Thread: ElvUI problem

ElvUI problem

Well I have 2 frames on ElvUI and I have no idea what they are for.. well I think I know but not quite sure
    Well when I click twice on Loot window it appears at the LEFT down corner (at chat window) making all other chat impossible to read, and I have no idea at all how I can use than black windows at Right down corner

http://i40.tinypic.com/23v0nix.jpg

It looks like you haven't gone through the correct setup process?
    If you're not prompted to do it every time you log in, I have no idea... Maybe delete the WTF for ElvUI and try again.

/ec

Click the "Install UI" button at the top and follow the prompts.

Message: ...nterface\AddOns\ElvUI\modules\unitframes\options.lua:5960: attempt to index field 'rdebuffs' (a nil value)
    Time: 12/28/11 09:49:03
    Count: 5
    Stack: ...nterface\AddOns\ElvUI\modules\unitframes\options.lua:5960: in function `member'
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:249: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:197>
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1144: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1054>
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1581: in function `FeedGroup'
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1506: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1486>
    (tail call): ?
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:5>
    ...nterface\AddOns\ElvUI\libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire'
    ...ibs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIContainer-TreeGroup.lua:504: in function `SetSelected'
    ...ibs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIContainer-TreeGroup.lua:192: in function <...ibs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIContainer-TreeGroup.lua:188>

Locals: <none>

Anyone with idea why i'm getting such a error/

Deleted
    Disable all other addons and log on with only ElvUI enabled. Do you still get the same errror?

Do you have another mod for Looting?

The black box on the bottom right is the Right Chat Window. In Elv UI 3.0 you can go into Chat Settings and "Show only Left, Right or Left and Right"

As it is in that screenshot you can make another chat window and put that chat tab into it...otherwise you can just go into Chat settings and turn off the right panel and use that area for DMG meters and other shit like I do.

Ok first problem is fixed.
    Now Error.. any ideas?

Deleted
    You still haven't answered my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trokko View Post
    Disable all other addons and log on with only ElvUI enabled. Do you still get the same errror?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask in Elv's forum.

Looks like you have another addon creating a conflict.

10+ Year Old Account
    When 4.3 released I had issues with updating ElvUI as well. I neede to log out, delete the settings of ElvUI in the WTF folder and rerun the install in game. That kind of fixed things for me

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    When 4.3 released I had issues with updating ElvUI as well. I neede to log out, delete the settings of ElvUI in the WTF folder and rerun the install in game. That kind of fixed things for me
    Elv completely reworked the UI for 4.3, any major update like that requires a full restart of your client as it adds new files/removes old file structure/etc.

The specific LUA error given looks like an old error. Make sure you are installing the latest from WOWINTERFACE, and restart your wow client completely when installing. If that doesn't fix it, try posting on the Tukui forum in the ElvUI section

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use ElvUI anymore... But clearing your ElvUI cache should fix all issues you're having.

WTF > Account > AccountName > Saved Variables
    Delete your ElvUI, ElvUI.lua, ElvUI_Config, and ElvUI_Config.lua

Hope this helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by Segasik View Post
    Message: ...nterface\AddOns\ElvUI\modules\unitframes\options.lua:5960: attempt to index field 'rdebuffs' (a nil value)
    Time: 12/28/11 09:49:03
    Count: 5
    Stack: ...nterface\AddOns\ElvUI\modules\unitframes\options.lua:5960: in function `member'
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:249: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:197>
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1144: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1054>
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1581: in function `FeedGroup'
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1506: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1486>
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:5>
    ...nterface\AddOns\ElvUI\libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire'
    ...ibs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIContainer-TreeGroup.lua:504: in function `SetSelected'
    ...ibs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIContainer-TreeGroup.lua:192: in function <...ibs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIContainer-TreeGroup.lua:188>

Locals: <none>

Anyone with idea why i'm getting such a error/
    Have you tested certain mods turned on only with elvui and no other mods on?

From this error line I can't really tell what mod is causing this error to pop up, but your best bet...might take some time, but to log off with Elvui + 1 mod on...and slowly turn everything on 1 by 1 until it pops up.