Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    D3 Normal difficulty, on the other hand, is supposed to be a tutorial and extra easy. Now why on earth would I want a tutorial that takes like 10 hours to complete?!
    Fair point

The game though is not made for your standards is made for being accessible to everyone
    Being accessible to everyone means that the learning curve cannot be steep as you (or even I, do not get me wrong I like it to be challenging to a certain degree) wish, you have to realize that when making a game there are both gameplay concern and business concern to be satisfied.

Good game design is finding a compromise between the two.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    Fair point

The game though is not made for your standards is made for being accessible to everyone
    Being accessible to everyone means that the learning curve cannot be steep as you (or even I, do not get me wrong I like it to be challenging to a certain degree) wish, you have to realize that when making a game there are both gameplay concern and business concern to be satisfied.

Good game design is finding a compromise between the two.
    Tho as i said in another post, even if they do find a spot between the two, it wont be good enough for some people.
    There will always be somebody complaining about it, and this is what this whole topic seems to be like.
    I think already now that there is quite a nice balance between the difficulties, could probably do with some minor changes, only time will tell since the game isnt out yet.

And as it have been said many times already, its just a beta, dont expect the retail version to be exactly like the beta!!

10+ Year Old Account
    wow qq about a game b4 it even came out...im impressed with how fast bichin and crying is appearing now

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    wow qq about a game b4 it even came out...im impressed with how fast bichin and crying is appearing now
    It have been like this for quite some years now...
    People should be happy that game developers atleast takes the time to make new games, but it have got to the point where thats almost too much to ask for.

New game = People cry, because it doesn't "fit their own standards"
    No new game = People cry, because they want something new.

As i also said in another post:
    If you dont like it, dont play it!
    There are still people that will play Diablo 3, no matter how many QQ-threads being posted..

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    Crying about anything and everything online is what's hot in the streets.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-01-04 at 02:33 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    So you both played all these games for 2-3 hours a day, everyday, for years? I call bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra6 View Post
    Games I played for more than 3 years or replayed through at least once per year:
    Mario World 1,3 (I never liked 2)
    Super Mario World SNES
    Link's Awakening
    MK 1 & 2
    Sonic 2 / 3
    Killer Instinct
    Zelda Ocarina of Time
    Crono Trigger
    FF6,7,8,9,10
    Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64
    D1
    D2
    CS
    CS: Source
    FFXI
    WoW

I'm sure there are more. WoW is literally the last game I bought and played for more than 2 weeks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    OH i'll bite.. Diablo and WOW and The Warcraft series, and DnD to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by GUESSWHOIAM View Post
    Quake series? Wolfenstein series (RtCW and ET)? Mortal Kombat? Street fighter?

I mean, that's just for me but I'm pretty sure other people have some other experiences with other games

You are all going to tell me you played these games a minimum of 10-20 hours a week for years? If you do I call bullshit.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are all going to tell me you played these games a minimum of 10-20 hours a week for years? If you do I call bullshit.
    Or you are just not a real gamer...

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter how good a game is, the bad part of the community always find things to whine, cry, QQ, moan and QQ MORE about..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mancerot View Post
    Or you are just not a real gamer...

Yeah.... No...

No way in hell someone played Mario for 3-4 years spending 10-20 hours a week on it. Same with any of the other games people claimed in here. With the exception of WoW. None of those games took that long to complete 100%. Are you going to tell me after you ve done absolutly everything in the game you still play it? If so what is the point of this thread again?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Except the only thing in beta is the first act. You're missing almost the entire game. I'm glad you can make an entire judgement on the first 5 minutes of a game. It's like saying OOT sucks because the first 3 temples are too easy and mindless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mancerot View Post
    Tho as i said in another post, even if they do find a spot between the two, it wont be good enough for some people.
    There will always be somebody complaining about it, and this is what this whole topic seems to be like.
    I think already now that there is quite a nice balance between the difficulties, could probably do with some minor changes, only time will tell since the game isnt out yet.

And as it have been said many times already, its just a beta, dont expect the retail version to be exactly like the beta!!
    this is axiomatic, it is impossible to make everyone happy. Trying to convince yourself that this is a possibility is just delusional

Quote Originally Posted by Klahkeme View Post
    Maybe what you meant to say was "Back in the day, games would keep *me* entertained for years."
    Not just him. There are still thousands upon thousands of people playing Diablo 2, me included. I don't follow Starcraft but at least up until the release of SC2, there were likewise still thousands of people playing it over a decade after it's release. Dunno how many still play it vs how many moved to SC2, but still, that's over a decade of entertainment even if it totally died off now. And pretty much every gamer I know STILL plays certain very old games, because those games kept THEM entertained for years.

I'd still play X-Com as well, if my PC would run it.

Op is clearly trolling and has never seen the beta, let alone played it. Hell even people who are not part of the beta know more about the game than he does. Evidence is here in his gem of a post which was locked. And even the mod who locked it thought it was ridiculous.

If he was really part of the beta he would have known better than to believe in false rumors (especially from a troll site that is famous for bashing blizz games) i'am not part of the beta and i could spot the bullshit in that article a mile away, but he flat out believed that it would be the pricing structure blizz would use for its RMAH going on to say that he would never play the game. And now all of a sudden he's here to share his "views" on the beta.

But his hate for D3 is quite understandable when you consider the fact the he's s SWOTOR player and is having a blast playing that game

So you both played all these games for 2-3 hours a day, everyday, for years? I call bullshit.
    Why do you keep throwing out random numbers? If the dude only played all those games 2 hours a WEEK for years his point is valid and yours FALLS FLAT. You don't have to devote your entire life to a game for it to entertain you for years bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multiple Shot Lightning Enchanted were bad, normal LE were not so bad, unless in NM and HEll your resistance was in the minus figures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Why do you keep throwing out random numbers? If the dude only played all those games 2 hours a WEEK for years his point is valid and yours FALLS FLAT. You don't have to devote your entire life to a game for it to entertain you for years bro.
    Average mmo player spands about 10-20 hours a week in game. People are claiming new games don't have the replay value old games did. I'm saying no one played these old games as much as they play MMOs now. Even if they did the content in old games is severly lacking compared to what games have now. Saying you played Mario 3 and it can keep you entertained for years, while a mmo can't is bullshit.

http://www.1up.com/news/study-shows-time-spent-playing

10+ Year Old Account
    And pretty much every gamer I know STILL plays certain very old games, because those games kept THEM entertained for years.
    This is called "nostalgia". I play more Sonic "1" than Skyrim, it doesn't mean Skyrim sucks and Sega is the best company ever...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    i'd like to say that i am thoroughly disappointed and have no intentions on playing this game

its pretty obvious, blizzard north and sierra are dead and all the creativity they had has died with them

this game just feels like a hack and slash wow, too easy, too cartoony not dark/horror like the original and it's sequel

this is not an installment in the diablo series, its a disgrace. blizzard needs to rename this

they are shitting all over the game

dont even get me started on the RMAH

Can i now laugh at all the people who thought they was getting a good deal with the annual pass?

Blizzard know this game suck.

Bobby Kotick has done it again, he has milked a decent name for the sake of profit.....................

and he got all you mugs to sign up for a year of WoW at the same time.

Learn much from that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    This is called "nostalgia". I play more Sonic "1" than Skyrim, it doesn't mean Skyrim sucks and Sega is the best company ever...
    I know what you mean. I don't even have Skyrim, but I still play Baldur's Gate 1 & 2

Deleted
    Either people are trolling, have way too high expectations or simply haven't played the game at all yet... my beta experience so far has been awesome, the gameplay is incredibly smooth and the entire atmosphere is just perfect (what comic looks are you talking about? cant see it).

The game has so many amazing details that you don't notice immediately or just take for granted. For example when you start playing a barbarian, have you noticed how f mighty the character feels? The spell animations and sound, coupled with the fluent gameplay makes me want to slay hordes of mobs nonstop