Post Is the SWTOR website still putting everyone else in the waiting list?

I went out and bought my copy yesterday and went to download it and had some problems so i uninstalled and went to reinstall today.......let me say bad decision bc i was not aware of the updates and whatnot. but now all the servers are up and when i got to thier website to download the client again it puts me in a waiting lobby. is that happening to anyone else? i need help all i wanna do is play!

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, it still puts people in queue for high traffic.

Also remember that you can always download Origin, then download the client through Origin rather than the website. I know that Origin isn't popular, but it is a way to get around the website issues for the time being. Also, it doesn't need to be active to play the game, so you can always completely kill the process.

It's stopped doing that just now, in favour of saying "lol no access because of traffic."

Which was the purpose of the waiting list in the first place, wasn't it?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    It's stopped doing that just now, in favour of saying "lol no access because of traffic."

Which was the purpose of the waiting list in the first place, wasn't it?
    I think that it fully crashed. I was attempting to post a reply and can't get through. I don't use SWTOR.com much though. I usually just post here and at Oldrepublic.net. The official forums are almost as bad as WoW's.

thanks i was just getting so frusterated i already spend all of yesterday tryng to download it and i have to work tonight so looks like thts what ill wait for when i get home

Having a queue to get onto a website is utterly hilarious and ludicrous.

Although I can understand why they don't spend hundreds of thousands on catering for the very peak times, as within 6 months they will only be getting 10% of the traffic they are now (both on the website and actual game servers)

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Festisio View Post
    Having a queue to get onto a website is utterly hilarious and ludicrous.

Although I can understand why they don't spend hundreds of thousands on catering for the very peak times, as within 6 months they will only be getting 10% of the traffic they are now (both on the website and actual game servers)
    If you're going to post just to bash a game and flame, you might as well not even bother. Just stay in the WoW section and mind your own business.