can focus on that again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profish13 View Post
    Get involved in several markets and devote a lot of time to it. So if you get into enchanting, look at what scrolls are profitable and post 2-3 of each scroll. I try to get into a few of the big markets but only a moderate amount in each one. So Ill post maybe 60-70 enchanting scrolls, 150 glyphs, a few leg armors, and various gems. Its important to be in a few markets because sometimes one of them will dry up for a while.

For example, jewelcrafting is my biggest source of income but right now on my server ore is just way too high to buy. Im pretty much out of red gems, going through almost 400 in 3 days. So instead of sitting here making no gold, Im focusing a little bit more on glyphs and buying cheap enchanting mats. Once ore comes back to a normal level, I can focus on that again.
    thx i guess ^^ i just fell "how the fk" everytime i see a guy say he has 1mill+´i do have around 192k myself but still =P have no idea how i got that much tbh O_o so just wondering what other people do

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    thx i guess ^^ i just fell "how the fk" everytime i see a guy say he has 1mill+´i do have around 192k myself but still =P have no idea how i got that much tbh O_o so just wondering what other people do
    Yea I was the same way, I had about 200k but it took probably 2 years to accumulate to that. I really had no idea what specific thing I did, I guess it mostly came from alts, selling some random drops, a little bit of farming. It adds up when you have several alts for a long time. Recently though I decided I wanted to actually learn how to make gold, so I started focusing on that. I only came back to the game a week or two after 4.3 hit after a few months off, but Ive done pretty well in that short time.

around 150-200 i spend gold on 10 chars+helping my friend with craftables and such

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say about 30k or so.

10k is totally enough. If i get more - what for? Got max riding, needed enchants/gems, repairs from guild bank, i don't want to see my gold rotting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try not to go bellow 20k on each of my characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Had over 400k, transferred to another realm and inflation ate half. Then I wasted some on pets and gear and flying for alts. Sitting on 70k after buying 12 months game time for 100k :P

Deleted
    Anything under 300k gets me worried, as that's what tbc mounts tend to go for on my server. If I get to 350k I stop bothering, then if a mount pops I buy it and rebuild the gold. Last time it took me 2 weeks to get the 300k back up.

Deleted
    I try to keep my gold over 10k. If I see four digits in my gold total I start having chest pains, which I am having right now.

Deleted
    Well I had 75k when 4.3 hit and now im broke, epic games and new craftables etc. So I guess I want to sit at a few hundred thousand after rebuilding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glad View Post
    I feel annoyed when I drop below 1 million.

Of course, I got really drunk this christmas, and bought all my friends TCG mounts + poseidus off the AH. I dropped down to 1k. You can imagine how I feel.
    Did you feel.. Glad ?

Hoho

I have over 1.7mill, and I always feel the need to get more, even sold 160k for money, and lost like 300k on crap, and ofc spending on a lot of stuff, so it depends what you want to do with the gold, if you want TCG stuff you'd need a nice amount of gold, even with that nice sum of gold I had second thoughts on getting my gear with epic gems, just not worth it by gold spent = gain, but I guess I'm just greedy :')

Anyway best way to make gold imo is --> AH (which I don't spend so much time on tbh) and deals. by saying deals I mean, watching trade channels for nice deals you can make profit from, like reselling stuff, for example some chinese ppl sold in my server cheap Queen's Garnets for in stocks, so I bought 200x and sold all for 250g-3k profit on each gem, much faster than what you can usually make from the AH.

Deleted
    500k and +/- 1k average gold earned per day - pretty enough for regural payments

Deleted
    At this moment I try not to go below 30k altough a new goal is to not go over 50k gold without dropping any payments (repairs, enchants, etc..)