Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sobek View Post
    look at the amount of posts on these forums. look at how many threads swtor has, guild wars, then D3. about as many people are interested/talking about D3 as they are about minecraft. guild wars 2 has 26,000 posts. swtor has 120,000, rift has 16,000, minecraft has 3900, diablo has 4800, LOL
    To be fair... It's a forum for an action RPG on an MMO website...

---------- Post added 2012-01-01 at 05:40 PM ----------

I might suggest to people who played the beta a while ago and thought it was too easy to possibly try again now. They greatly reduced the speed in which you get magic items to drop, leaving you with lower quality items further into the game. The first playthrough is more difficult now. Still not what I'd consider challenging, but on par with the first half of Act I of Diablo 2.

Maybe they want it to be a little easier though. Some of us original Diablo and Diablo 2 players are getting old and arthritic by the time Diablo 3 comes out. *crotchety old man voice* The fingers just don't move like they used to ever since that old Baal run injury back in '02

Deleted
    Zzzz the first act in normal of Diablo II was even more easy than the initial act of Diablo 3
    they even showed it at Blizzcon, if we are to compare the part we have now is the same as reaching the Butcher in DII

HURR DURR WAS SO DIFFICULT..

---------- Post added 2012-01-02 at 02:06 AM ----------

look at the amount of posts on these forums. look at how many threads swtor has, guild wars, then D3. about as many people are interested/talking about D3 as they are about minecraft. guild wars 2 has 26,000 posts. swtor has 120,000, rift has 16,000, minecraft has 3900, diablo has 4800, LOL
    sense thism makes none, forum posts are based on "how much there's to discuss about a game" based on the information at hand. since there have been nothing new on Diablo III after every topic has been discussed almost to the point that everyone almost puke at the words "act I" I do not see the relevance

if we go by that it will be a flop. the beta is supposed to fix bugs and build player interest
    No, those are called Demo or trial not betas

some never happy QQer said act 1 is poor quality, too easy.
    Fixed it for you, you're not "everyone" you're you.

just because its early in the story doesnt mean it has to be easy, especially for the third game in the series
    again this does not make sense a all games on second/third episode starts with easy difficulty anyway, like Assassins Creed (in the third one the first thing you learn again is to climb things, and you get your ability training through the story.

Mass effect, or even Baldurs Gate II did not put you immediately with everything availabe or throw you in the middle of a fight with 234123545081654 enemies.

It is calle learning curve and it is "per game" not "per series" .

some players know how to play diablo
    oh gosh, I know that it was popular but never known every single person in the world played all the previous game, hey I've not played Diablo I, sorry brb I'm gonna hang myself in the toilet

, it will be mostly like D2 with some new areas, classes, for the most part players know the mechanics, so why should they have to start the game on hardest setting because early acts are easy?
    uh? I tried to read the entire not fragmented sentence and absolutely makes no sense. I do not understand if you are saying that it should be easy or hard at the beginning

if what people are saying, act 1 being poor quality, this is supposed to be the best, and usually is in most games, as players try the game, you dont want them judging a book by its cover.
    Again not talk for everyone I do not find the first portion of the first act poor quality (it could be better? definitely yeah), just you and someone else, they may be *many* but this is not a concern

act 1 may be the only thing they see. games usually make the starting area awesome, then a few days into the game players think "what happened to the awesomeness?" the game should start strong, they always become less interesting deeper into the game and lose creativity.
    this is the only thing with a sense you have said in the entirety of your post. this is a philosophy developed by Valve (another Giant of the gaming industry) along with the Cabals structure of game development, they in fact develop the first part of the game for last.

You know of the concept but not of the execution, it is the most important thing indeed but it is developed and refined for last (when supposedly all the creativity and awesomeness are gone)

act 1 will be what people see in the beta, maybe free trial, maybe starting a new character on their friend's computer before buying themselves... act 1 is everything.
    You have no idea how the demo/trial will be. Act 1 is everything and you have seen an incomplete part of it. So you can't judge everything when you have not see everything of this everything

also, you cant look at blizzard's track record, they've had mostly no competition for years, their games were the only real game to play. now customers have a choice, and look where blizzard is NOW.
    It is in a good place it seems me. Not fault of Blizzard if game developers did not manage to make game better then theirs, I like to think that it is Blizzard that have good designer/developers instead of thinking that every single game developers company out there is made by a mass of incompetents. Dunno which one of the two point of view is the worst to be honest

It is the concept that we can apply to Dark Age of Camelot it was succesfull because there were really "no other choice" because there was not this huge market for MMO as there's now.

There were a lot of good game at the time as far as I can remember at least.

Like Nox developed by Westwood, was a great but underrated game.
    Baldur's Gate another one
    Arcanum even, they were all of the time when SC e Diablo II were out and they were and are great games
    so "Blizzard had (even *mostly*) no competition" is simply not a true statement

But even if there have been no competition like you say
    It was because everyone sucked very hard, or maybe because Blizzard had a high bar of standard and released quality product. Which one of the two options you really prefer?
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2012-01-02 at 02:28 AM. Reason: edited a point that coudl have seem contraddictory

Seriously:

I don't give a f uck, I'm happy with the game.

if we go by that it will be a flop. the beta is supposed to fix bugs and build player interest. people said act 1 is poor quality, too easy. just because its early in the story doesnt mean it has to be easy, especially for the third game in the series. players know how to play diablo, it will be mostly like D2 with some new areas, classes, for the most part players know the mechanics, so why should they have to start the game on hardest setting because early acts are easy?

if what people are saying, act 1 being poor quality, this is supposed to be the best, and usually is in most games, as players try the game, you dont want them judging a book by its cover. act 1 may be the only thing they see. games usually make the starting area awesome, then a few days into the game players think "what happened to the awesomeness?" the game should start strong, they always become less interesting deeper into the game and lose creativity.

act 1 will be what people see in the beta, maybe free trial, maybe starting a new character on their friend's computer before buying themselves... act 1 is everything.

also, you cant look at blizzard's track record, they've had mostly no competition for years, their games were the only real game to play. now customers have a choice, and look where blizzard is NOW.
    This forum really doesn't account for more than a tiny percentage of the people that will buy Diablo 3. Unlike WoW, SWOTR and GW2 it appeals to different people and requires less of an immerse attitude. And yes, you can look at Blizzard's track record and weep as their marketing prowess and advertisements are today pervasive and they are likely to have sales skyrocket at the release of D3, and probably will crush all opposition in its platform. No telling what will happen if they release it for PS3 as well, if you believe the rumors.

Deleted
    Well I can't wait for the game to be released

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, Arkaine's Valour just dropped.

To the OP: oh well, don't play it - but did you need to create a thread telling all on MMO Champ?

On old games: still play loads to this day, becuase they are still fun for me.

X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter
    Diablo II
    BF 1942 (FH & BF1918 mods)
    + loads more

Still have my GameCube and original PS! hooked up to TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Nice, Arkaine's Valour just dropped.

To the OP: oh well, don't play it - but did you need to create a thread telling all on MMO Champ?

On old games: still play loads to this day, becuase they are still fun for me.

X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter
    Diablo II
    BF 1942 (FH & BF1918 mods)
    + loads more

Still have my GameCube and original PS! hooked up to TV.
    For me its Zelda : alttp and Super Metroid, I wish the 16 bit era never ended

Well, my guess is that people rather discuss D3 on http://www.diablofans.com/forum than here...

if we go by that it will be a flop.
    As big of a flop as Minecraft is? Judging how good a game will do depending on how many post it have in a subforum on a site thats mainly for World of Warcraft? Either way, people need to relax when it comes to beta content. Played a couple of games in beta and they have been buggy and stuff. But ones it goes live they usually sort that stuff out, I mean, thats what beta is for. So kind of hard to judge a whole game having only played one act in beta imo.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancken View Post
    Well, my guess is that people rather discuss D3 on http://www.diablofans.com/forum than here...
    wow, this just makes it all hillarious..
    "Diablo III General Discussion" on that forum got almost 207k posts, then throw in PvP, Trading, Theorycraft/Analysis, Lore & Storyline and all the class sub-forums and you suddenly got more than what MMO-Champion got overall on "Video Games Discussion" sub-forum.
    And also more than the SW:ToR-forum here...

I guess somebody just got proved wrong BIG TIME!
    So judging by this way to tell the popularity of a game, Diablo 3 seems to be the winner after all!!

Edit: Only counting the actual Diablo 3 sub-forums on diablofans.com turns out to be 236k posts.. Almost twice as many than SW:ToR here on MMO-Champion!
    Last edited by Joxer; 2012-01-03 at 11:36 AM.

Yes, because Diablo 3 Fans was intelligent enough to make their own Fan site, with their forum. They didn't go to a other game fan site / forum and bitch that they don't have enough place...
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Any game you liked you played, Hell I played Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for like 6 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    I'll still play the first Fallout games, Arcanum, Summoner, Total Annihilation, Vampire, X-Com, etc. along with D2 to this day. I'd love to get my hands on some of the old gold box D&D rpgs I played before I had a Windows OS.

So you both played all these games for 2-3 hours a day, everyday, for years? I call bullshit.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I notices a lot of people speaking about why the D3 forum posts are so low.

My 2 cents = D3 is not out and also not an MMO... The majority of people who are on MMO-Champion are interested more in talking about MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    They would? Which games would these be?
    Games like Duke Nukem 64 / 3D, all the supermario games for the Snes/nes, Fable 1 with the x-pack, every zelda game up to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Havent tried skyward sword tho :S )

"Back in the days" people could play through games hundreds of times, I dont know why, but games had some sort of replay value... I dont feel that in newer titles tho, which is sad :/

they've spent as much time on the RMAH as they have the rest of the game.

loved the cinematic trailers

rest of the game has no appeal to me whatsoever and i can't imagine ever playing a blizz game again after i've seen how important the RMAH is to them. so important that it's the ONLY thing holding up a release since they're worried they'll lose a chance at RMAH profit.

that's the future of blizzard, microtransactions.

there ARE companies out there who will not charge you a sub, let microtransactions appeal to those who ONLY want to buy "fun" stuff (fine by me, doesn't affect game balance) and still make a great game so i'm gonna give them my money and inevitably, they'll turn to the darkside one day too

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grassfarmer View Post
    I notices a lot of people speaking about why the D3 forum posts are so low.

My 2 cents = D3 is not out and also not an MMO... The majority of people who are on MMO-Champion are interested more in talking about MMOs.
    the majority of people on mmo-champion want to bash or build up wow and that's about it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you both played all these games for 2-3 hours a day, everyday, for years? I call bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tueland View Post
    Games like Duke Nukem 64 / 3D, all the supermario games for the Snes/nes, Fable 1 with the x-pack, every zelda game up to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Havent tried skyward sword tho :S )

"Back in the days" people could play through games hundreds of times, I dont know why, but games had some sort of replay value... I dont feel that in newer titles tho, which is sad :/

That reply falls to you too.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

If you look back at every demo or preview for any game, you'll see:

Easy zones (not too much stuff on screen)
    Easy monsters (you don't need to scare people by showing the player being raped)
    Noobs playing the game (because noobs are slow and dumb, lol. they just want to show you the game, not a pro-player beating the hell out of the game)

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They would? Which games would these be?
    Games I played for more than 3 years or replayed through at least once per year:
    Mario World 1,3 (I never liked 2)
    Super Mario World SNES
    Link's Awakening
    MK 1 & 2
    Sonic 2 / 3
    Killer Instinct
    Zelda Ocarina of Time
    Crono Trigger
    FF6,7,8,9,10
    Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64
    D1
    D2
    CS
    CS: Source
    FFXI
    WoW

I'm sure there are more. WoW is literally the last game I bought and played for more than 2 weeks though.

Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    this game just feels like a hack and slash wow, too easy, too cartoony not dark/horror like the original and it's sequel
    It's a beta. Too easy? You played the first section of the first act on normal mode and it's too easy. Wow. Good for you. That's like saying math is too easy because you mastered single digit addition. Nevermind Ring Theory or Field Theory or Number Theory. Those weren't in the "beta", but since the first level of math is easy, all math must be easy. Good hypothesis, but I'd like to see a proof.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    And people are forgetting that the part of Act 1 which is up to the skeleton king is basically the tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    What solid reasoning, complete with actual examples for all of your claims!
    Going to go with this statement, lots of facts in there OP. Everyone has an opinion, when yours is a negative one you dont ALWAYS have to make a thread about it.